Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
18-09-2017, 08:44 AM
RE: Atheists who work out
Was at another wedding over the weekend, so MORE beer and ALOT of food going. As well as having a 3 course meal, a bloody fish+chip van turned up at 11pm . I had to have some of course, or else they'd kick me out of the UK for not being patriotic haha.

Due to all that, I'm carb'd up the gills and bloated as hell at the moment. That's knocked my detox back a week or so I expect Laugh out load

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
18-09-2017, 09:40 AM
Hi all,

I haven't posted in here in a while. I'm currently training for my next marathon which is in January. For some reason, I'm really struggling this time though. My energy level seems lower than usual and I'm always feeling over tired. I can't think of anything significant that has changed that would explain why my energy is down. I may have to visit the doctor. Meanwhile yesterday, my foot caught a stick that I never saw sticking out from the grass strip and down I went on the cement sidewalk. Although I scraped up one knee, fortunately it was the hand I landed on that got the worst of it - well besides my pride, that is. Blush The palm is all black and blue today, but at least that won't stop me from continuing to run. Smile

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
18-09-2017, 09:51 AM
(18-09-2017 09:40 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Hi all,

I haven't posted in here in a while. I'm currently training for my next marathon which is in January. For some reason, I'm really struggling this time though. My energy level seems lower than usual and I'm always feeling over tired. I can't think of anything significant that has changed that would explain why my energy is down. I may have to visit the doctor. Meanwhile yesterday, my foot caught a stick that I never saw sticking out from the grass strip and down I went on the cement sidewalk. Although I scraped up one knee, fortunately it was the hand I landed on that got the worst of it - well besides my pride, that is. Blush The palm is all black and blue today, but at least that won't stop me from continuing to run. Smile
For the first part, maybe you're sick/have something? I find when I'm a bit run down or generall ill, I have little/no energy at all.

And for the latter, ouch! Hope you're ok duder!

[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
18-09-2017, 11:33 AM
(18-09-2017 09:51 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  For the first part, maybe you're sick/have something? I find when I'm a bit run down or generall ill, I have little/no energy at all.
I guess anything is possible but I don't have any other symptoms.

(18-09-2017 09:51 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  And for the latter, ouch! Hope you're ok duder!
Thanks. I basically am. Just a few minor things that will heal in a few days.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
18-09-2017, 06:42 PM
(18-09-2017 11:33 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(18-09-2017 09:51 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  For the first part, maybe you're sick/have something? I find when I'm a bit run down or generall ill, I have little/no energy at all.

(18-09-2017 09:51 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  And for the latter, ouch! Hope you're ok duder!
Thanks. I basically am. Just a few minor things that will heal in a few days.

Glad u r ok and good luck with your marathon!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
19-09-2017, 02:38 AM
(18-09-2017 11:33 AM)Impulse Wrote:  

You never know. I remember one time going down the doctors as I just felt a bit "peaky" only to be told "Mr Oaktree, you are very sick, how are you walking in here?", got signed off for work for two weeks and given like the strongest antibiotics you can get. Sometimes you just power through and tire yourself out a bit haha.

19-09-2017, 10:30 AM
(18-09-2017 06:42 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Glad u r ok and good luck with your marathon!
Thanks.

(19-09-2017 02:38 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  You never know. I remember one time going down the doctors as I just felt a bit "peaky" only to be told "Mr Oaktree, you are very sick, how are you walking in here?", got signed off for work for two weeks and given like the strongest antibiotics you can get. Sometimes you just power through and tire yourself out a bit haha.
I'm due for a doctor's visit anyway. So I suppose I'll get checked out eventually. (If you can't tell, I hate going to the doctor. Tongue )

[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
20-09-2017, 06:51 AM
I have lost so much of my progress over the summer it is not even funny. I was running 3 miles at around 9min/mile when summer started. Between the rain, heat, vacation and various family stuff I did not get out as much as I like. I have not been on my bike in forever. I have a hard time even running a mile right now. Last night I struggled two half miles with a few block walk between them then walked my last 2 miles. At least I am out doing something.
20-09-2017, 07:17 AM
(20-09-2017 06:51 AM)wazzel Wrote:  At least I am out doing something.
Absolutely! It's hard starting over, but keep at it and you'll be back where you were in no time. Good job getting back out there! Thumbsup

20-09-2017, 07:43 AM
(20-09-2017 06:51 AM)wazzel Wrote:  I have lost so much of my progress over the summer it is not even funny. I was running 3 miles at around 9min/mile when summer started. Between the rain, heat, vacation and various family stuff I did not get out as much as I like. I have not been on my bike in forever. I have a hard time even running a mile right now. Last night I struggled two half miles with a few block walk between them then walked my last 2 miles. At least I am out doing something.

As Impulse said, it'll just take some time to build back up to that again. But you are back doing it, and that's great!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi