Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
11-09-2017, 11:04 AM
RE: Atheists who work out
(11-09-2017 10:55 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(11-09-2017 10:49 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  I'm trying to cut most sugar's out, in particular things very high in sugars ("Ask not for whom the bell tolls pepsi, it tolls for thee Laugh out load ") , as not only does is effect my anxiety of course being super high in sugar (one can of pepsi is like 40% of your recommended intake of sugar!) it effects your weight as well. So cutting that out has helped me shed a few pounds as well as settle my mood a little bit.

I have a sugar in my tea, but I don't that's anywhere near as bad as drinking ALOT of pepsi every day lol. Did I mention I like pepsi? Laugh out load

I do have a diet plan ready to go, just waiting on the funds to implement it, which will be a few weeks time. I'm also gonna invest in a few bits of equipment (kettle bells, a battle rope, possibly weighted vest) to assist as well as getting some protein supplements in as well. Hoping to really kick ass on this front, so at least if I can't run up the stairs, I'll look great whilst I out of breath Big Grin Cardio is in my plan as well, along with my yoga stuff I normally do (DDP Yoga, highly recommend it for trimming up and just chilling out), plus I may have a "day" to meditate and do nothing else haha.

Yeah, I gave up my chocolate cupcakes and had my last "sweet" treats and dark choco bar last week. That was by far the hardest to say goodbye to. I held onto those as long as I could Laugh out load I ended up giving my cacao nibs to my bf because i found out they have as much caffeine as coffee! Gasp I also love tortilla chips and guac and salsa, but am going to try to make my own, baked in the oven and make salsa and guac w/o onion/garlic. It's really the avocado I love anyway Big Grin so it's all good. Thumbsup

You will pry my chocolate bar from my cold dead hands... Jesus Christ, that's a bridge too far. Gasp

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
11-09-2017, 11:31 AM
(11-09-2017 11:04 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(11-09-2017 10:55 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Yeah, I gave up my chocolate cupcakes and had my last "sweet" treats and dark choco bar last week. That was by far the hardest to say goodbye to. I held onto those as long as I could Laugh out load I ended up giving my cacao nibs to my bf because i found out they have as much caffeine as coffee! Gasp I also love tortilla chips and guac and salsa, but am going to try to make my own, baked in the oven and make salsa and guac w/o onion/garlic. It's really the avocado I love anyway Big Grin so it's all good. Thumbsup

You will pry my chocolate bar from my cold dead hands... Jesus Christ, that's a bridge too far. Gasp

I know but I honestly feel better when I eat healthier. Surprisingly, eating a raw walnut and then a bite of ripe banana and then repeat tastes like a sweet and so does a date with organic nut butter. And I make really good banana coconut oat muffins that are healthy and yum! And apple crisp can be made healthy too. Now a lot of companies are making ice cream sweetened with monk fruit as well. All yum Smile

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
11-09-2017, 11:41 AM
(11-09-2017 11:31 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(11-09-2017 11:04 AM)morondog Wrote:  You will pry my chocolate bar from my cold dead hands... Jesus Christ, that's a bridge too far. Gasp

I know but I honestly feel better when I eat healthier. Surprisingly, eating a raw walnut and then a bite of ripe banana and then repeat tastes like a sweet and so does a date with organic nut butter. And I make really good banana coconut oat muffins that are healthy and yum! And apple crisp can be made healthy too. Now a lot of companies are making ice cream sweetened with monk fruit as well. All yum Smile

Hissssss Hobo

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
11-09-2017, 12:18 PM
(11-09-2017 09:55 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(11-09-2017 08:32 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Cheers guys Smile I'll see where these things take me.

Part of me stopping were my Anxiety issues, which really hit me hard at that time. After getting back into a year ago, that went away entirely as I'm just as good as I was, despite weighing about 30lbs more than I did when I was 18 Laugh out load But It was hugely gratifying to know I can still do it, and that positive feeling never went away from that time.

I left it from there as the circumstances didn't really work out as well as I'd hoped and I had to walk away from that, but now My daughter is older, my wife is indifferent about the whole thing anyway ( Laugh out load ) so seems like a good time to maybe give it the final go.

Again thanks for giving me some advice on this, it helps me a lot Smile

When the anxiety gets to you--just remember it's natural and use it your advantage. Also, try some meditation and breathing techniques geared to anxiety. Yoga has a lot of pranayama exercises you can do that get you in control of your breath, which helps get you in better control of your anxiety.

A few good ones: Bhramari aka Bee breath (no pun intended) Tongue , Box Breathing (inhale 4, pause 4, exhale 4, pause 4), or 1:2 Breathing- just simply increasing your exhalation so it's longer than your inhalation (basically inhale for 4, exhale for 8 or whatever number works for you.) Practicing these just 15 minutes a day can really help. There are others too, you can find what works best for you, for instance I always find Chandra Bhedana pranayama always helps me.

*I would just add as I don't know if you have high blood pressure, but if you do skip the box breathing as breath retention is not recommended for someone with high blood pressure or eye/ear problems--or if you are pregnant (but I'm sure you don't need to worry about that Laugh out load ).

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
12-09-2017, 03:32 AM
Yeah generally I don't have any health problems, and I'm fairly certain I'm not pregnant. Wait....I'm not a sea-horse am I?

I have a few weeks until I can really give this 100% of time/money, but spending these next weeks detoxing a bit and getting all the garbage out of my system. Been on water for about 3 weeks solid as it is, plus been given the all clear to come off the meds I'm on as well, so hopefully I'll be good to go in a few weeks time Smile Then it's work out city limits for me Laugh out load

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
14-09-2017, 07:08 AM
I'm planning on going to the gym at lunch. I now work right next door to the gym, so I have very little excuse except for my own laziness.

I was doing really good with this about a year ago, then I got sloppy. I should probably set some target, like getting down to 165 pounds, or something. I used to post pics at AF, which worked sort of like motivation, but I haven't in a while.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
17-09-2017, 06:53 AM
This guy is no longer working out for a while. the job went to 5 12 hour days. I might do some power yoga in the evenings if I feel the need, but I average 15,000 steps and 30 flights of stairs on my fitbit daily on deck. I'm fairly gassed at the end of the day. I was adding 2.5 hours of commute to that. I'd get home at ~9 and in bed by 10, up at 4, repeat.
I found a spot to park my travel trailer about a mile from work, YAY!
I might get to hot yoga on the weekends, once again if I am feeling it.
I work on a floating crane, with a barge tied up to it, a tugboat, a workboat. Everything is up and down and over and climb and big steps and jump down. sometimes it is in harness and fall arrest gear with vertical ladders and steep stairways ~'50 above deck.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
17-09-2017, 01:51 PM
Heh, I may have almost ended up in a workout fail video. I went backpacking to a cave with my son on Friday, me carrying everything of course, and kind of underestimated the toll it took on my legs. Then on my Sunday night shift during my break I went to the gym and was doing what should have been a weight suitable for 5 rep back squats, but I got to 3 and couldn't get get back up to rack the weight, so I stood there for a minute trying to maintain my balance in the squatted position with a barbell on my back waiting for my legs to recover enough for one more rep.

I then remembered the security cameras and wondered who was posted in central control and whether or not it was someone who'd be watching the cameras and make fun of me later or someone who'd be busy playing on their phone or watching a movie. For once, I was hoping for the latter.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
17-09-2017, 02:11 PM
(17-09-2017 06:53 AM)skyking Wrote:  This guy is no longer working out for a while. the job went to 5 12 hour days. I might do some power yoga in the evenings if I feel the need, but I average 15,000 steps and 30 flights of stairs on my fitbit daily on deck. I'm fairly gassed at the end of the day. I was adding 2.5 hours of commute to that. I'd get home at ~9 and in bed by 10, up at 4, repeat.
I found a spot to park my travel trailer about a mile from work, YAY!
I might get to hot yoga on the weekends, once again if I am feeling it.
I work on a floating crane, with a barge tied up to it, a tugboat, a workboat. Everything is up and down and over and climb and big steps and jump down. sometimes it is in harness and fall arrest gear with vertical ladders and steep stairways ~'50 above deck.

Wow, that sounds like a workout in itself!

[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
17-09-2017, 02:13 PM
(17-09-2017 01:51 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Heh, I may have almost ended up in a workout fail video. I went backpacking to a cave with my son on Friday, me carrying everything of course, and kind of underestimated the toll it took on my legs. Then on my Sunday night shift during my break I went to the gym and was doing what should have been a weight suitable for 5 rep back squats, but I got to 3 and couldn't get get back up to rack the weight, so I stood there for a minute trying to maintain my balance in the squatted position with a barbell on my back waiting for my legs to recover enough for one more rep.

I then remembered the security cameras and wondered who was posted in central control and whether or not it was someone who'd be watching the cameras and make fun of me later or someone who'd be busy playing on their phone or watching a movie. For once, I was hoping for the latter.

Glad u r ok!