Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
10-07-2017, 07:12 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
Spin bike class tonight, it was great - did a lot of isolation work. 30 minute class only. Then, I did some core work, and 40 push ups. Feeling strong! Flex

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
10-07-2017, 07:25 PM
Ah, there's my gym card. It's been on the counter right next to my apartment door, and I have managed to ignore it for more than three months now.

I hope I will be motivated enough to go back to the ellipitical when I come off work this evening.

Fingers crossed.

Want something? Then do something.
[+] 2 users Like HU.Junyuan's post
10-07-2017, 07:36 PM
(10-07-2017 03:26 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(10-07-2017 07:36 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I find it hard to eat enough when it's really hot out too. I usually stick to cold protein shakes, and adding "extras" to basic meals. For example, if I make buckwheat cereal, in addition to cashew butter, I'll throw on some hemp seeds (there's 11 g of extra protein and xtra cals right there). And if I make a lentil noodle pasta, I'll throw on some nutritional yeast (another 8 g protein, and more cals).

I really like these quinoa salad wraps I make in the summer. You can really juice up the protein like crazy.

Get swiss chard for the wraps. Put some hummus down as a base, then add cooked quinoa, shredded carrots, chickpeas (or chicken if you prefer), pumpkin or hemp seeds, chopped dates (if you like a lil sweet) or even some olives and feta (if you eat dairy) would work. I like these because they're healthy, filling, loaded with cals and protein and cooling for the summer.

Why can't you be my neighbor? Big Grin Your recipes are amazing sounding!

Off to the gym for a spin class I'm thinking.

That would be fun! Food and workouts I like it Thumbsup

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
10-07-2017, 08:34 PM
(10-07-2017 07:25 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  Ah, there's my gym card. It's been on the counter right next to my apartment door, and I have managed to ignore it for more than three months now.

I hope I will be motivated enough to go back to the ellipitical when I come off work this evening.

Fingers crossed.

You can do it! Tell us how it went. Yes

10-07-2017, 09:41 PM
We went to the gym Sunday early, did most of a full circuit on machines but I left out the pushes. Went this afternoon and took care of that. My wife swam the pool aerobics tonight. She has arthritis that really limits most excercise, traditional yoga is out, for example. The pool is best.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
12-07-2017, 10:33 AM
I haven't mentioned to you guys, but I shared it on AF that I'm leaning towards atheism again. Long story, but when I left faith the first time and eventually identified as an atheist, my grandmother died like a year later. And I struggled with the atheist position at that time since I was overwhelmed by her loss and how to cope with it, as an atheist. Fast forward to a little over a year ago, I came back to faith but the more I think about it, the more I feel that faith is little more than wishful thinking and all built around emotion. Soooo, here I am, finding my ground again and this time it's different. I think recognizing that allowing our lives to be governed by what feels good or comforting is dangerous. (Faith can seem comforting, if only in your mind)

Anyways that's my spiritual update! Big Grin

Yesterday, I did 30 minutes on the treadmill (run) and cross fit Smile

[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
12-07-2017, 10:35 AM
(10-07-2017 07:25 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  Ah, there's my gym card. It's been on the counter right next to my apartment door, and I have managed to ignore it for more than three months now.

Fingers crossed.

So did you go to the gym the other day? Consider

12-07-2017, 11:35 AM
(12-07-2017 10:33 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I haven't mentioned to you guys, but I shared it on AF that I'm leaning towards atheism again. Long story, but when I left faith the first time and eventually identified as an atheist, my grandmother died like a year later. And I struggled with the atheist position at that time since I was overwhelmed by her loss and how to cope with it, as an atheist. Fast forward to a little over a year ago, I came back to faith but the more I think about it, the more I feel that faith is little more than wishful thinking and all built around emotion. Soooo, here I am, finding my ground again and this time it's different. I think recognizing that allowing our lives to be governed by what feels good or comforting is dangerous. (Faith can seem comforting, if only in your mind)

Anyways that's my spiritual update! Big Grin

Yesterday, I did 30 minutes on the treadmill (run) and cross fit Smile

I consider myself to be a spiritual atheist. Some people don't like that term but it works for me. Smile

I'm spiritual in the sense of my yoga and connecting with myself and I do live my life based on yogic principles, but I don't believe in gods of any sort or an afterlife.

I think each person needs to live their own lives with whatever they feel comfortable with. So whether you are Christian or atheist or anywhere in between, we still love you here Smile

I also think it's common to want to cling to religion when we lose people we love. So totally understandable that you would have a desire to go back to what you once believed.

I'm sorry about your grandma *hugs*

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
12-07-2017, 01:23 PM
I've been struggling to run recently. Just slowly starting to pick it up again. Gonna do 15k or so tomorrow Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
12-07-2017, 01:37 PM
(12-07-2017 01:23 PM)morondog Wrote:  I've been struggling to run recently. Just slowly starting to pick it up again. Gonna do 15k or so tomorrow Smile

Good luck! I'm struggling to get some personal yoga practice in the last few days due to my fucking period. Man, it sucks Weeping But yoga always helps make it feel better, but getting the energy together when you feel like complete shit to do a 90 minute practice isn't easy.