Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
31-03-2015, 11:01 AM
RE: Atheists who work out
Well, to be honest I wasn't doing a particular diet. Just eating healthy and doing push-ups. Tongue

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-03-2015, 11:16 AM
(31-03-2015 09:31 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(30-03-2015 07:57 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  This.
For them to be visible. People can work their abs all day long, if their diet is out of control, it won't matter.
To be fair, visible abs require a fairly restrictive diet or a ridiculous amount of exercise to burn excess energy. Probably 12 % BF or less depending on the person. Even a healthy and good diet could keep you above that amount.

Yup, I'm aware.

Be true to yourself. Heart
31-03-2015, 12:23 PM
(31-03-2015 11:01 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Well, to be honest I wasn't doing a particular diet. Just eating healthy and doing push-ups. Tongue
Diet = what you eat on a daily basis. You should never be "doing" a diet.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 2 users Like Adrianime's post
31-03-2015, 06:20 PM
(31-03-2015 12:23 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(31-03-2015 11:01 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Well, to be honest I wasn't doing a particular diet. Just eating healthy and doing push-ups. Tongue
Diet = what you eat on a daily basis. You should never be "doing" a diet.

Yes I know that. Maybe I expressed myself poorly, but I meant, I wasn't following a particular diet (e.g. no/low carbs, more proteins, etc), I was just eating whatever I usually eat.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
[+] 1 user Likes The Polyglot Atheist's post
31-03-2015, 08:27 PM
Grabbed a few of my thickest exercise science and kinesiology books and used them as a weight, instead of my medicine ball, for some Russian twists. Gotta keep that rational power up, and the medicine ball is a bit light. I knew those books would come in handy somehow.

'Murican Canadian
31-03-2015, 09:52 PM
(31-03-2015 06:20 PM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  
(31-03-2015 12:23 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Diet = what you eat on a daily basis. You should never be "doing" a diet.

Yes I know that. Maybe I expressed myself poorly, but I meant, I wasn't following a particular diet (e.g. no/low carbs, more proteins, etc), I was just eating whatever I usually eat.

Just today I was calculating how often I eat McDonald's, BK, etc... Found 5 empty bags in my car since cleaning it less than two weeks ago, and that's not including the two that managed to make it out if my car. So I guess I eat garbage every other day... Can't really see my abs right now, and I jiggle a bit after jumping.
01-04-2015, 02:42 AM
(31-03-2015 09:52 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(31-03-2015 06:20 PM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Yes I know that. Maybe I expressed myself poorly, but I meant, I wasn't following a particular diet (e.g. no/low carbs, more proteins, etc), I was just eating whatever I usually eat.

Just today I was calculating how often I eat McDonald's, BK, etc... Found 5 empty bags in my car since cleaning it less than two weeks ago, and that's not including the two that managed to make it out if my car. So I guess I eat garbage every other day... Can't really see my abs right now, and I jiggle a bit after jumping.

I ate at McDonald's only once, it was a slice of pizza and a coke. And only because the other shops and stores were closed.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
01-04-2015, 10:02 AM
McDonald's is horrible horrible food. Not even sure if it is food.

[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
01-04-2015, 02:32 PM
(30-03-2015 05:41 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(14-03-2015 06:58 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  I started going for walks again. I hope I'll keep it up, but I'm not too optimistic.

It's not so much about motivation, but rather the simple fact that I'm just too bored of the same places over and over again. I've walked around the whole neighborhood so many times, in a 20-minutes-away radius in all directions. I'm almost sick of this place, even though it is quite a beautiful neighborhood.

We replaced the batteries on the scales the other day and I weighed myself for the first time in months. I was shocked to see that I'm the heaviest I've ever been and this needs to change. I've found it easier to adjust my eating habits than to keep up with a walking schedule.

What can I do? Even listening to music doesn't help much.
Your regular diet is going to be the biggest contributor to your body size (assuming you aren't a crazy athlete). A small omission (one less coffee, no more pop/soda, only eat dessert once a week or less, don't eat bread/pasta every day) can make a huge difference over a relatively small amount of time. Exercise is always good in general for energy, fitness, and strength, but your regular diet is what your body is using to mostly determine how much fat it is storing.

I know my diet is important, but I can't sacrifice too much, so I have to make it up by adding some exercise.
I've made some small changes like eating less sugar and carbs and avoiding getting full by eating in smaller plates for the past 2-3 weeks and I've started losing weight already, but I feel progress will be very slow unless I do something everyday to burn some calories.

Besides, I'm really really weak and I want to feel stronger and healthier too. Sitting on my ass all day and reducing sugar and fats won't get me anywhere Tongue

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
01-04-2015, 02:48 PM
(01-04-2015 02:32 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(30-03-2015 05:41 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Your regular diet is going to be the biggest contributor to your body size (assuming you aren't a crazy athlete). A small omission (one less coffee, no more pop/soda, only eat dessert once a week or less, don't eat bread/pasta every day) can make a huge difference over a relatively small amount of time. Exercise is always good in general for energy, fitness, and strength, but your regular diet is what your body is using to mostly determine how much fat it is storing.

I know my diet is important, but I can't sacrifice too much, so I have to make it up by adding some exercise.
I've made some small changes like eating less sugar and carbs and avoiding getting full by eating in smaller plates for the past 2-3 weeks and I've started losing weight already, but I feel progress will be very slow unless I do something everyday to burn some calories.

Besides, I'm really really weak and I want to feel stronger and healthier too. Sitting on my ass all day and reducing sugar and fats won't get me anywhere Tongue

Eating a diet that is mainly lean protein based will get you stronger, and there are lots of strength training programs out there to build lean muscle. Smile

Nice to see you today!