Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
13-08-2017, 08:03 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
(13-08-2017 03:21 PM)morondog Wrote:  I've had flu again Sad I hate flu. Flu can go fuck itself.

Feel better, MD *hugs*
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
13-08-2017, 08:05 PM
(13-08-2017 02:51 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I pulled my left hamstring, waaaa...It's painful. Gasp

I've been running though despite it, and it's probably not the smartest idea I've ever had.

Hope everyone's doing well. Heart

I've done that before from a treadmill hiit workout. That is painful for sure. *hugs*
13-08-2017, 08:16 PM
Did some Ashtanga today. Worked on some arm balances and played a bit with the wall in my house to further work my arms with L-Pose. Did standing splits at the wall as well. The wall is great for that sort of thing. Here's an example of some lady doing a standing split outside using the side of a building.

[Image: 1b3f27d32e82cfe9f033536ec1b9e2c2.jpg]

Here's an example of L-Pose at the wall

[Image: l-pose-at-the-wall.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
13-08-2017, 08:43 PM
OK, back from hot yoga undamaged Smile
It was my first yoga class ever, besides muddling through with the PiYo DVD. I was not aware of just how calming it could be, what a great feeling. It was Hatha, and I was able to get into about 15% of the positions with reasonable accuracy. I was told it gets better and I expect so.
After class I talked with the instructor a while, and then walked over to my gym and did a light set of pulls. I figured it would be OK after getting limbered up. I can tell this injury is going to be a while in fully healing, but it is OK.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
13-08-2017, 08:44 PM
(13-08-2017 08:43 PM)skyking Wrote:  OK, back from hot yoga undamaged Smile
It was my first yoga class ever, besides muddling through with the PiYo DVD. I was not aware of just how calming it could be, what a great feeling. It was Hatha, and I was able to get into about 15% of the positins with reasonable accuracy. I was told it gets better and I expect so.
After class I talked with the instructor a while, and then walked over to my gym and did a light set of pulls. I figured it would be OK after getting limbered up. I can tell this injury is going to be a while in fully healing, but it is OK.

Oh good I'm glad you enjoyed it Smile Hatha is primarily what I teach Thumbsup
13-08-2017, 08:46 PM
I'm one of those "unbending ones" you get in class Blush
13-08-2017, 08:49 PM
(13-08-2017 08:46 PM)skyking Wrote:  I'm one of those "unbending ones" you get in class Blush

That's okay, flexibility improves over time. Lots of adjustments you can do anyway with props and modified poses. So really you don't need to be pretzel-worthy to do yoga Smile
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
13-08-2017, 09:19 PM
[Image: 1f57a0abaf6f4f1439cddf04578887bd.jpg]

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 4 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
14-08-2017, 10:30 AM
I had a Hiking and Backpacking Thread on here, I have no idea where it is now Hobo Anyway, I thought this article was cool, so thought I'd share it here. Smile

An Ode to Every Woman Who’s Ever Been Called Outdoorsy

Words & Photos by Madison Perrins

You, a natural resource.

You who feels like the best version of herself at sunset when the air is crackling and the dirt’s between your toes.

You who as the sun’s rising, promises to be quiet and let the dawn share its secret with the day on its own.

You who, at high noon, have almost-but-not-quite dared the sun to burn your skin, imagining the cracked patina leather it would someday become: signs of a life outside. But you know better than to dare the sun anything.

You who have pulled on crusty socks unceremoniously and brushed off those who notice.

You, who know that all the bruises and scrapes from scrambling and rambling are the best because they remind you of being alive. Someone may even point it out: “How’d ya do that?” And you shrug your shoulders, because you honestly don’t know.

You who have shed tears on the trail without really knowing why.

You who look at the mountains and think they must know everything about you, and you who look at the sea and are sure that it doesn’t care about you at all.

You who have surprised yourself by falling behind the group, and you who have surprised yourself by charging ahead. The trail is the same, but each time, you’re the one who’s different.

*From she-explores.com
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post
14-08-2017, 09:40 PM
Today was different. I have heard this a couple of times now in yoga class, and also "listen to your body".
I got 3/4ths through and had to go to the mat after ustrasan, the yogi was saying the dizziness would pass and the dizziness had other ideas. I did not tap out and leave, I just worked on breathing and missed rabbit and something else. I figured it was far better than puking LOL!
Going again tomorrow, another double session of gym work followed by hot yoga. I will start the day with cardio on the treadmill, so I guess that's three things.