Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
12-07-2017, 02:43 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
(12-07-2017 01:37 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(12-07-2017 01:23 PM)morondog Wrote:  I've been struggling to run recently. Just slowly starting to pick it up again. Gonna do 15k or so tomorrow Smile

Good luck! I'm struggling to get some personal yoga practice in the last few days due to my fucking period. Man, it sucks Weeping But yoga always helps make it feel better, but getting the energy together when you feel like complete shit to do a 90 minute practice isn't easy.

I'm glad I don't get periods. It'd really fuck with my chill.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
12-07-2017, 03:21 PM
(12-07-2017 02:43 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(12-07-2017 01:37 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Good luck! I'm struggling to get some personal yoga practice in the last few days due to my fucking period. Man, it sucks Weeping But yoga always helps make it feel better, but getting the energy together when you feel like complete shit to do a 90 minute practice isn't easy.

True but it is a good excuse to eat Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey Almond Milk Ice Cream while I take the day off from work Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
12-07-2017, 05:38 PM
short on time this morning, so I warmed up, ran a 12 minute mile, cooled down for a 15 minute treadmill drill. It is a new tool in the toolbox of exercise for me. Running was never a strong point decades ago when it was possible, but I will use it now to get my mojo on quickly.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
12-07-2017, 09:37 PM
(12-07-2017 11:35 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(12-07-2017 10:33 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I haven't mentioned to you guys, but I shared it on AF that I'm leaning towards atheism again. Long story, but when I left faith the first time and eventually identified as an atheist, my grandmother died like a year later. And I struggled with the atheist position at that time since I was overwhelmed by her loss and how to cope with it, as an atheist. Fast forward to a little over a year ago, I came back to faith but the more I think about it, the more I feel that faith is little more than wishful thinking and all built around emotion. Soooo, here I am, finding my ground again and this time it's different. I think recognizing that allowing our lives to be governed by what feels good or comforting is dangerous. (Faith can seem comforting, if only in your mind)

Anyways that's my spiritual update! Big Grin

Yesterday, I did 30 minutes on the treadmill (run) and cross fit Smile

I consider myself to be a spiritual atheist. Some people don't like that term but it works for me. Smile

I'm spiritual in the sense of my yoga and connecting with myself and I do live my life based on yogic principles, but I don't believe in gods of any sort or an afterlife.

I think each person needs to live their own lives with whatever they feel comfortable with. So whether you are Christian or atheist or anywhere in between, we still love you here Smile

I also think it's common to want to cling to religion when we lose people we love. So totally understandable that you would have a desire to go back to what you once believed.

I'm sorry about your grandma *hugs*

Hug You always say the right thing!

I'm leaning towards an atheist worldview as this sits best logically and honestly, it always had since I had left faith the first time, but I also like some principles in Buddhism, etc. I also like yoga meditation and that can be very connecting, I don't think you have to worship a deity in order to feel spiritual, as you say.

So, just sorting it out, but it feels good to be healed from my grandmother's death (although that awful void will always be there) and to be feeling like I don't ''need'' faith to hold me up, like I always thought I needed.

So for my workout today, I did a few miles on the treadmill as it was thundering out, and I didn't want to chance it. I then did some cross fit kettlebell stuff, planks, and push ups.

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
12-07-2017, 09:38 PM
(12-07-2017 02:43 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(12-07-2017 01:37 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Good luck! I'm struggling to get some personal yoga practice in the last few days due to my fucking period. Man, it sucks Weeping But yoga always helps make it feel better, but getting the energy together when you feel like complete shit to do a 90 minute practice isn't easy.

Periods for the most part, SUCK! Hobo << that's how it makes you. Angry

[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
12-07-2017, 10:27 PM
(12-07-2017 09:37 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(12-07-2017 11:35 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I consider myself to be a spiritual atheist. Some people don't like that term but it works for me. Smile

I'm spiritual in the sense of my yoga and connecting with myself and I do live my life based on yogic principles, but I don't believe in gods of any sort or an afterlife.

I think each person needs to live their own lives with whatever they feel comfortable with. So whether you are Christian or atheist or anywhere in between, we still love you here Smile

I also think it's common to want to cling to religion when we lose people we love. So totally understandable that you would have a desire to go back to what you once believed.

I'm sorry about your grandma *hugs*

Hug You always say the right thing!

I'm leaning towards an atheist worldview as this sits best logically and honestly, it always had since I had left faith the first time, but I also like some principles in Buddhism, etc. I also like yoga meditation and that can be very connecting, I don't think you have to worship a deity in order to feel spiritual, as you say.

So, just sorting it out, but it feels good to be healed from my grandmother's death (although that awful void will always be there) and to be feeling like I don't ''need'' faith to hold me up, like I always thought I needed.

So for my workout today, I did a few miles on the treadmill as it was thundering out, and I didn't want to chance it. I then did some cross fit kettlebell stuff, planks, and push ups.

I think that you and Jennybee are people who live in close contact with their feelings (I honestly wish I could be more that way) and that that makes you more sensitive. Nothing wrong with it, but it isn't the way I was raised. You'll figure it out, one way or the other. One thing I learned, pounding my head on stacks of math and physics texts, wishful thinking won't get me a passing grade (or, more importantly, an understanding of a discipline that I intended to pursue as a career). It still took me many years to realize that I really was an atheist. BoT, I have problems with my feet that are still being worked, and I just had surgery on my left wrist (carpal tunnel syndrome) with surgery coming up on the right wrist soon, so I'm getting really soft, like the Stay Puft Marshmallow man, but not quite that tall.
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
13-07-2017, 07:04 AM
5 sets of burpee pull ups with spiderman pushups instead of regular ones and a 60 lb vest. 10 minutes of hell to start the day Big Grin

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
13-07-2017, 07:16 AM
(13-07-2017 07:04 AM)yakherder Wrote:  5 sets of burpee pull ups with spiderman pushups instead of regular ones and a 60 lb vest. 10 minutes of hell to start the day Big Grin

What, no video? Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
13-07-2017, 07:18 AM
Today I'm back to my regularly scheduled yoga. My period has left the building. Several classes lined up and just had my latte so I'm rarin' to go Yes

[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
13-07-2017, 10:21 AM
Burpees are evil. Angry

[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post