Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
18-07-2017, 08:59 AM
RE: Atheists who work out
(18-07-2017 08:49 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(17-07-2017 11:00 PM)yakherder Wrote:  It's a pretty relaxing ride. Mostly along the Ottawa River, so hills aren't too bad. I'd rather give my ass a break than do it on the day after a 5 hour ride, though. Maybe twice per on non consecutive days.

It takes you five hours to bike to work? Gasp

Nah, one or two hours depending on whether I feel like hauling ass the whole way Tongue But the morning before that, I'd biked all the way to work from the campsite where my car broke down. That was about 5 hours.

A couple hours a few times a week, no big deal. But 5 hours one day and then a couple hours the next day... Now my ass is a bit sore lol.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-07-2017, 11:16 AM
I'm having those feelings again from the other day Sad

It's interesting how on AF, I feel the polar opposite.
18-07-2017, 11:32 AM
(18-07-2017 11:16 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I'm having those feelings again from the other day Sad

I'd never visited before. Keeping track of one forum is time consuming enough Tongue

At a glance, it seems like pretty much the same types of threads and (many of) the same people posting in those threads. Except I'm not there, so this forum wins by default Banana_zorro

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
18-07-2017, 11:36 AM (This post was last modified: 18-07-2017 11:47 AM by jennybee.)
(18-07-2017 11:16 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I'm having those feelings again from the other day Sad

hmmm I'm not sure what's going on with all of that? Was it a thread in particular or someone's post that made you feel that way?

I know for me awhile back when I wanted to leave--when the whole vegan thing happened--(I felt) there were a few not so nice comments made about vegans in a vegan thread. But what got me completely Angry was when a member (who I have never talked to before on here) started following me around from random thread to random thread, telling me how unhealthy I was and how I was going to make any babies I ever ended up having sick if I continued following my vegan lifestyle. Um yeah, I was pretty much ready to leave then because Zen Jenny was headed down the path of becoming Boston Irish Jenny (and I prefer to live in my zen-ness and not lose my tempah) Tongue So I thought it best to just move on to another forum. I prefer to be in control of my emotions and not the other way around, and sometimes that includes knowing when to leave a situation. What made me stay was the awesome people on here who far outweigh the dickheads Tongue

Anyway, I know how it can get on here sometimes based on personal experience. So if someone is not making you feel welcome or hurting your feelings on here, I'm sorry *hugs* Anyway, if you need to talk, my offer still stands to pm me and feel free to vent away Heart And of course, I hope you stay Yes
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
18-07-2017, 12:05 PM
(18-07-2017 11:36 AM)jennybee Wrote:  

hmmm I'm not sure what's going on with all of that? Was it a thread in particular or someone's post that made you feel that way?

I know for me awhile back when I wanted to leave--when the whole vegan thing happened--(I felt) there were a few not so nice comments made about vegans in a vegan thread. But what got me completely Angry was when a member (who I have never talked to before on here) started following me around from random thread to random thread, telling me how unhealthy I was and how I was going to make any babies I ever ended up having sick if I continued following my vegan lifestyle. Um yeah, I was pretty much ready to leave then because Zen Jenny was headed down the path of becoming Boston Irish Jenny (and I prefer to live in my zen-ness and not lose my tempah) Tongue So I thought it best to just move on to another forum. I prefer to be in control of my emotions and not the other way around, and sometimes that includes knowing when to leave a situation. What made me stay was the awesome people on here who far outweigh the dickheads Tongue

Anyway, I know how it can get on here sometimes based on personal experience. So if someone is not making you feel welcome or hurting your feelings on here, I'm sorry *hugs* Anyway, if you need to talk, my offer still stands to pm me and feel free to vent away Heart And of course, I hope you stay Yes

I remember that although I didn't read the thread where you were discussing veganism. Thanks for your thoughts.

I'll give it some thought. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
19-07-2017, 03:21 PM
(18-07-2017 12:05 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(18-07-2017 11:36 AM)jennybee Wrote:  hmmm I'm not sure what's going on with all of that? Was it a thread in particular or someone's post that made you feel that way?

I remember that although I didn't read the thread where you were discussing veganism. Thanks for your thoughts.

Just checking in to see how you're doin' today Hug Smile
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
19-07-2017, 03:45 PM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2017 04:22 PM by jennybee.)
So true Tongue

[Image: be0d5e8660f3fca38b5a4fec55da3d6b--funny-...-memes.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
19-07-2017, 03:51 PM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2017 04:23 PM by jennybee.)
For Dancefortwo: There's a stretch workout specifically for dancers called Lastics. Have you ever heard of it? They have Advanced and Regular Lastics.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
19-07-2017, 03:54 PM
Doing some meditation today...

Here's me...

[Image: 33b32c0.jpg]

And here's my cat... Big Grin Yes, he's on a meditation bolster and he stays like that for the entire time I'm meditating. Laugh out load Also that's a yoga chair in the background if anyone is interested in what one looks like. Basically a regular chair with no back, so you can easily place your legs through and do tricks on it. Tongue

[Image: 2u728tu.jpg]
[+] 5 users Like jennybee's post
19-07-2017, 05:38 PM
(19-07-2017 03:21 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(18-07-2017 12:05 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I remember that although I didn't read the thread where you were discussing veganism. Thanks for your thoughts.

Just checking in to see how you're doin' today Hug Smile

Thank you Hug

Well, I've figured out what the issue REALLY is. It's not this site, lol Forgive me for that end of it. I think if I'm honest, I'm finally accepting that atheism is logically the right conclusion for me, and has been for a few years. Since I claimed it the first time, but emotionally, accepting that, is not an easy thing, when most of your life, you've clung to a certain mindset about how to handle grief, or sadness or everyday stress. When one is a believer, one feels unworthy to handle things alone, feels incapable of it, or rather...you're taught to feel that way. You're literally taught to feel incapable of handling anything on your own. It's thought to be virtuous. Rolleyes So, today was hard, because I was thinking about my grandmother, and some stuff from my childhood, and I cried about it all. I don't like crying lol so it was at first unpleasant, but then...I felt cleansed. Like renewed. And I did that, myself. So, I can do this, but letting go of my faith life and all of its customs etc, is only hard emotionally. I know that my beliefs were built on wishful thinking and hope, and maybe there's nothing wrong with that entirely, but it doesn't help face reality. So, that's my long way of saying...I'll be okay, and I'm grateful that I can turn to you guys. My husband is not a theist, he is more agnostic, I'd say, and he's always been that way, and tries to comfort me but doesn't fully get that it can be a struggle to let go of the security of faith, even if you know it's a lie. Confused

As far as workouts go, I ran 6 miles today, sprints towards the end. Then, did some ab crunches, push ups, planks, and burpees. By some I mean 4 sets of 25. Hobo
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post