Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
10-06-2017, 01:33 PM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2017 01:39 PM by jennybee.)
RE: Atheists who work out
(10-06-2017 01:00 PM)unsapien Wrote:  Uh I'm just going to leave this here...

I don't exercise much but my kids do yoga at school and my wife has been told to do some type of yoga to help with some of her chronic pain issues.

But Goat yoga? This was just in the news this week near me

[Image: goat-2-1495260055.gif]

Wouldn't goats just get in the way and be a constant distraction? On the farm they were great for milk and they are masterful lawnmowers & hedge trimmers but they were also a constant pain in the ass (sometimes quite literally)

And this looks hard as hell :

[Image: 4f8a0da58e3d126ebbabe744fd926853.gif]

I've never done goat yoga Tongue but my cat meditates with me and sits on yoga mat while I do my practice. Nothing fazes him either, downward-facing dog, he sits underneath me, etc. Savasana-he sits by my head. He's a regular yoga kitty, which is why I changed his name from Mojo (he's a black cat) to Moksha (which means liberation in Sanskrit). Big Grin

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2017, 08:24 AM
[Image: 1188289]

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
11-06-2017, 11:30 AM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2017 11:40 AM by GenesisNemesis.)
I definitely squat more than a hundred times each day at work, in addition to lifting some heavy items. Basically it's leg day 4 days per week. I don't think I need more exercise now. Tongue

I have been going on evening/night walks, though. Those are nice.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
11-06-2017, 03:55 PM
I posted this in the Selfie thread, but guess it could also go here. Big Grin Just to let you know, it is hard to take a selfie in a yoga pose Tongue Anyway, here's me in full lotus.

[Image: 1418cxk.jpg]

[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
11-06-2017, 06:28 PM (This post was last modified: 11-06-2017 07:00 PM by jennybee.)
It's kind of hard to see in my above selfie, but this is how full lotus is supposed to look (for anyone interested). Obviously I had to hold my phone and my lighting wasn't the best in my yoga room since I practice with more dim lighting for relaxation purposes. The lady in this pic is also using a mudra (hand gesture).

[Image: lotus-girl.jpg]

*Also I dunno why one of my feet looks whacky in my pic-it must be a combo of the lighting and my foot scrunched up more than usual in trying to contort myself more to take my selfie. I also could be turning into a Reptilian like I suggested in the other thread Laugh out load

[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
12-06-2017, 03:43 AM
I ran an 87 km race last Sunday. I wasn't fit for it. But hey, I do it every year. Anyway, a new training year has begun Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
12-06-2017, 04:03 PM
(12-06-2017 03:43 AM)morondog Wrote:  I ran an 87 km race last Sunday. I wasn't fit for it. But hey, I do it every year. Anyway, a new training year has begun Smile

Good luck with your training! Smile

12-06-2017, 04:04 PM
Anyone hear from Deidre or Can of beans? Haven't seen them on here in awhile.

13-06-2017, 12:02 AM
(12-06-2017 04:04 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Anyone hear from Deidre or Can of beans? Haven't seen them on here in awhile.

Undecided

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
13-06-2017, 10:10 AM
(13-06-2017 12:02 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(12-06-2017 04:04 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Anyone hear from Deidre or Can of beans? Haven't seen them on here in awhile.

Undecided

Hopefully they'll pop by and say hi Smile