Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
20-06-2017, 10:24 AM
RE: Atheists who work out
Very cool Smile I will invest in some of these me-thinks.

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
20-06-2017, 07:26 PM
(20-06-2017 08:37 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Hopefully no injuries and all goes well. I hear you about the sports injuries and while it sucks, to me it's all part of it. So I've just started to embrace it. Yesterday I took a nose dive in crow pose Hobo Luckily, my wrists are okay because I literally went flying forward like a crow Tongue I usually am fine in crow but this time, I just lost my balance and went sailing forward over my wrists and I literally thought I broke both of them. But today, I'm going back into crow because I don't want any residual fear of falling and hurting myself to keep me from doing any poses. Falling is all part of the journey--you just gotta get back up Thumbsup

Thanks. I hope your wrists are okay today as well. It's great to get right back at it, but if you need some healing time, that's important too. I agree too about the injuries being part of it all. They used to get me down a bit, but after about 5 years now since I got back into running, I've had enough injuries that I now just think "here we go again" and do whatever I can do to keep going. That might be cutting down on the distance, frequency, both, or diverting to more core exercises if I need to stop running completely for a time.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
20-06-2017, 07:48 PM
(20-06-2017 07:26 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(20-06-2017 08:37 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Hopefully no injuries and all goes well. I hear you about the sports injuries and while it sucks, to me it's all part of it. So I've just started to embrace it. Yesterday I took a nose dive in crow pose Hobo Luckily, my wrists are okay because I literally went flying forward like a crow Tongue I usually am fine in crow but this time, I just lost my balance and went sailing forward over my wrists and I literally thought I broke both of them. But today, I'm going back into crow because I don't want any residual fear of falling and hurting myself to keep me from doing any poses. Falling is all part of the journey--you just gotta get back up Thumbsup

Thanks. I hope your wrists are okay today as well. It's great to get right back at it, but if you need some healing time, that's important too. I agree too about the injuries being part of it all. They used to get me down a bit, but after about 5 years now since I got back into running, I've had enough injuries that I now just think "here we go again" and do whatever I can do to keep going. That might be cutting down on the distance, frequency, both, or diverting to more core exercises if I need to stop running completely for a time.

Yeah, I'm completely fine. Smile Even when you practice a lot, sometimes you still crash out of poses Laugh out load
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
21-06-2017, 08:51 PM
I've been adding some pistols into my workouts. I'm really liking them--anyone try them?

[Image: pistolfull-420x260.jpg]
21-06-2017, 09:35 PM
there is a picture missing there. The third one must be a person flat on their back, hands are now raised up above them. Raised leg is optional. 1 rep = exercise finished.
21-06-2017, 09:51 PM (This post was last modified: 21-06-2017 10:33 PM by jennybee.)
(21-06-2017 09:35 PM)skyking Wrote:  there is a picture missing there. The third one must be a person flat on their back, hands are now raised up above them. Raised leg is optional. 1 rep = exercise finished.

Hmm interesting Consider That's not how I was taught to do them.
23-06-2017, 12:06 PM
Some of you might appreciate this. Equally applicable to male self defense classes.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
23-06-2017, 10:39 PM
(23-06-2017 12:06 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Some of you might appreciate this. Equally applicable to male self defense classes.

He makes a lot of good points-especially about going onto the ground. Thanks for posting Smile
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
06-07-2017, 08:05 AM
I am kind of fitness nerd. As long as I remember myself I was fat. I was dreaming about losing weight and gaining some muscles. I became interested in bodybuilding. I started to attend gym 3-4 times a week, even found a personal trainer on http://www.tomfit.co.nz/ ( I am from New Zealand, by the way). It was hard but in 2 months I managed to lose 15 kg. Now I am 180cm and 89kg of weight.
[+] 2 users Like MuntyJay's post
06-07-2017, 10:48 AM
Hey TTA! I've been doing yoga a lot more, and cross fit as usual. I got married in May Big Grin

Miss you all Heart

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post