Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
02-04-2015, 08:03 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
(02-04-2015 07:46 PM)cactus Wrote:  I drove past the CrossFit gym today, and I saw a bunch of dudes walking out of there who were all wearing the same type of giant sleeve shirts (the kind with a slit all the way down the side), they all had the exact same trendy undercut hairstyle, and hipster glasses, and they were all walking with their elbows flared out unnaturally, as if they were pretending their muscles were too big to allow their arms to relax at their sides. Not gonna lie, I was a little creeped out. #MajorCultVibes

lol all kinds join Laugh out load

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2015, 09:59 PM
I've never heard anything good about CrossFit.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
02-04-2015, 10:09 PM
(02-04-2015 09:59 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  I've never heard anything good about CrossFit.

Then you must not have talked to anyone in Crossfit Tongue

[Image: fightclub.jpg]

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
02-04-2015, 10:49 PM
(02-04-2015 09:59 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  I've never heard anything good about CrossFit.

I like it a lot, but I had a strength base when I started. It sometimes gets a bad rap because people take on too much at once, without any strength training foundation. That isn't a smart thing to do, No because that' an injury waiting to happen, then.

Well, I hurt my wrist. Have been typing up lots of reports at work, I'm thinking the stiffness is due to that. So, might have to shift to strictly running/swimming until it heals. It hurts. Weeping

02-04-2015, 10:53 PM
Crossfit is ineffective and will injure you.

Inb4 crossfit cult members.

Seriously just stick to regular bodybuilding techniques.
02-04-2015, 10:57 PM
(02-04-2015 10:53 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  Crossfit is ineffective and will injure you.

Inb4 crossfit cult members.

Seriously just stick to regular bodybuilding techniques.

I don't disagree, but I haven't had any issues.

I meant to add above, relating to wrist stiffness, pain, etc...supposedly a raw pineapple will help it. Laugh out load I'll try anything if it takes the pain away. Ibuprofen hasn't helped it tonight.

03-04-2015, 12:14 AM
Now that I have signed up at a new gym I can manage 4 or more workout a week without too much cost.

RE nutrition>>>>Been largely ovo/lacto vego for a decade or so and had thoughts of going vegan. Ethical issues also health. After some consideration I am opting for 'flexitarianism'. I figure a wide variety approach, reduced meat, fish, dairy, could be better for the body and the animals.
I see the extremism of vegan eating as maybe counterproductive. After all animals suffer a good deal in their natural habitat and a saner approach to eating by more people seems more productive than becoming too food fanatical
03-04-2015, 10:10 AM
Power yoga y'all. I was sweating for REAL.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=16ctDZYHSUU

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 3 users Like Colourcraze's post
03-04-2015, 11:01 AM
Part of the problem with Crossfit, and the reason it has its above mentioned reputation, is the lack of consistent standards for instructor certification. As a result some happen to be true experts while others don't even understand the term "proper form," resulting in some great videos.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
03-04-2015, 11:28 AM
(03-04-2015 10:10 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  Power yoga y'all. I was sweating for REAL.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=16ctDZYHSUU

That's for real, yo. Serious workout.
Good for you!

Well, my left wrist is in a lot of pain and stiffness. Slightly better than yesterday, but will see how the day goes on. Going to get some pineapples later and see if it helps. Opening up a new gym by me which I'm excited about because I don't care for the gym I'm a member of right now. Have a good day, everyone. Heart