Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
06-03-2018, 02:46 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
I'm so out of touch with the gym, I call it James.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like jonqpublic's post
07-03-2018, 12:18 PM
22.75 km in 50 minutes on bike. Beat my best. By 150 m but it's still improvement.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
07-03-2018, 10:44 PM
Did a short yoga session tonight in the hopes that it'll help with the workout blues I normally get on Thursdays. Usually it is very difficult to get myself to work out on Thursdays because by then it's been two days since my last workout. (My workout schedule has been Monday, Thursday, and Saturday so far) We'll see how this works out.

[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post
08-03-2018, 12:10 PM
I'm beginning to appreciate the little things. There was a fatality accident jamming up the freeway, so I took the train. I had a nice little 3/4 mile run from the station to the job site to be on time.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
08-03-2018, 01:09 PM
Pull up bar was occupied so I (over)did my farmer carries first while waiting for it to vacate instead of as a finisher. By the time I got to my pull ups I couldn't do a single one because I had no grip left. My biggest fear was that I'd get home and my spouse would ask me to open a pickle jar or something.

Routine interrupted, OCD activated Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
08-03-2018, 01:13 PM
(08-03-2018 12:10 PM)skyking Wrote:  I'm beginning to appreciate the little things. There was a fatality accident jamming up the freeway, so I took the train. I had a nice little 3/4 mile run from the station to the job site to be on time.

Ugh sorry about the fatality Undecided

I agree about appreciating the little things. Heart
09-03-2018, 12:28 PM
My body seems to be going through a runaway weight loss episode at the moment.

I’m not on any particular exercise regimen, I haven’t changed my diet, and I’m not stressing myself out, but in the past week I’ve somehow lost over 6lbs without trying. Looking in the mirror I definitely seem to be more gangly than usual and all my clothes are feeling noteably looser. Blink

If this keeps trending the way it does, I shit you not, I may have to punch another hole in my belt. Just what the hell is going on? Huh
09-03-2018, 01:00 PM
(09-03-2018 12:28 PM)Kaneda Wrote:  My body seems to be going through a runaway weight loss episode at the moment.

I’m not on any particular exercise regimen, I haven’t changed my diet, and I’m not stressing myself out, but in the past week I’ve somehow lost over 6lbs without trying. Looking in the mirror I definitely seem to be more gangly than usual and all my clothes are feeling noteably looser. Blink

If this keeps trending the way it does, I shit you not, I may have to punch another hole in my belt. Just what the hell is going on? Huh

Even though you're not on an exercise regimen, did you do anything that involved more activity than usual (such as helping a friend move, etc.?) If so, that could explain extra lbs. lost. I always lose weight if I'm more active than usual. And "active" can mean anything since you are still burning calories even though you are not hitting the gym.

If nothing re: activity level has changed and you continue to lose weight, probably a good idea to check in with your doctor just to be sure all is well. *hugs*
09-03-2018, 01:25 PM
Down to 171.8! Even counting my two week plateau from earlier, I'm still well on pace to meet my goal of seven more pounds by mid June. Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
09-03-2018, 01:29 PM
(09-03-2018 01:25 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Down to 171.8! Even counting my two week plateau from earlier, I'm still well on pace to meet my goal of seven more pounds by mid June. Big Grin

Awesome!