Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
17-07-2017, 12:34 AM
RE: Atheists who work out
today turned into a rest day. Gotta have those, right?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like skyking's post
17-07-2017, 08:47 AM
(16-07-2017 10:31 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Whee, long day. Just got back from work (around midnight). My car finally broke. I mean, I've been trying to run it into the ground so I have an excuse to buy a new one, except it chose to do it away from home, while camping, when I had to go to work that morning (while the rest of the family stayed for one more day). So... I left on my bike and it took about 5 hours to get to work lol. I can't go car shopping until Tuesday, which means I bike to work tomorrow morning again. And it's a long freaking bike commute, even without having to ride back from camping, so bed time for a bit of rest before my forced workout Tongue

My advice for after: Yoga and a hot bath Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
17-07-2017, 09:47 AM
Monday :(why can't I break up with you?
[+] 4 users Like Deidre32's post
17-07-2017, 11:08 AM
(17-07-2017 12:34 AM)skyking Wrote:  today turned into a rest day. Gotta have those, right?

Yes, you do. Listening to our bodies is important! Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
17-07-2017, 12:15 PM (This post was last modified: 17-07-2017 12:31 PM by jennybee.)
(17-07-2017 11:08 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(17-07-2017 12:34 AM)skyking Wrote:  today turned into a rest day. Gotta have those, right?

Yes, you do. Listening to our bodies is important! Yes

So agree! Rest days, imo, actually help me excel at whatever sport or activity I am doing. I usually do a gentle yoga practice one or two times a week with a few yin and restorative poses thrown in and take time away from physically exerting myself in other ways (i.e. advanced yoga poses, strength work, Krav Maga, running, biking, hiking, dancing like a crazy person around my house Tongue etc.)
17-07-2017, 12:22 PM
Just finished my first yoga class of the day. We worked on Hanuman (splits) and Hanuman variation.

Hanuman:

[Image: fa1a89e7f8f6d499001fe6937c1851bb--hanuma...-india.jpg]

Hanuman variation:

[Image: female-yoga-hanuman-variation-splits-pos...684675.jpg]
17-07-2017, 06:49 PM
That looks really amazing, jennybee!!

I had an awesome and exhausting workout earlier, I ran roughly 4 miles, sprints tossed in. Dripping with sweat. Then, I did a series of kettle bell exercises - pendlay rows, bicep work, swings, and lunges. I kept the weight around 15 - 20 lb kb's and the reps high. (15-20)

15 minutes of stretching after, it was great!

To those who are just starting an exercise plan...it is hard at first to start, if you haven't been exercising in a while, or have weight to lose. But, just start, you will not regret starting. You'll get leaner, stronger, and happier. Just start with what you can do, and build it from there. Smile
17-07-2017, 06:52 PM
(17-07-2017 06:49 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  That looks really amazing, jennybee!!

I had an awesome and exhausting workout earlier, I ran roughly 4 miles, sprints tossed in. Dripping with sweat. Then, I did a series of kettle bell exercises - pendlay rows, bicep work, swings, and lunges. I kept the weight around 15 - 20 lb kb's and the reps high. (15-20)

To those who are just starting an exercise plan...it is hard at first to start, if you haven't been exercising in a while, or have weight to lose. But, just start, you will not regret starting. You'll get leaner, stronger, and happier. Just start with what you can do, and build it from there. Smile

Sounds like a great workout! I love those days when you push yourself. Flex I'm going to Krav Maga in a few and am hoping to get my sweat on as well Thumbsup
17-07-2017, 06:57 PM
(17-07-2017 06:52 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(17-07-2017 06:49 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  That looks really amazing, jennybee!!

Sounds like a great workout! I love those days when you push yourself. Flex I'm going to Krav Maga in a few and am hoping to get my sweat on as well Thumbsup

I've looked into this from you talking about it here, and it looks SO good, and rewarding!! Can't wait to hear what you did. Smile

Okay, so this off topic, but this is the most adorable emoji I've seen lately:

Frusty

He's just tapping his head on the wall. Big Grin Okay, maybe I'm tired.
17-07-2017, 07:09 PM
(17-07-2017 06:57 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(17-07-2017 06:52 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Sounds like a great workout! I love those days when you push yourself. Flex I'm going to Krav Maga in a few and am hoping to get my sweat on as well Thumbsup

I've looked into this from you talking about it here, and it looks SO good, and rewarding!! Can't wait to hear what you did. Smile

Okay, so this off topic, but this is the most adorable emoji I've seen lately:

Frusty

He's just tapping his head on the wall. Big Grin Okay, maybe I'm tired.

That is a cute emoji. This one's my favorite: Drinking Beverage because it reminds me of Starbucks Tongue

I'll report back after class and let you know what we did tonight. I have to say I feel a lot more confident in terms of protecting myself if I had to after taking KM. If you do decide to take a class, for me it was all about the instructor. I wanted one who would push me and not "treat me like a girl." I had a karate teacher back in the day who did that and it was just not helpful. The place I go also offers self-defense courses specifically for women, which I think is a nice addition to the other things I'm learning.