Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
31-07-2017, 12:16 AM
RE: Atheists who work out
I don't do any weights. I tried a while back. Just couldn't get into it. Only reason I run is 'cos it's addictive. This "exercising for my health" thing - never got the hang of that. Of course it means I have massive legs and a stick-like upper body Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
31-07-2017, 08:04 AM
I found this article relevant. Yeah, it's a little heavy on the supplement ads. And yes, not everything discussed should be viewed as fact. Leptin research is still in its infancy, which the article acknowledges. It's nonetheless fairly well researched and goes into some detail as to why weight management is a bit more complex than calories in / calories out, and how insulin production and resistance is directly related to leptin production and resistance.

Control Leptin and Control Your Leanness!

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
31-07-2017, 03:11 PM
I like supp ads Big Grin

That's good information, there is a lot that goes into fat loss, and sustaining it.

Be true to yourself. Heart
01-08-2017, 04:20 PM
A random off topic comment - It's weird how websites change, I remember it used to be busier on the forums here. I guess you go on a hiatus, come back, and things change. Drinking Beverage

So, what are you all working on today? I'm going to a spin class, and then some light lifting after.

[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
01-08-2017, 04:40 PM
Full body calisthenics based workout with a weighted vest followed by HIIT bicycle sprints (or whatever the word is for cycling with maximal effort as opposed to maintaining a pace) on our "backyard" trails.

I had the day off, so fresh air instead of the gym at work for a change.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
01-08-2017, 07:08 PM
(01-08-2017 04:40 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Full body calisthenics based workout with a weighted vest followed by HIIT bicycle sprints (or whatever the word is for cycling with maximal effort as opposed to maintaining a pace) on our "backyard" trails.

I had the day off, so fresh air instead of the gym at work for a change.

That sounds like quite a workout!! Awesome!

I went to a 40 minute spin class, did lots of ''hill climbing'' and then after, did 5 sets of 12 to failure reps of lunges, push ups, flutter kicks (yuckkkk), planks and bicep curls.

[Image: 3f3ed15becb3d79f8cb5c15c2faa3f62.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
13-08-2017, 02:51 PM
I pulled my left hamstring, waaaa...It's painful. Gasp

I've been running though despite it, and it's probably not the smartest idea I've ever had.

Hope everyone's doing well. Heart

13-08-2017, 03:21 PM
I've had flu again Sad I hate flu. Flu can go fuck itself.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
13-08-2017, 04:04 PM
(13-08-2017 02:51 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I pulled my left hamstring, waaaa...It's painful. Gasp

I've been running though despite it, and it's probably not the smartest idea I've ever had.

Ouch don't do that. I pulled mine and left it be for about 10 days. It is difficult but it worked for me.
I had a monster week going at the gym. Pushes Monday, then I went a little off the deep end doing pulls Tuesday. I kept increasing and bouncing between different machines and back, finally doing some fixed pulls @220 and high rows @100 each arm.
Guess what? Wednesday's pushes were not so goot. Facepalm
I was weaker than Monday. I think those last pulls were a bad idea.
I took the next three days "off" from lifting and did shallow water aerobics Thursday and Saturday, and deep water on Friday night.
Today I am getting psyched up for my first hot hatha yoga session. If you don't hear from me you know I melted.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
13-08-2017, 06:51 PM
(13-08-2017 03:21 PM)morondog Wrote:  I've had flu again Sad I hate flu. Flu can go fuck itself.
The fluuuu, ugh. Sorry to hear. That always seems to last forever, too. Are you feeling any better now? Hug Heart

(13-08-2017 04:04 PM)skyking Wrote:  
(13-08-2017 02:51 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I pulled my left hamstring, waaaa...It's painful. Gasp

Ouch don't do that. I pulled mine and left it be for about 10 days. It is difficult but it worked for me.
I had a monster week going at the gym. Pushes Monday, then I went a little off the deep end doing pulls Tuesday. I kept increasing and bouncing between different machines and back, finally doing some fixed pulls @220 and high rows @100 each arm.
Guess what? Wednesday's pushes were not so goot. Facepalm
I was weaker than Monday. I think those last pulls were a bad idea.
I took the next three days "off" from lifting and did shallow water aerobics Thursday and Saturday, and deep water on Friday night.
Today I am getting psyched up for my first hot hatha yoga session. If you don't hear from me you know I melted.

Hey nice variety this week!! Update us on the yoga session. It sounds intense! Shocking