Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
30-03-2015, 05:21 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
My cat gets in my way every time i workout(and my adonis ratio is getting better

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2015, 05:22 PM
(30-03-2015 10:55 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  I think I'll start doing my daily push-ups... again.

I reached 180 a day in around 4/5 months and then stopped for no reason. I want my abs back! Also... the treadmill.
Abs = low body fat %

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
30-03-2015, 05:25 PM
(30-03-2015 05:22 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(30-03-2015 10:55 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  I think I'll start doing my daily push-ups... again.

I reached 180 a day in around 4/5 months and then stopped for no reason. I want my abs back! Also... the treadmill.
Abs = low body fat %
This. I would rather be in shape and fat than weak with abs

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
30-03-2015, 05:41 PM
(14-03-2015 06:58 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  I started going for walks again. I hope I'll keep it up, but I'm not too optimistic.

It's not so much about motivation, but rather the simple fact that I'm just too bored of the same places over and over again. I've walked around the whole neighborhood so many times, in a 20-minutes-away radius in all directions. I'm almost sick of this place, even though it is quite a beautiful neighborhood.

We replaced the batteries on the scales the other day and I weighed myself for the first time in months. I was shocked to see that I'm the heaviest I've ever been and this needs to change. I've found it easier to adjust my eating habits than to keep up with a walking schedule.

What can I do? Even listening to music doesn't help much.
Your regular diet is going to be the biggest contributor to your body size (assuming you aren't a crazy athlete). A small omission (one less coffee, no more pop/soda, only eat dessert once a week or less, don't eat bread/pasta every day) can make a huge difference over a relatively small amount of time. Exercise is always good in general for energy, fitness, and strength, but your regular diet is what your body is using to mostly determine how much fat it is storing.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
30-03-2015, 05:56 PM
(24-03-2015 04:24 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Have a new workout structure:

When I wake up:Ab workout

During the afternoon:Cardio

Before bed:Muscles.

Abs are muscles... Dodgy

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
30-03-2015, 06:14 PM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2015 06:18 PM by Gilgamesh.)
(30-03-2015 05:25 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(30-03-2015 05:22 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Abs = low body fat %
This. I would rather be in shape and fat than weak with abs

Everyone defines 'in-shape' for themselves, man. Personally I hate fat. I think humans in their most perfect form are lean.

Anyhow, I think it's time for me to start bodybuilding again. For the past two years I've neglected myself in my never-ending melancholy. No more, I say.
[+] 1 user Likes Gilgamesh's post
30-03-2015, 06:59 PM
(30-03-2015 05:41 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(14-03-2015 06:58 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  I started going for walks again. I hope I'll keep it up, but I'm not too optimistic.

It's not so much about motivation, but rather the simple fact that I'm just too bored of the same places over and over again. I've walked around the whole neighborhood so many times, in a 20-minutes-away radius in all directions. I'm almost sick of this place, even though it is quite a beautiful neighborhood.

We replaced the batteries on the scales the other day and I weighed myself for the first time in months. I was shocked to see that I'm the heaviest I've ever been and this needs to change. I've found it easier to adjust my eating habits than to keep up with a walking schedule.

What can I do? Even listening to music doesn't help much.
Your regular diet is going to be the biggest contributor to your body size (assuming you aren't a crazy athlete). A small omission (one less coffee, no more pop/soda, only eat dessert once a week or less, don't eat bread/pasta every day) can make a huge difference over a relatively small amount of time. Exercise is always good in general for energy, fitness, and strength, but your regular diet is what your body is using to mostly determine how much fat it is storing.

All true except the coffee part. Black, or with milk and stevia, coffee and tea are great energy and diuretics... Just don't drink too much if you have nerve problems, low calcium levels, or within about 5 hours of bed.
[+] 2 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
30-03-2015, 07:47 PM
Not all muscles are created equally. Abs are not prone to hypertrophy in the same way that many other muscle groups are, which brings both advantages and disadvantage in regards to their conditioning. The main advantage is that they heal quickly. This is because there isn't much building going on. They are mostly just repairing themselves, and gains are minimal. For this reason, abs can and should be targeted in your routine almost daily. If you only hit them once or twice a week, you might experience some newbie gains initially but will quickly hit a wall.

Since they are also used in some way or another in almost any exercise, my preference is to do my primary workout first, then finish off by blasting whatever is left of my abs immediately afterwards. The strategy of doing abs in the morning and then a different workout much later in the day, as Metazoa Zeke mentioned, is also an option due to the fact that well conditioned abs can heal almost completely within a matter of hours. Other more hypertrophy prone muscle groups, such as the biceps, need more healing time to maximize gains.

However you choose to go about it, the difference between unworked abs and regularly worked abs is not as significant as the difference between unworked and worked biceps, triceps, quads, etc. This is why low body fat is the primary determining factor as to how visible your abs are to other people.

I like to keep my body fat somewhat low, as relative strength is important to me for my purposes. I also don't want to keep my body fat too low because I don't want to crash every time my insulin levels go down and my body switches away from carb burning mode.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
30-03-2015, 07:53 PM
(30-03-2015 05:56 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(24-03-2015 04:24 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Have a new workout structure:

When I wake up:Ab workout

During the afternoon:Cardio

Before bed:Muscles.

Abs are muscles... Dodgy

In the workout word not really. Abs can be worked non stop with no problem. Other mucles will have a problem

30-03-2015, 07:57 PM
(30-03-2015 05:22 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  

Abs = low body fat %

This.
For them to be visible. People can work their abs all day long, if their diet is out of control, it won't matter.

Be true to yourself. Heart