Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
19-05-2018, 09:18 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
Update: not only did I find bike shoes in Tacoma, I found a lightly used mountain bike with 29" wheels that followed me home. The shop had a pair of street slicks for it, and put them on in the deal. Mounted my pedals, my cleats in the new shoes. I have a new commuter with front suspension for the potholes and rough streets in Seattle.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
20-05-2018, 11:12 AM
I don't even know what I weigh at the moment 'cause we don't have a scale at home. I'm just going by the last doctor's visit I had. But anyway. Apparently to lose a bit of weight I need to be eating between 1200 and 1500 calories per day. That doesn't seem like very much at all. Not once you get to looking at things and seeing how many fucking calories everything is. And the serving sizes are never what a real person actually considers a serving size. Maybe those are serving sizes for mice. Dodgy

Anyway, hopefully I can actually workout again soon. Been down and out for a few weeks because somehow I tweaked my back up. Sad I probably need to get more cardio/HIIT stuff in when I do start back up. I am more fond of strength training and yoga than cardio because I hate sweating. But maybe cardio and HIIT will burn more calories.

22-05-2018, 03:02 AM
Managed to get 2.7 miles done last night on the run. Still having to stop every now and again but my stamina is getting better and my recovery time is also improving Smile

I'm training for a 10K run, read about it in my blog :
Lost In Pace - A Running Blog
[+] 2 users Like OakTree500's post
23-05-2018, 11:13 PM
3rd day today on the new commuter, I got in 14 miles here and there on the bike, 9 on foot. The new bike is quite a bit faster Smile tomorrow more bike and hot yoga.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
24-05-2018, 02:22 AM
Following the big run on monday, I had a very short one on tuesday and then yesterday off as my ankle/foot is aching a whole lot [The curse of not stretching properly before setting off].

Taking a longer route home tonight, and trying to get a personal best out for time/speed as well. Hopefully my ankle will be alright, but should be good to go Smile

Also: raised £95 of my £100 mini-target as well, which is totally unreal in all honesty. I thought I'd make about £30 at best, but friends/family/co-workers have been getting on board with this, and I have 4 months left to go as well haha.

I'm training for a 10K run, read about it in my blog :
Lost In Pace - A Running Blog
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
24-05-2018, 07:27 AM
(20-05-2018 11:12 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I don't even know what I weigh at the moment 'cause we don't have a scale at home. I'm just going by the last doctor's visit I had. But anyway. Apparently to lose a bit of weight I need to be eating between 1200 and 1500 calories per day. That doesn't seem like very much at all. Not once you get to looking at things and seeing how many fucking calories everything is. And the serving sizes are never what a real person actually considers a serving size. Maybe those are serving sizes for mice. Dodgy

Anyway, hopefully I can actually workout again soon. Been down and out for a few weeks because somehow I tweaked my back up. Sad I probably need to get more cardio/HIIT stuff in when I do start back up. I am more fond of strength training and yoga than cardio because I hate sweating. But maybe cardio and HIIT will burn more calories.

There are more "cardio" forms of yoga like Power Yoga, Hot Yoga, Ashtanga, Buti Yoga, and Bikram. You can also incorporate weights with yoga as is done with CorePower yoga.

Re: daily calories, you can always vary your daily calories. In other words, you don't need to eat 1200-1500 every day. How this works: You have an allotment of 10500 calories a week (1500 x7). So you could have 1800 cals one day, and then the next have 1200 and so on. Imo, 1200 daily calories (i.e. 8400 weekly cals. is far too low if you are working out on a consistent basis. 1200 daily cals is usually a guideline given for those who are sedentary.
25-05-2018, 04:28 AM
I go to the gym twice a week
[+] 2 users Like MuntyJay's post
25-05-2018, 06:20 PM
I had a great day. I rode 8 miles before work with the time I had after getting off the train, and we got done at noon or so for the holiday weekend. I rode downtown and checked out a bike store. The first train was at 230, so I rode 18 miles to the next station down the line. All together it was a 27 mile day with some elevation gains, thanks to Google. Somehow it added an intermediate stop at a country club, how I don't know. This took me up on a pretty decent climb. That was a drag, but the subsequent descent into the valley was a blast!
I could have rode another 6 miles to the next station, but by the time I figured that out I was cutting it a little close.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
27-05-2018, 06:41 PM
Attention1

The Orchard Health Club will be closed June 1. I am selling it and moving on.

If you never attended, you don't know what you were missing:
aerobic pruning, high-impact fence mending, mowing under a hot sun, mosquitoes,
frozen fingers and toes, ice and snow in the face, snow clearing,
deer flies, poison ivy, ticks, cuts, bruises, scrapes, poisons, blood, sweat, and tears. Big Grin

However, there were other compensations.

[Image: YoungBucksM.jpg]

[Image: RedBellied.jpg]

[Image: Fox Turtle.jpg]

[Image: fawn 1.jpg]

[Image: winter afternoon.jpg]

[Image: Mowing%20s.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
27-05-2018, 09:01 PM
What's that country song about a guy and his tractor? Big Grin

Nice pics, Chas.

I've been working out, everyone, and have been posting on AF, and have been meaning to get over here.

I've been really enjoying yoga a lot lately, and have to share some of my new poses.

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post