Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
03-04-2015, 06:01 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
Well the sit-ups were a replacement for Ativan. As soon as I started to wonder if I was becoming dependant, I knew I must already be. That was the last day I took Ativan.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2015, 06:07 PM
(03-04-2015 06:01 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Well the sit-ups were a replacement for Ativan. As soon as I started to wonder if I was becoming dependant, I knew I must already be. That was the last day I took Ativan.

Had a really bad experience with ativan and alcohol.
I see the secret with benzo, as taking them very moderately in moderate doses.
Reasonable gaps in between....may avoid that horrendous withdrawal cycle.
04-04-2015, 10:19 AM
I actually love the winter, but this indecisive weather is getting annoying. If I want to run a trail as opposed to going back and forth on a small stretch, I've got to put on and remove my traction attachments multiple times during the run since some spots have ground and others are still iced over.

'Murican Canadian
04-04-2015, 12:03 PM
I'm not feeling well, so...no workout for me. Sad

Be true to yourself. Heart
06-04-2015, 04:13 PM
No! I don't think it is smart trying to workout when feeling unwell.

I was thinking about some injury issues sustained over 50 years of training.
Two hernias, spur,bursar achilles injury, torn rotator cuff, and many strained calf muscles. No too bad really!
Oh yes forgot recent knee pain. Physio advised me to completely give up seated leg extensions, an exercise I really like. Still do a few......
Other exercises considered unwise include the pec deck (wreck deck) military press, and behind neck lat machine pulldowns.
In the old days personal trainers were unheard of. Today they provide a useful service, though it can become expensive. Average costs here in Melbourne range from round $35 for a half hour to $60 for the full hour.
Hope to keep it up for many years yet.
06-04-2015, 04:19 PM
(04-04-2015 12:03 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I'm not feeling well, so...no workout for me. Sad
The highest combo I ever got in DDR...3000 something, was when I was sick. Not that it was a good idea at all, I'm just saying.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
06-04-2015, 04:20 PM
(06-04-2015 04:19 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(04-04-2015 12:03 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I'm not feeling well, so...no workout for me. Sad
The highest combo I ever got in DDR...3000 something, was when I was sick. Not that it was a good idea at all, I'm just saying.

Or maybe that was a fever-induced delusion. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
06-04-2015, 05:36 PM
Now that the weather is nicer I'm back on my clunky old bike with the goofy basket. I've been biking to the store to pick up a few groceries now and again and, you know, try to look like the French woman do in movies, with the French bread sticking out the top of the basket at the most perfect angle and nicely placed vegetables in the basket, all askew.

This is my second week of biking to yoga and ballet classes too. I hope the weather holds out. I feel stronger all over.

Today though, I biked over to the store and got some 75% off chocolate easter eggs for my family. Unfortunately........I ate three of them.Blush

Shit!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
06-04-2015, 07:34 PM
My girlfriend's parents got me a big milk chocolate monkey for Easter, 350 grams. I ate the whole thing in like 4 minutes, my theory being that I'd rather just get the sugar/insulin rush over with and get back to my regular plan rather than risk breaking my good habits by spacing it out, thereby effectively having dessert every day for a week or two.

Even though I always specifically request no candy on holidays, nobody listens and, of course, I can't be rude Tongue

'Murican Canadian
06-04-2015, 07:55 PM
(06-04-2015 07:34 PM)yakherder Wrote:  My girlfriend's parents got me a big milk chocolate monkey for Easter, 350 grams. I ate the whole thing in like 4 minutes, my theory being that I'd rather just get the sugar/insulin rush over with and get back to my regular plan rather than risk breaking my good habits by spacing it out, thereby effectively having dessert every day for a week or two.

Even though I always specifically request no candy on holidays, nobody listens and, of course, I can't be rude Tongue

Haha. Jesus, that's my thinking too. I just wanna get it out of the way. Eat it fast. If it's sitting in the cupboard all day long I'm thinking about it all day long but if I gobble it all up quick I don't have to think about it anymore.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.