Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
13-07-2017, 10:23 AM
RE: Atheists who work out
(12-07-2017 10:27 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(12-07-2017 09:37 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Hug You always say the right thing!

I'm leaning towards an atheist worldview as this sits best logically and honestly, it always had since I had left faith the first time, but I also like some principles in Buddhism, etc. I also like yoga meditation and that can be very connecting, I don't think you have to worship a deity in order to feel spiritual, as you say.

So, just sorting it out, but it feels good to be healed from my grandmother's death (although that awful void will always be there) and to be feeling like I don't ''need'' faith to hold me up, like I always thought I needed.

So for my workout today, I did a few miles on the treadmill as it was thundering out, and I didn't want to chance it. I then did some cross fit kettlebell stuff, planks, and push ups.

I think that you and Jennybee are people who live in close contact with their feelings (I honestly wish I could be more that way) and that that makes you more sensitive. Nothing wrong with it, but it isn't the way I was raised. You'll figure it out, one way or the other. One thing I learned, pounding my head on stacks of math and physics texts, wishful thinking won't get me a passing grade (or, more importantly, an understanding of a discipline that I intended to pursue as a career). It still took me many years to realize that I really was an atheist. BoT, I have problems with my feet that are still being worked, and I just had surgery on my left wrist (carpal tunnel syndrome) with surgery coming up on the right wrist soon, so I'm getting really soft, like the Stay Puft Marshmallow man, but not quite that tall.
Now see, I wish I was more like you. Laugh out load Less emotion.

Thanks for this, and regarding your workouts...sorry to hear. But, maybe swimming, something with low impact while you're healing? Consider

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
13-07-2017, 12:22 PM
(13-07-2017 10:21 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Burpees are evil. Angry

Yeah but quite efficient when you're busy and just wanna hurt yourself quick and get it over with Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
14-07-2017, 10:14 AM
Burpees are a necessary evil, perhaps. I have grown to like them, they were recently listed in a health magazine as one of the best cardio compound exercises.

Yesterday, I went for a 3 mile run, then did ab crunches, planks, push ups, and side planks. Today, don't have much planned, but over the weekend, back to cross fit.

[Image: a4a2ef97bd0ac36940dde1ce92f81c58--funny-...itness.jpg]

hahahaha!! Big Grin That's an example of how many people see cross fit.

[+] 3 users Like Deidre32's post
15-07-2017, 03:25 PM
3 mile run today plus 45 minutes of cross fit mayhem Smile

What are u guys doing today?

[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
15-07-2017, 03:27 PM
We did deep water aerobics late last night for the first time. It was humbling and a bit shocking.
I no longer float.
I was by far the largest person there, and the puny pool noodle was completely submerged under me, while everybody else had half a foot out of the water on either side.
I have had this built in flotation for so long, I became dependent on it. I can't move in the water like I used to. I will seriously be taking swimming lessons and working on swimming this summer. I am dangerous in the water now.
Did 2.2 in 30 on the treadmill this morning, followed by an hour of chest, overhead, and incline presses, triceps pushes, crunches, back extensions, core rotators on the machines.
Tomorrow is treadmill plus yoga.
Monday it will be pulls and legs.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
15-07-2017, 04:09 PM (This post was last modified: 15-07-2017 04:36 PM by jennybee.)
(15-07-2017 03:25 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  3 mile run today plus 45 minutes of cross fit mayhem Smile

What are u guys doing today?

Had some new furniture delivered today. Had a yoga class. Went out for Thai food for lunch. Now going on a hike. Smile Maybe work on my Thai yoga massage later tonight. I also plan on doing some meditation. For this eve, I'm going to Chinatown in San Francisco. And then maybe watch a movie later.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
16-07-2017, 08:25 AM
Whenever I come back to this site, I don't feel all that welcome like I do on AF, I'm reminded why I don't come around much here whenever I return. Sad

16-07-2017, 08:40 AM
(16-07-2017 08:25 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Whenever I come back to this site, I don't feel all that welcome like I do on AF, I'm reminded why I don't come around much here whenever I return. Sad

Oh no, why do you say that? We love you here. Hug It could be that you just go on AF more and so they know your awesomeness more over there. Heart
16-07-2017, 08:48 AM
(16-07-2017 08:40 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(16-07-2017 08:25 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Whenever I come back to this site, I don't feel all that welcome like I do on AF, I'm reminded why I don't come around much here whenever I return. Sad

Oh no, why do you say that? We love you here. Hug It could be that you just go on AF more and so they know your awesomeness more over there. Heart

Thank you and you're always so kind!! Hug
But it doesn't feel that way on here. Sad I just don't want to spend time where I'm not welcome.
16-07-2017, 08:51 AM
(16-07-2017 08:48 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(16-07-2017 08:40 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Oh no, why do you say that? We love you here. Hug It could be that you just go on AF more and so they know your awesomeness more over there. Heart

Thank you and you're always so kind!! Hug
But it doesn't feel that way on here. Sad I just don't want to spend time where I'm not welcome.

Who made you feel that way and I'll beat them up Tongue