Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
14-08-2017, 09:52 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
(13-08-2017 09:19 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  [Image: 1f57a0abaf6f4f1439cddf04578887bd.jpg]

Laugh out load

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-08-2017, 10:03 PM
(14-08-2017 09:40 PM)skyking Wrote:  Today was different. I have heard this a couple of times now in yoga class, and also "listen to your body".
I got 3/4ths through and had to go to the mat after ustrasan, the yogi was saying the dizziness would pass and the dizziness had other ideas. I did not tap out and leave, I just worked on breathing and missed rabbit and something else. I figured it was far better than puking LOL!
Going again tomorrow, another double session of gym work followed by hot yoga. I will start the day with cardio on the treadmill, so I guess that's three things.

It could be that you are coming up too fast out of backbends. If feeling dizzy when doing this, it's good to go into Child's Pose.
14-08-2017, 10:15 PM
remember I am the unbending one. I am still struggling to get into anything. I just got over my head Tongue
14-08-2017, 10:46 PM (This post was last modified: 14-08-2017 10:50 PM by jennybee.)
(14-08-2017 10:15 PM)skyking Wrote:  remember I am the unbending one. I am still struggling to get into anything. I just got over my head Tongue

I hear ya. Did your teacher show you how to do some modifications for camel? The easiest and most beginner version would be to place your hands on the back of your pelvis with your fingers facing downward and lean back (your chin should be facing slightly down toward your chest).

Other good things to do would be to practice more beginner-style backbends like cobra, sphinx, bridge with a block. That will help set you up for more advanced backbends in the future and it will still allow you to get some back bending benefits in.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
14-08-2017, 11:19 PM
the position plus the heat just nuked me. Tomorrow I will be in a cooler part of the room, today I foolishly arrived later and had to go where it was hottest.
16-08-2017, 03:08 AM
Friend of mine who runs a muay Thai / BJJ school in Montana shared this. He's recently adopted a primarily yoga based routine as his primary form of physical training for his students, aside from the actual MT/ BJJ drills and sparring, of course.

[Image: kvqJf6H.jpg]

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
16-08-2017, 06:38 AM
(16-08-2017 03:08 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Friend of mine who runs a muay Thai / BJJ school in Montana shared this. He's recently adopted a primarily yoga based routine as his primary form of physical training for his students, aside from the actual MT/ BJJ drills and sparring, of course.

[Image: kvqJf6H.jpg]

How cool! I like it Thumbsup
16-08-2017, 07:58 AM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2017 08:04 AM by OakTree500.)
Man I need to crack on with some working out. I walk a lot each day (back and too to work) but that's it so far.

Quote:Son of an owl!
[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post
16-08-2017, 11:25 PM
3rd hot yoga, after pulls and crunches. my ass was laid out on the mat again, but I did not tap out. I think no more wieght training on yoga days, LOL!
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
19-08-2017, 10:06 AM
Hello all Smile

Going for a run soon, and then probably a light cross fit workout.

Happy Saturday! Heart

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post