[Image: 3HFNdUT.jpg]

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like yakherder's post
08-10-2017, 12:25 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
(08-10-2017 12:07 PM)yakherder Wrote:  [Image: 3HFNdUT.jpg]

I would agree. I think it's always good to check in with yourself as to why you are eating something--is it to curb anxiety or because you are hungry or simply craving a chocolate cupcake? And definitely exercise is the way to go if it's to curb anxiety.

...But on a side note to everyone, please still come on down and post in the Jenny and Lady Jane's new and improved Gorgefest Get Your Eats On Thread Big Grin Laugh out load

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
08-10-2017, 01:03 PM
Quite possibly my worst run ever today. It was extremely hot and humid and I went out for a nearly 2 hour run. I had to wipe sweat out of my eyes every 2 or 3 minutes. Although I brought my hydration bottles with me, by around mile 8 I had finished them and I also stopped sweating - not good. I was fighting nausea and had to run/walk home the rest of the way. Every time I tried to run after that, I was instantly out of breath and couldn't get very far. When I got home, it took almost an hour before I was able to calm my breathing down to normal. I drank 2 17 fl. oz. bottles of water and a 20 fl. oz. bottle of Gatorade before I started feeling a bit like myself again. I had muscles all over my body trying to cramp and the back of my thigh did fully cramp at one point. I never want to feel pain like that again! No Now I feel about the same as I do when I finish a marathon. It's going to take a few days to recuperate.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
08-10-2017, 01:11 PM
(08-10-2017 01:03 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Quite possibly my worst run ever today. It was extremely hot and humid and I went out for a nearly 2 hour run. I had to wipe sweat out of my eyes every 2 or 3 minutes. Although I brought my hydration bottles with me, by around mile 8 I had finished them and I also stopped sweating - not good. I was fighting nausea and had to run/walk home the rest of the way. Every time I tried to run after that, I was instantly out of breath and couldn't get very far. When I got home, it took almost an hour before I was able to calm my breathing down to normal. I drank 2 17 fl. oz. bottles of water and a 20 fl. oz. bottle of Gatorade before I started feeling a bit like myself again. I had muscles all over my body trying to cramp and the back of my thigh did fully cramp at one point. I never want to feel pain like that again! No Now I feel about the same as I do when I finish a marathon. It's going to take a few days to recuperate.

*hugs* The point is you still did it. That's something. Yes And you weren't eaten by a bear. Big Grin

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
08-10-2017, 03:00 PM
(08-10-2017 01:11 PM)jennybee Wrote:  *hugs* The point is you still did it. That's something. Yes And you weren't eaten by a bear. Big Grin
Thanks jennybee, I appreciate that. And yeah, I'll take dehydration over being bear dinner anytime! Laugh out load

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
11-10-2017, 04:20 AM
IT HAS BEGUN

Workout update: #1

First time in a long time I've done any sort of working out, and crikey it was hard lol. I'm heavier than I used to be that's for sure. I was up at 6am and straight onto the olde exercise bike, for 30 mins, followed by some simple body-weight exercises to get me going (Press ups, sit-ups and squats). I'll be honest and say I was shockingly bad at the exercises, IE I couldn't do anywhere near as many as I used to do, but it's a starting point. Followed it up with my breakfast, which is consisting of some sort of wheat based thing, supposedly high in protein as well....so that's a plus haha. Diet is slowly going to change, starting with much smaller portions and trying to avoid snacking. Water is on the menu drinks wise for the foreseable...but I don't mind that so much.

Weighed in this morning at 205lbs, which is slightly lighter that I've been recently, but still like 20-30 odd pounds over my desired weight for my frame. At 5' 11", I'm not exactly tall, so I just look "round" in certain places lol.

Will keep it going, starting with this regime 3 times a week, and slowly building up into some light weights/jogging/yoga and hopefully I'll be ready for who knows what come the new year Smile Not decided if I do want to fully commit to Pro Wrestling as of yet, but the door is open and I've seen opportunities for some martial arts stuff as well....so we'll see when we get there Smile

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like OakTree500's post
11-10-2017, 05:05 AM
(11-10-2017 04:20 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  IT HAS BEGUN

Workout update: #1

First time in a long time I've done any sort of working out, and crikey it was hard lol. I'm heavier than I used to be that's for sure. I was up at 6am and straight onto the olde exercise bike, for 30 mins, followed by some simple body-weight exercises to get me going (Press ups, sit-ups and squats). I'll be honest and say I was shockingly bad at the exercises, IE I couldn't do anywhere near as many as I used to do, but it's a starting point. Followed it up with my breakfast, which is consisting of some sort of wheat based thing, supposedly high in protein as well....so that's a plus haha. Diet is slowly going to change, starting with much smaller portions and trying to avoid snacking. Water is on the menu drinks wise for the foreseable...but I don't mind that so much.

Weighed in this morning at 205lbs, which is slightly lighter that I've been recently, but still like 20-30 odd pounds over my desired weight for my frame. At 5' 11", I'm not exactly tall, so I just look "round" in certain places lol.

Will keep it going, starting with this regime 3 times a week, and slowly building up into some light weights/jogging/yoga and hopefully I'll be ready for who knows what come the new year :) Not decided if I do want to fully commit to Pro Wrestling as of yet, but the door is open and I've seen opportunities for some martial arts stuff as well....so we'll see when we get there :)

Woohoo!!! Good for you! Great start. Plays Rocky music... :P

[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
11-10-2017, 09:27 AM
(11-10-2017 04:20 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  IT HAS BEGUN
Congratulations on taking the first, hardest step and starting! Great job! Thumbsup

(11-10-2017 04:20 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  I'll be honest and say I was shockingly bad at the exercises, IE I couldn't do anywhere near as many as I used to do, but it's a starting point.
If it's any consolation, I had been at a point where I had been able to run 17 miles back in college. Then shortly after, I got too busy and completely stopped running. Fast forward 27 years and I started running again. The first time I went out the door, I barely made it through a half mile. Smile You're right, it's a starting point and it won't take long to start improving.

[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
11-10-2017, 10:38 AM
Anybody have suggestions on how to baby an aching shoulder and still do some upper body strength training?
13-10-2017, 07:11 AM
Update: #2

Back at it this morning with some more time on the Exercise bike Smile Followed that up with 20 minutes of some basic stretches/easy yoga poses, to try and loosen up at bit. Not doing anything else now until Monday AM, so will rest on the weekend. I noticed the few press ups I really did from the last update, had done a number on my shoulders which now really hurt lol. The curse of being unfit and weighing alot more than you used to Laugh out load

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post