Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
13-06-2017, 10:12 AM
RE: Atheists who work out
Today, I'm going to do some more core work. I keep trying to mix things up. I'm going to use my yoga blankets to slide on for plank and various core twists. I am not a fan of doing straight crunches, but will probably throw some of those in there too. Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
13-06-2017, 01:11 PM
I have been mixing plenty of hanging leg raises into my routine.
[+] 1 user Likes ohio_drg's post
13-06-2017, 01:55 PM
(11-06-2017 06:28 PM)jennybee Wrote:  It's kind of hard to see in my above selfie, but this is how full lotus is supposed to look (for anyone interested). Obviously I had to hold my phone and my lighting wasn't the best in my yoga room since I practice with more dim lighting for relaxation purposes. The lady in this pic is also using a mudra (hand gesture).

[Image: lotus-girl.jpg]

*Also I dunno why one of my feet looks whacky in my pic-it must be a combo of the lighting and my foot scrunched up more than usual in trying to contort myself more to take my selfie. I also could be turning into a Reptilian like I suggested in the other thread Laugh out load

I think I would have to break bones to get my legs into that position (yes, I have tried). Even in a very bad approximation, it gets excruciating if I try to hold it for very long.

So my question is: how long can you comfortably remain in that posture?
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
13-06-2017, 02:02 PM
(13-06-2017 01:55 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(11-06-2017 06:28 PM)jennybee Wrote:  It's kind of hard to see in my above selfie, but this is how full lotus is supposed to look (for anyone interested). Obviously I had to hold my phone and my lighting wasn't the best in my yoga room since I practice with more dim lighting for relaxation purposes. The lady in this pic is also using a mudra (hand gesture).

*Also I dunno why one of my feet looks whacky in my pic-it must be a combo of the lighting and my foot scrunched up more than usual in trying to contort myself more to take my selfie. I also could be turning into a Reptilian like I suggested in the other thread Laugh out load

I think I would have to break bones to get my legs into that position (yes, I have tried). Even in a very bad approximation, it gets excruciating if I try to hold it for very long.

Typically anywhere from 1 to 5 minutes since I incorporate it into part of my practice and then I'm moving on to something else. Sometimes I just sit like that to watch tv.
13-06-2017, 02:11 PM
(13-06-2017 02:02 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(13-06-2017 01:55 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I think I would have to break bones to get my legs into that position (yes, I have tried). Even in a very bad approximation, it gets excruciating if I try to hold it for very long.

Typically anywhere from 1 to 5 minutes since I incorporate it into part of my practice and then I'm moving on to something else. Sometimes I just sit like that to watch tv.

But if you're sitting like that to watch TV, do your legs start to get numb (from lack of circulation) after a while? Or when you finally untangle yourself, do your joints hurt? Because those are the things that happen to me (even with a much less extreme position than full lotus). If the TV show is an hour long, are you still OK after an hour?

Disclaimer: I'm a 62-year-old guy with big musclebound legs, and probably much less flexible than you!

Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
13-06-2017, 02:16 PM
(13-06-2017 02:11 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(13-06-2017 02:02 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Typically anywhere from 1 to 5 minutes since I incorporate it into part of my practice and then I'm moving on to something else. Sometimes I just sit like that to watch tv.

But if you're sitting like that to watch TV, do your legs start to get numb (from lack of circulation) after a while? Or when you finally untangle yourself, do your joints hurt? Because those are the things that happen to me (even with a much less extreme position than full lotus). If the TV show is an hour long, are you still OK after an hour?

Disclaimer: I'm a 62-year-old guy with big musclebound legs, and probably much less flexible than you!

Tongue

No, it doesn't hurt or cut off my circulation. Big Grin But I've also been doing yoga for years. And I do anywhere from 2-4 classes a day, so that's about 3-4 hours of yoga a day, every day. My body is just kind of used to it and actually feels more comfortable in poses than not in poses. For example, I wake up in yoga poses in my bed in the am without even meaning to Laugh out load
13-06-2017, 03:23 PM
(13-06-2017 01:55 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  

*Also not a good idea to force yourself into that position, it takes time to work up to. You can always start in half lotus--but obviously get yourself into a regular and ongoing yoga practice first where you are gradually increasing flexibility on an ongoing basis, the rest comes naturally.
13-06-2017, 08:58 PM
(13-06-2017 01:11 PM)ohio_drg Wrote:  I have been mixing plenty of hanging leg raises into my routine.

Like this?
[Image: 20160624164317_hanging_leg_raise.gif?alt...exercises?]
13-06-2017, 09:49 PM
(13-06-2017 08:58 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(13-06-2017 01:11 PM)ohio_drg Wrote:  I have been mixing plenty of hanging leg raises into my routine.

Like this?

I used to do that kind of exercise while sliding under a vehicle, by hanging on the bumper.

Your current avatar makes me think JennyBunny, btw. I like bunnies; they are soft and sweet. I sometimes call my Maltese "BunnyDog", because she sits like a bunny, sometimes.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
13-06-2017, 10:15 PM
(13-06-2017 09:49 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(13-06-2017 08:58 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Like this?

I used to do that kind of exercise while sliding under a vehicle, by hanging on the bumper.

Your current avatar makes me think JennyBunny, btw. I like bunnies; they are soft and sweet. I sometimes call my Maltese "BunnyDog", because she sits like a bunny, sometimes.

Sounds dangerous Wink

I chose the bunny because I thought he kind of looked like a peace sign and he was cute. As I type this, there's a tiny baby spider crawling on my phone screen. Too cute. He's just chillin right now.

I had to cancel two yoga classes today because of my freakin period. It hits me hard. Just felt like shit all day. So I had time to fuck around on here and look for a new avatar Big Grin