Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
17-11-2017, 08:38 AM
RE: Atheists who work out
So... I was almost hit by a car last night while out running... and technically, I was hit by a car last night. Blink I was crossing at an intersection. There was only one car in any direction and that car was coming toward me. If it went straight, it would not cross my path. If it turned, it would cross my path on the closest side of the road I was crossing. I had enough time to cross the whole road even if it turned so I went. But, what I didn't count on is the car turned and completely cut the corner! It turned onto the wrong side of the road! That meant it started to turn sooner, had less distance to travel, and so it was there much faster than I had anticipated. I was not quite at the curb on the other side when I saw the car coming right at me and speeding as well. There was no time to react and I was sure I was going to be hit. As the car went by, I felt it hit my foot which was in the air behind me. The car must have swerved or it would have been worse. However, I had no pain or injury so the car must have barely hit the bottom of my running shoe where there is thick padding. I was so pissed all I could do was turn and shout "Hey!" The car slowed a bit so I yelled "Fuck you asshole!" and gave the finger. It wasn't worth getting the license plate. I know the police can't do anything unless I was actually injured. It's just my word against the driver's.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-11-2017, 08:47 AM
(17-11-2017 08:38 AM)Impulse Wrote:  So... I was almost hit by a car last night while out running... and technically, I was hit by a car last night. Blink I was crossing at an intersection. There was only one car in any direction and that car was coming toward me. If it went straight, it would not cross my path. If it turned, it would cross my path on the closest side of the road I was crossing. I had enough time to cross the whole road even if it turned so I went. But, what I didn't count on is the car turned and completely cut the corner! It turned onto the wrong side of the road! That meant it started to turn sooner, had less distance to travel, and so it was there much faster than I had anticipated. I was not quite at the curb on the other side when I saw the car coming right at me and speeding as well. There was no time to react and I was sure I was going to be hit. As the car went by, I felt it hit my foot which was in the air behind me. The car must have swerved or it would have been worse. However, I had no pain or injury so the car must have barely hit the bottom of my running shoe where there is thick padding. I was so pissed all I could do was turn and shout "Hey!" The car slowed a bit so I yelled "Fuck you asshole!" and gave the finger. It wasn't worth getting the license plate. I know the police can't do anything unless I was actually injured. It's just my word against the driver's.

I'm glad you're not hurt, at least!
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
17-11-2017, 08:52 AM
(17-11-2017 08:38 AM)Impulse Wrote:  So... I was almost hit by a car last night while out running... and technically, I was hit by a car last night. Blink I was crossing at an intersection. There was only one car in any direction and that car was coming toward me. If it went straight, it would not cross my path. If it turned, it would cross my path on the closest side of the road I was crossing. I had enough time to cross the whole road even if it turned so I went. But, what I didn't count on is the car turned and completely cut the corner! It turned onto the wrong side of the road! That meant it started to turn sooner, had less distance to travel, and so it was there much faster than I had anticipated. I was not quite at the curb on the other side when I saw the car coming right at me and speeding as well. There was no time to react and I was sure I was going to be hit. As the car went by, I felt it hit my foot which was in the air behind me. The car must have swerved or it would have been worse. However, I had no pain or injury so the car must have barely hit the bottom of my running shoe where there is thick padding. I was so pissed all I could do was turn and shout "Hey!" The car slowed a bit so I yelled "Fuck you asshole!" and gave the finger. It wasn't worth getting the license plate. I know the police can't do anything unless I was actually injured. It's just my word against the driver's.

Glad u r ok!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
17-11-2017, 09:10 AM
I have yet to work out since my last post. My excuse is a lack of food for lunches at home, because I work out on my lunch hour. It's a very convenient, yet lame excuse. I need to do way better next week (on workouts, not excuses Tongue ).

I'm glad that didn't turn out much worse!
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
17-11-2017, 09:19 AM (This post was last modified: 17-11-2017 09:24 AM by 404ReligionNotFound.)
Damn hope you're okay
[+] 2 users Like 404ReligionNotFound's post
17-11-2017, 12:50 PM
Thanks everyone.

(17-11-2017 09:19 AM)404ReligionNotFound Wrote:  Damn hope you're okay
Yes, I'm fine thanks. Just a little paranoid about crossing streets now. After that, on my way home, there were a few instances of people yielding to me so I could cross another street, but I stopped each time and waived them to go. I wasn't taking any chances. Confused

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
20-11-2017, 08:50 AM
Holy shit impulse! Hope you're doing ok?

Side note: I got a tad drunk last night, after popping out to the pub with my dad, and feel like hammered shit today. I've been hungover before, and in all honestly had worse hangovers as well, but I'm just kinda tired of feeling like shit when I have a few. I don't drink very often, a few beers on the weekend + many beers when I'm out with my dad, but I've kinda had enough.

I'm very seriously considering giving up alcohol for a bit. Thinking it'll also help me with the whole "getting into shape" thing as well.

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post
20-11-2017, 03:25 PM
(20-11-2017 08:50 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Holy shit impulse! Hope you're doing ok?

Side note: I got a tad drunk last night, after popping out to the pub with my dad, and feel like hammered shit today. I've been hungover before, and in all honestly had worse hangovers as well, but I'm just kinda tired of feeling like shit when I have a few. I don't drink very often, a few beers on the weekend + many beers when I'm out with my dad, but I've kinda had enough.

I'm very seriously considering giving up alcohol for a bit. Thinking it'll also help me with the whole "getting into shape" thing as well.

I'm fine thanks. Smile

Regarding the alcohol, I rarely drink anymore and it's for exactly the same reason. I got tired of feeling like crap the next day. Then, when I started running marathons, I made my entire diet more healthy so now I'm even more disinterested in the alcohol.

[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
26-11-2017, 06:06 PM
I ran 15 1/2 miles today. Then I came home and took a nap for 2 hours. Tongue

[+] 3 users Like Impulse's post
28-11-2017, 09:52 AM
YO, anybody here good with decent diets/work out plans?

When I used to train properly, I went with a bit of guess work, having porridge/what based breakfasts, pasta for lunch, and then brown rice + steak (or meat substitute as it was higher in protein and lower in fat), whilst combining that with yoga + gym stuff, where I'd take a "lean" shake after working out. That sort of did me alright, way back when, as well as trying to do something basic every day (sit ups/squats/press ups) to keep going until I next hit the gym, which was at least every other day.

For those in the know, is that good? and if I was to get back into the routine I was in before, would that be alright or should I mix it up a bit? I'm a touch older now than I was when training at full pelt, plus I haven't done anything overly strenuous for a few years now haha. I'm planning on dropping the beer for a bit, replacing most if not all of my drinks with water, and using my old diet template to go forward on, and if anything I'm looking to shift a bit of weight, and build a bit of muscle, instead of being 200+ lbs of "dad-bod" which I am right now haha. I also need some sort of routine to build a better cardio. Currently I run up the stairs and get tired.

If anybody has insight, let me know Smile

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!