Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
14-06-2017, 08:12 AM
RE: Atheists who work out
Like I mentioned, I've been upping my core/ab workouts. What do you guys think about this workout I found online?

[Image: c7685472b6b41c6a198e6c83675991b5.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
14-06-2017, 11:07 PM
Started a 5 day trial at LA Fitness today. Started a new job Monday.
The crane truck I am operating has the seat about 9' off the ground up a series of uneven tall steps and turns, and if I park it off kilter I get to do some long reaches. Today I got in 5000 steps on that route Smile
Today's Recap:
40 minutes treadmill @ 4AM
That work thing
an hour on various machines at LA Fitness
40 more treadmill
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
15-06-2017, 10:35 AM
(14-06-2017 11:07 PM)skyking Wrote:  Started a 5 day trial at LA Fitness today. Started a new job Monday.
The crane truck I am operating has the seat about 9' off the ground up a series of uneven tall steps and turns, and if I park it off kilter I get to do some long reaches. Today I got in 5000 steps on that route Smile
Today's Recap:
40 minutes treadmill @ 4AM
That work thing
an hour on various machines at LA Fitness
40 more treadmill

Wow! Good for you SK Smile and at 4am double wow!
15-06-2017, 02:37 PM
Hi everyone. I'm just popping by since I finally have a moment. I've been getting totally swamped at both work and home so I haven't been able to come by for a couple of months. It's good to see people still keeping up with their workouts.

I'm still running also, but it has been more difficult between lack of time and recovering from injuring my back doing yard work for an entire weekend about 6 weeks ago. I've been running short (at least for me) distances of about 3 miles 3 times per week. The back is slowly getting better so I added in some 5 and 7 mile runs for the past 2 weeks. However, that seems to have aggravated the back slightly so I'm still playing it by ear. I mainly want to be ready to begin marathon training again in August. My next marathon is in January.

Keep up the good work! Thumbsup

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
15-06-2017, 03:51 PM
(15-06-2017 02:37 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Hi everyone. I'm just popping by since I finally have a moment. I've been getting totally swamped at both work and home so I haven't been able to come by for a couple of months. It's good to see people still keeping up with their workouts.

I'm still running also, but it has been more difficult between lack of time and recovering from injuring my back doing yard work for an entire weekend about 6 weeks ago. I've been running short (at least for me) distances of about 3 miles 3 times per week. The back is slowly getting better so I added in some 5 and 7 mile runs for the past 2 weeks. However, that seems to have aggravated the back slightly so I'm still playing it by ear. I mainly want to be ready to begin marathon training again in August. My next marathon is in January.

Keep up the good work! Thumbsup

Hey good to see you on here again! Good luck with the upcoming marathon!
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
16-06-2017, 01:01 PM
(15-06-2017 03:51 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Hey good to see you on here again! Good luck with the upcoming marathon!
Thanks, it's still a ways away, but it will creep up before I know it.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
16-06-2017, 02:39 PM
(16-06-2017 01:01 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(15-06-2017 03:51 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Hey good to see you on here again! Good luck with the upcoming marathon!
Thanks, it's still a ways away, but it will creep up before I know it.

I would imagine it takes a long time to train though. How does that work, training-wise?
16-06-2017, 03:02 PM
On days that I don't run on the treadmill at work, I try to take at least 3 workout breaks. I'll usually do something along the lines of 150 squats during each break. Or I'll do 150 reverse crunches and 100 crunches per break. Sometimes I'll just do some planks or push-ups.

On days that I run, I shoot for a 3 mile run and at least one workout break.

It's nice to get out of my seat for a little while and get some blood moving.
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
16-06-2017, 03:24 PM
(16-06-2017 03:02 PM)Emma Wrote:  On days that I don't run on the treadmill at work, I try to take at least 3 workout breaks. I'll usually do something along the lines of 150 squats during each break. Or I'll do 150 reverse crunches and 100 crunches per break. Sometimes I'll just do some planks or push-ups.

On days that I run, I shoot for a 3 mile run and at least one workout break.

It's nice to get out of my seat for a little while and get some blood moving.

I think that's the key, making a workout fit to your schedule so you can better keep up with it. In addition to my regular yoga practice, I try and incorporate yoga poses throughout the day. So when I'm brushing my teeth, I'll do it in tree pose or lotus pose when I'm watching tv. Or I'll practice breathing exercises when I'm driving in my car. Sometimes, I just have 5 minutes to meditate, that sort of thing. It definitely sounds like you've got a great workout going there Smile
17-06-2017, 02:51 AM
I've definitely done something to myself Sad Did a 5 k this morning and felt like something was gonna tear the whole time.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.