Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
19-05-2017, 09:57 AM
RE: Atheists who work out
I finally tried buti yoga (Nurse mentioned it in this thread and it got me thinking about trying it again). I've been hearing about it for awhile, it's kind of all the rage. I really couldn't get into it though. it reminded me of a Zumba meets yoga class. Although, I can see why some people like it. I'm more of a traditionalist when it comes to yoga, so that could be why I wasn't liking it.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-05-2017, 10:04 AM
Had my last "fat" day today. Starting my diet/work out regime tomorrow morning Smile

JennyBee, have you tried DDP Yoga? That's the version of yoga I personally do Smile

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
19-05-2017, 10:09 AM
(19-05-2017 10:04 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Had my last "fat" day today. Starting my diet/work out regime tomorrow morning Smile

JennyBee, have you tried DDP Yoga? That's the version of yoga I personally do Smile

I haven't. I stick to more traditional forms of yoga like Ashtanga, Iyengar, Kundalini, and other Hatha variations. I incorporate the spirituality of yoga into my practice as well. So mines less gym-style and more traditional yoga I would say Smile

Congrats on starting your diet and exercise plan!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
19-05-2017, 10:38 AM
(19-05-2017 10:09 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(19-05-2017 10:04 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Had my last "fat" day today. Starting my diet/work out regime tomorrow morning Smile

I haven't. I stick to more traditional forms of yoga like Ashtanga, Iyengar, Kundalini, and other Hatha variations. I incorporate the spirituality of yoga into my practice as well. So mines less gym-style and more traditional yoga I would say Smile

Congrats on starting your diet and exercise plan!

I highly recommend it, DDP Yoga, if you can give it a try. It balances the more traditional side of things with some minor modifications, and can work real well. A few years back I hit that hard and lost a ton of weight, whilst dieting as well.

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
30-05-2017, 06:46 PM
Back day!!!!!!! Tongue

Flex

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
30-05-2017, 06:53 PM
(30-05-2017 06:46 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Back day!!!!!!! Tongue

Flex

I love your wife cheering you on in the background-too cute! Tongue Also, the dancing, now that's skill Wink

30-05-2017, 07:37 PM
(30-05-2017 06:53 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(30-05-2017 06:46 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Back day!!!!!!! Tongue

Flex

I love your wife cheering you on in the background-too cute! Tongue Also, the dancing, now that's skill Wink

hehe, that's my 17 yo daughter, we workout together, she is hilarious. Flex

and I was a breakdancer in high school many many many years ago, still got the rhythm Tongue

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
30-05-2017, 07:59 PM (This post was last modified: 30-05-2017 08:17 PM by jennybee.)
(30-05-2017 07:37 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(30-05-2017 06:53 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I love your wife cheering you on in the background-too cute! Tongue Also, the dancing, now that's skill Wink

hehe, that's my 17 yo daughter, we workout together, she is hilarious. Flex

and I was a breakdancer in high school many many many years ago, still got the rhythm Tongue

That's so nice you guys workout together. And I'm impressed about the breakdancing. Thumbsup I like to dance too. Do the sprinkler, lawnmower, running man, and shopping cart dance moves count as dancing? Unsure Laugh out load

09-06-2017, 04:29 PM
Broke out the exercise ball for some core work today. Thumbsup

10-06-2017, 01:00 PM
Uh I'm just going to leave this here...

I don't exercise much but my kids do yoga at school and my wife has been told to do some type of yoga to help with some of her chronic pain issues.

But Goat yoga? This was just in the news this week near me

[Image: goat-2-1495260055.gif]

Wouldn't goats just get in the way and be a constant distraction? On the farm they were great for milk and they are masterful lawnmowers & hedge trimmers but they were also a constant pain in the ass (sometimes quite literally)

And this looks hard as hell :

[Image: 4f8a0da58e3d126ebbabe744fd926853.gif]

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard