Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
19-07-2017, 05:40 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
Oh and I love your pics, jenny!! Big Grin You remind me of a good friend who moved away a few years ago, she looked so much like you. And had a sweet soul like you, too. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
19-07-2017, 07:43 PM
(19-07-2017 03:51 PM)jennybee Wrote:  For Dancefortwo: There's a stretch workout specifically for dancers called Lastics. Have you ever heard of it? They have Advanced and Regular Lastics.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Oh look, rubber people!
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
19-07-2017, 07:48 PM
did presses and core as planned yesterday, and a short light walk on the treadmill. I am slow walking my weights up on the presses, doing about 50~70 reps total. I'll do 30 and go do some core, 30 of a different kind, more core, back and do 40 more here and there, always increasing my weights till I can't get 10. I'm using the machines for now. Not quuite strong enough to use my body but getting closer.
Today is a semi-off day with light treadmill and my PiYo DVD.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
19-07-2017, 08:07 PM
(19-07-2017 05:38 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(19-07-2017 03:21 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Just checking in to see how you're doin' today Hug Smile

Thank you Hug

Well, I've figured out what the issue REALLY is. It's not this site, lol Forgive me for that end of it. I think if I'm honest, I'm finally accepting that atheism is logically the right conclusion for me, and has been for a few years. Since I claimed it the first time, but emotionally, accepting that, is not an easy thing, when most of your life, you've clung to a certain mindset about how to handle grief, or sadness or everyday stress. When one is a believer, one feels unworthy to handle things alone, feels incapable of it, or rather...you're taught to feel that way. You're literally taught to feel incapable of handling anything on your own. It's thought to be virtuous. Rolleyes So, today was hard, because I was thinking about my grandmother, and some stuff from my childhood, and I cried about it all. I don't like crying lol so it was at first unpleasant, but then...I felt cleansed. Like renewed. And I did that, myself. So, I can do this, but letting go of my faith life and all of its customs etc, is only hard emotionally. I know that my beliefs were built on wishful thinking and hope, and maybe there's nothing wrong with that entirely, but it doesn't help face reality. So, that's my long way of saying...I'll be okay, and I'm grateful that I can turn to you guys. My husband is not a theist, he is more agnostic, I'd say, and he's always been that way, and tries to comfort me but doesn't fully get that it can be a struggle to let go of the security of faith, even if you know it's a lie. Confused

As far as workouts go, I ran 6 miles today, sprints towards the end. Then, did some ab crunches, push ups, planks, and burpees. By some I mean 4 sets of 25. Hobo

I know how hard that can be leaving religion behind when you were raised to believe. I went through similar things myself. I hope the journey to letting all that go becomes easier for you with each passing day. And I'm sorry you're missing your grandma. *hugs*
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
19-07-2017, 08:09 PM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2017 08:16 PM by jennybee.)
(19-07-2017 05:40 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Oh and I love your pics, jenny!! Big Grin You remind me of a good friend who moved away a few years ago, she looked so much like you. And had a sweet soul like you, too. Heart

Aw thank you Smile and I'm glad you liked my (and my cat's) meditation selfies Big Grin
19-07-2017, 09:39 PM
(19-07-2017 08:09 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(19-07-2017 05:40 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Oh and I love your pics, jenny!! Big Grin You remind me of a good friend who moved away a few years ago, she looked so much like you. And had a sweet soul like you, too. Heart

Aw thank you Smile and I'm glad you liked my (and my cat's) meditation selfies Big Grin

Your cat looked extremely centered. Big Grin

Soooo, I posted a clip of me talking in the accent tag thread. I made it for AF, but thought I'd share it here. Unsure

Good night, sleep well. Heart
19-07-2017, 09:46 PM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2017 09:55 PM by jennybee.)
(19-07-2017 09:39 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(19-07-2017 08:09 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Aw thank you Smile and I'm glad you liked my (and my cat's) meditation selfies Big Grin

Your cat looked extremely centered. Big Grin

Soooo, I posted a clip of me talking in the accent tag thread. I made it for AF, but thought I'd share it here. Unsure

Good night, sleep well. Heart

I'll have to check out your accent tag Thumbsup I've got one in there too. Adrianime (a member who used to be on here) said I sounded like a gangsta Cali girl (probably because of my Boston accent which has since merged with California) Laugh out load

And yes my cat is one zen kitty Big Grin He didn't do it in the selfie I posted in here, but sometimes he also sits upright on the bolster, like a person Hobo Laugh out load
20-07-2017, 05:53 AM
Thank you for checking out my clip lol!!
Where is yours in that thread? I wanna hearrrr Smile
20-07-2017, 06:02 AM
Heat your house with wood, grow your own food and get some animals.
I guarantee you no workout needed!!

Big Grin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Ron NL-S's post
20-07-2017, 06:37 AM
(20-07-2017 06:02 AM)Ron NL-S Wrote:  Heat your house with wood, grow your own food and get some animals.
I guarantee you no workout needed!!

Big Grin

That would be an amazing life for sure. Cool