Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
01-05-2017, 06:57 AM
RE: Atheists who work out
(01-05-2017 05:25 AM)morondog Wrote:  Sigh Undecided I've been off sick for two weeks. Was supposed to run a marathon today but pulled out halfway through... Fucking flu Sad

Hug

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
01-05-2017, 04:24 PM
I got a new cork yoga mat. It's supposed to be anti-microbial. So far I'm liking it a lot. It gets a bit slippy in some of the longer held poses like in Hatha or Iyengar yoga-but not crazy slippy. It's fine with faster moving classes like Vinyasa, Ashtanga, and Kundalini or predominantly seated classes like Yin and Restorative. They do make a non-slip spray to go with it, which I will probably get as well just to have on hand.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
04-05-2017, 04:35 PM
Did a 45 minute ab/core workout this am. Ugh, don't like doing ab work Tongue but I do it because I need a strong core for some of the more advanced yoga poses. And also it's good for health and wellness Wink

Are there any parts of your workout you do that you don't like, but do anyway to further your ability in your sport/activity/career/health and wellness etc.?

04-05-2017, 05:31 PM
(04-05-2017 04:35 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Did a 45 minute ab/core workout this am. Ugh, don't like doing ab work Tongue but I do it because I need a strong core for some of the more advanced yoga poses. And also it's good for health and wellness Wink

Are there any parts of your workout you do that you don't like, but do anyway to further your ability in your sport/activity/career/health and wellness etc.?

I'm personally not a fan of mid or long distance running, though I don't mind sprints. I don't have to test on it in the military anymore, but I still need to be able to score decent on the beep test for various law enforcement related careers in Canada.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
04-05-2017, 06:50 PM
The cardiologist is restricting me to no cardio or hard yoga for two weeks Sad
I can take normal walks, and I think I will try to learn meditation in the meantime.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
04-05-2017, 07:07 PM
(04-05-2017 06:50 PM)skyking Wrote:  The cardiologist is restricting me to no cardio or hard yoga for two weeks Sad
I can take normal walks, and I think I will try to learn meditation in the meantime.

I'm glad you are okay! Meditation is great! The Honest Guys on youtube have a really great meditation series. I highly recommend Thumbsup

04-05-2017, 07:08 PM
(04-05-2017 06:50 PM)skyking Wrote:  The cardiologist is restricting me to no cardio or hard yoga for two weeks Sad

Also try some Restorative yoga. That would be great for you right now. And obviously check with your doctor first Thumbsup

07-05-2017, 07:41 PM
Working out is a very strange thing for me.

As someone who has inclinations of the Fem, the more I work out, the less I want to act effeminate. It is truly amazing how the tearing of muscle fibers can trigger your body to produce adrenaline and testosterone. So I try to find a happy balance between High Volume Bodybuilding 6/day splits and nothing.

What I have found is 3/week is great for making me not so jacked up and hyper and aggressive.

I will be starting Reddit's Bodyweight Recommended Routine shortly. I had done some of Reg Park's beginner routine: 3X5 benchpress, squat, deadlift (2X5 warm up sets).

If you have to experience working out, I would highly! highly! recommend Pavel's "Power to the People" ebook. This is a great program to start with and it saved my injured knees from long distance running and sport fencing. Why is the program so good? Because it works on two exercises Deadlift and a Press Movement (bench, bent! -recommend-, military), and will leave you daily feeling very refreshed and energetic. I also think lifting heavy but at a low intensity pace is a great confidence booster for those afraid of the gym scene.
07-05-2017, 10:01 PM
(01-05-2017 04:24 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I got a new cork yoga mat. It's supposed to be anti-microbial. So far I'm liking it a lot. It gets a bit slippy in some of the longer held poses like in Hatha or Iyengar yoga-but not crazy slippy. It's fine with faster moving classes like Vinyasa, Ashtanga, and Kundalini or predominantly seated classes like Yin and Restorative. They do make a non-slip spray to go with it, which I will probably get as well just to have on hand.

Something I see with yoga mats that puzzles me. If you roll it up, you are getting whatever it is on the floor on both sides of the mat. Folding it (and only using the one side towards you) makes more sense to me. How do you handle that?
07-05-2017, 10:42 PM
(07-05-2017 10:01 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(01-05-2017 04:24 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I got a new cork yoga mat. It's supposed to be anti-microbial. So far I'm liking it a lot. It gets a bit slippy in some of the longer held poses like in Hatha or Iyengar yoga-but not crazy slippy. It's fine with faster moving classes like Vinyasa, Ashtanga, and Kundalini or predominantly seated classes like Yin and Restorative. They do make a non-slip spray to go with it, which I will probably get as well just to have on hand.

Something I see with yoga mats that puzzles me. If you roll it up, you are getting whatever it is on the floor on both sides of the mat. Folding it (and only using the one side towards you) makes more sense to me. How do you handle that?

I use a yoga mat spray cleaner. It smells good too Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post