Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
22-10-2014, 10:14 AM
RE: Atheists who work out
I've found that pot brownies help to motivate... Eat one of those and "I'll workout later" turns into "I need to workout NOW, because in an hour I won't be able to."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
22-10-2014, 11:01 AM (This post was last modified: 22-10-2014 04:12 PM by yakherder.)
I have a power tower (dip station, pull up bars, push up bars for full range of motion) right next to my bed, a 65 lbs weight vest, and a jump rope right next to my bed for most of my planned workouts. I have a couple resistance bands and some portable gymnastics rings I can fasten to anything from a garage rafter to a tree branch inside the pack I carry with me incase I need to formulate a workout away from home.

Not a big fan of gyms, personal preference. I hit the trails nearby whenever I get a chance.

So... Mostly weighted calisthenics based resistance training, outdoor sprints or even snow shoeing if there's too much snow to run. Swimming if I happen to have time off when a nearby pool is open.

'Murican Canadian
22-10-2014, 11:09 AM
My husband shuffled the un-opened boxes around in the master bedroom yesterday and got the rowing machine set up. I guess I should figure out when to fit that into my schedule. Consider

Of course, at this point it would probably only be a minute or two till I fall off it from passing out. Blush

I think last fall? spring? adrian started a thread like this, I remember doing a plank challenge, and that was it.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
22-10-2014, 12:32 PM
I take around 4 yoga classes a week and about 4 hours of ballet classes. Being the asshole dance snob that I am it was hard to join a gym, but I finally did. I'm so glad I did. I paid three years in advance so it got the monthly fee down to like $13 a month.

I work out of my home and the gym gets me around people, just for that it's worth going.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
22-10-2014, 02:15 PM
I workout six days a week, interval training and muscle building.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
22-10-2014, 03:42 PM
(22-10-2014 11:09 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  My husband shuffled the un-opened boxes around in the master bedroom yesterday and got the rowing machine set up. I guess I should figure out when to fit that into my schedule. Consider

Of course, at this point it would probably only be a minute or two till I fall off it from passing out. Blush

I think last fall? spring? adrian started a thread like this, I remember doing a plank challenge, and that was it.
Just take it easy, build up gradually, and you'll be fine. The hardest part of all is getting on it the first time. The second hardest part is getting on it the second time. If you can get past those, you're well on your way. Yes

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
22-10-2014, 04:20 PM (This post was last modified: 22-10-2014 04:23 PM by Adrianime.)
Ever since getting back with my GF 8 months ago, I've been doing a poor job of working out.

First it was: "Sweet let's get back to working out together."
Result: She kept making excuses not to go, then eventually dropped her membership because of lack of funds.

Then I got heavy into house hunting and then buying my house. That along with working full time and spending some quality time with friends/girlfriend made me sacrifice gym time.

Then I bought my house, moved, and started working out finally....only to realize that my joints can no longer take the workouts that I did last year. I get extreme knee pain and shoulder pain days after lifting. It lasted for a few weeks. Was about to get back into it then my friend appeared unexpected in town and ended up staying with me for a month (he was always "about to leave" but kept asking for extensions).

So recently, I've just been walking a mile or two every day during my lunch break at work.

My major prob, like everybody else, is time commitment. I generally take 60-90 mins (including 10 mins to and from gym) for a workout + shower. I usually leave for work in the morning about 30 minutes after I get out of bed. I have 2-3 hours of commute each day and I get home around 7 P.M.. My gf and I will usually cook/eat something taking 30-90 mins, but she goes to bed at like 9:30. so if I go to the gym, that basically means we don't spend any time together that day. And going to the gym after she sleeps is out of the question.

So basically I'm effing up and need to get my stuff together.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
22-10-2014, 05:56 PM
(22-10-2014 04:20 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Ever since getting back with my GF 8 months ago, I've been doing a poor job of working out.

First it was: "Sweet let's get back to working out together."
Result: She kept making excuses not to go, then eventually dropped her membership because of lack of funds.

Then I got heavy into house hunting and then buying my house. That along with working full time and spending some quality time with friends/girlfriend made me sacrifice gym time.

Then I bought my house, moved, and started working out finally....only to realize that my joints can no longer take the workouts that I did last year. I get extreme knee pain and shoulder pain days after lifting. It lasted for a few weeks. Was about to get back into it then my friend appeared unexpected in town and ended up staying with me for a month (he was always "about to leave" but kept asking for extensions).

So recently, I've just been walking a mile or two every day during my lunch break at work.

My major prob, like everybody else, is time commitment. I generally take 60-90 mins (including 10 mins to and from gym) for a workout + shower. I usually leave for work in the morning about 30 minutes after I get out of bed. I have 2-3 hours of commute each day and I get home around 7 P.M.. My gf and I will usually cook/eat something taking 30-90 mins, but she goes to bed at like 9:30. so if I go to the gym, that basically means we don't spend any time together that day. And going to the gym after she sleeps is out of the question.

So basically I'm effing up and need to get my stuff together.

what about a home gym?

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
22-10-2014, 06:12 PM
Working Out Hoedown from Whose Line is it Anyway? Smile

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
22-10-2014, 06:56 PM
(22-10-2014 05:56 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  what about a home gym?
Yeah, I'm actually thinking of just getting my freeweights back from my little bro, and using those, plus DDR for cardio.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.