Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
05-10-2017, 06:40 AM
RE: Atheists who work out
(04-10-2017 02:59 PM)Impulse Wrote:  If I could bear it. Tongue
OMG, I can't believe I actually just "said" that. Facepalm

Are you saying that you barely managed to post it?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
05-10-2017, 10:35 AM
(05-10-2017 06:40 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Are you saying that you barely managed to post it?
Perhaps, but probably more along the lines of grin and bear it. Tongue

ETA:
I decided to chance it last night and stuck with my usual running path. I just crossed the street at that same area although there are woods on the other side too and I couldn't be sure the bear didn't cross the road overnight. I didn't see the bear again though.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
05-10-2017, 10:58 AM
(05-10-2017 10:35 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Perhaps, but probably more along the lines of grin and bear it. Tongue

ETA:
I decided to chance it last night and stuck with my usual running path.

The advantage of running on the same route is that you're more likely to keep your bearings.
05-10-2017, 11:48 AM
(29-09-2017 02:44 PM)Impulse Wrote:  I have an app that keeps a running total of my mileage that I have been using since I got back into running in 2012. After my 6 mile run last night, I passed 5,000 miles! [Image: oumumt.jpg] [Image: rwovf7.jpg]

Time for an oil change. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
05-10-2017, 12:48 PM
(05-10-2017 10:58 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  The advantage of running on the same route is that you're more likely to keep your bearings.

Bear in mind, that's only true as long as I don't get eaten. Confused

(05-10-2017 11:48 AM)Chas Wrote:  Time for an oil change. Consider

I've been through about at dozen pairs of running shoes. Does that count? Smile

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
05-10-2017, 01:11 PM
Atheists who work out
Returning to work next week so I started running again. Today it was one hour on stepper.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
06-10-2017, 01:29 PM
Alright. I've been slacking on working out and have been pretty much actively overeating.

I think it's time to make some sort of pact with myself to get motivated to lose about 15 pounds and work out three times a week. A little over a year ago, I managed to lose ten pounds fairly easily in around two months, mostly by drastically cutting down on nighttime snacking. I've put about eight of those ten pounds back on in the last year.

There's no reason I shouldn't be able to repeat the process. Maybe I need to force myself to publicly post progress pictures to motivate/shame myself into taking this seriously again.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
06-10-2017, 03:31 PM
(06-10-2017 01:29 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Alright. I've been slacking on working out and have been pretty much actively overeating.

I think it's time to make some sort of pact with myself to get motivated to lose about 15 pounds and work out three times a week. A little over a year ago, I managed to lose ten pounds fairly easily in around two months, mostly by drastically cutting down on nighttime snacking. I've put about eight of those ten pounds back on in the last year.

There's no reason I shouldn't be able to repeat the process. Maybe I need to force myself to publicly post progress pictures to motivate/shame myself into taking this seriously again.

My advice, not that you asked for it or anything Laugh out load ...No publicly shaming yourself. No beating yourself up. I've seen your pics, you look great already. Just do it for your health if you want to. Find an activity you love to do. Only eat when you are hungry. Find things in your diet that you could tighten up on and make changes that you can live with. Still allow yourself treats on occasion. Also there's the Dare thread and I'm sure I could think of creative and embarrassing things that could help you burn some extra calories Laugh out load

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
06-10-2017, 04:31 PM
(06-10-2017 01:29 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Alright. I've been slacking on working out and have been pretty much actively overeating.

I think you've already taken a step just mentioning it here (because you know we're going to be expecting posts about your workouts and progress Tongue - not for shaming though, just for sharing). So kudos for that; it's usually the hardest part just to decide to commit. Just for the record though, I was comparing your before and after avatars it looks like you're already making good progress. Wink

[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
06-10-2017, 07:04 PM
Simply cutting back on evening snacking was my biggest gain (or loss) before. I just have to DO it.