Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
04-02-2018, 11:43 AM
RE: Atheists who work out
Did a double today 20km before noon and 22.6km few minutes ago. Not wise perhaps but I felt like doing something tiring today, after day of indulgence.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Szuchow's post
04-02-2018, 01:56 PM
I ordered my new Organic Zafu and Zabuton Meditation Cushion set Smile I got purple like the one in this pic. Heart

[Image: 81Wyv4CJxIL._SY355_.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
04-02-2018, 02:10 PM
I did a little bit of running on the road yesterday, maybe a mile or so of intervals. My knee is barking at me a little bit today. Unfortunately it was mostly down hill by chance.
Logged more than 100k steps and 49 miles for the week.
[+] 4 users Like skyking's post
05-02-2018, 08:19 AM
(02-02-2018 02:08 PM)morondog Wrote:  Hope you're taking your measurements after a good shit. 0.2 pounds sounds pretty within range of a poo.

M-W-F, I take them within a 15-minute window, right after my workout and before lunch.
08-02-2018, 11:17 PM
Finally made it to the gym after more than a week away. Went for high reps -- a total of 80 on leg press with two 35-pound plates on the machine because I was too lazy to change it (2 x 25, 1 x 30).

My legs are *so* going to get me tomorrow...

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Astreja's post
09-02-2018, 07:24 AM
Last night my wife did swim aerobics, I did an hour of stuff in the gym. I really like the rowing machine, you can adapt what you are working just by changing up the technique.
[+] 5 users Like skyking's post
09-02-2018, 10:00 AM
Lift Weights, Eat Protein, Especially if you're Over 40

Quote:People who would like to become physically stronger should start with weight training and add protein to their diets, according to a comprehensive scientific review of research.

What would we do without such cutting edge reporting from the NY Times? ConsiderFacepalm

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 3 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
09-02-2018, 10:13 AM
(04-02-2018 11:43 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Did a double today 20km before noon and 22.6km few minutes ago. Not wise perhaps but I felt like doing something tiring today, after day of indulgence.

I wish I could run like that. Most I ever managed was 7 miles in about 90 minutes, over 20 years ago when I weighed a lot less.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
09-02-2018, 10:20 AM
(09-02-2018 10:13 AM)Astreja Wrote:  
(04-02-2018 11:43 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Did a double today 20km before noon and 22.6km few minutes ago. Not wise perhaps but I felt like doing something tiring today, after day of indulgence.

I wish I could run like that. Most I ever managed was 7 miles in about 90 minutes, over 20 years ago when I weighed a lot less.

Were I capable of running like that I would call myself Pheidippides Wink

I use training bike.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 4 users Like Szuchow's post
09-02-2018, 11:43 AM
The progress was a bit more saw-toothy the last week (which is normal, really), but I weighed in at 173.8 today. One pound more ,and I'll be the lightest I've been in over a decade.

What's nice is I'm down over 50% toward my goal in just under two months. I was hoping to lose 20 pounds in about six months. I don't know if I'll hit some plateau, or not, but it certainly seems attainable!
[+] 5 users Like RobbyPants's post