Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
13-04-2015, 09:03 AM
RE: Atheists who work out
(10-04-2015 04:06 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  My arms hurt.

Lol! I just worked out my arms too, and my arms are feeling pretty floppy right now.

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes LadyWallFlower's post
13-04-2015, 09:27 AM
I have an old fashioned push lawn mower with a hill in my backyard. Where I live, the state of Oregon in the Northwest USA, the grass here grows like an inch a day especially in the spring so about every three or four days I'm out there mowing my lawn. It ain't easy. I've had neighbors feel sorry for me and offer the use of their gas power lawn mowers. When I explain that it's part of my workout routine they back off but seemed puzzled. Haha.

Push mowers are heavy and work the arms, legs and the act of pushing the mower up and down a hill is a cardio workout too.

Doesn't pollute the air either. Just sayin'.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
13-04-2015, 10:27 AM
(13-04-2015 09:27 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I have an old fashioned push lawn mower with a hill in my backyard. Where I live, the state of Oregon in the Northwest USA, the grass here grows like an inch a day especially in the spring so about every three or four days I'm out there mowing my lawn. It ain't easy. I've had neighbors feel sorry for me and offer the use of their gas power lawn mowers. When I explain that it's part of my workout routine they back off but seemed puzzled. Haha.

Push mowers are heavy and work the arms, legs and the act of pushing the mower up and down a hill is a cardio workout too.

Yardio workout ftw! Big Grin

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
13-04-2015, 11:15 AM
(13-04-2015 09:27 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I have an old fashioned push lawn mower with a hill in my backyard. Where I live, the state of Oregon in the Northwest USA, the grass here grows like an inch a day especially in the spring so about every three or four days I'm out there mowing my lawn. It ain't easy. I've had neighbors feel sorry for me and offer the use of their gas power lawn mowers. When I explain that it's part of my workout routine they back off but seemed puzzled. Haha.

I need a push mower, cuz last summer I used a weedwacker to cut my lawn (not joking), and while I did get pretty precise with practice, I did eff up a few times, and it's just too much of a hassle. BUT, push mowers are all upwards of $100 bucks??? why so freakin expensive....I'm trying to find one used off craigslist. Might need to really start looking since my grass is starting to grow pretty fast up here in WA as well Sad.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
13-04-2015, 11:18 AM
Get one of those lawn mowers that doesnt have an engine, just the spinning blades that move when you push it.
13-04-2015, 11:42 AM
(13-04-2015 11:18 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Get one of those lawn mowers that doesnt have an engine, just the spinning blades that move when you push it.
When I said push mower, this is what I meant. Growing up, for me, "Lawn mower" = engine, "Push mower" = no-engine. Another set of terms not everyone agrees on haha.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
13-04-2015, 11:45 AM
I took a few weeks off - while otherwise occupied -- and have just started back to working out the last couple of days....

Shit, shit, shit.......

It must be working cuz even my hair hurts.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
13-04-2015, 02:30 PM
(13-04-2015 11:42 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(13-04-2015 11:18 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Get one of those lawn mowers that doesnt have an engine, just the spinning blades that move when you push it.
When I said push mower, this is what I meant. Growing up, for me, "Lawn mower" = engine, "Push mower" = no-engine. Another set of terms not everyone agrees on haha.

Yeah, I call a non engine or non electric lawn mower a push mower too. I've heard some people call them a reel lawn mower. I think "Reel" is the name of a company that has made most of the push lawn mowers for the last 150 years or so. I could be wrong though.

Fiskars, the guys that make those scissors with the orange handles, has come out with a new push lawn mower that's supposed to be super nice. When my current lawn mower dies I might get a Fiskars.

[Image: 91DezAh72EL._SL1500_.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
13-04-2015, 04:14 PM
(13-04-2015 02:30 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(13-04-2015 11:42 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  When I said push mower, this is what I meant. Growing up, for me, "Lawn mower" = engine, "Push mower" = no-engine. Another set of terms not everyone agrees on haha.

Yeah, I call a non engine or non electric lawn mower a push mower too. I've heard some people call them a reel lawn mower. I think "Reel" is the name of a company that has made most of the push lawn mowers for the last 150 years or so. I could be wrong though.

Fiskars, the guys that make those scissors with the orange handles, has come out with a new push lawn mower that's supposed to be super nice. When my current lawn mower dies I might get a Fiskars.

The reel is the assembly of blades that spins.

[Image: reel-mower-5.gif]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-04-2015, 04:41 PM
(13-04-2015 04:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-04-2015 02:30 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Yeah, I call a non engine or non electric lawn mower a push mower too. I've heard some people call them a reel lawn mower. I think "Reel" is the name of a company that has made most of the push lawn mowers for the last 150 years or so. I could be wrong though.

The reel is the assembly of blades that spins.

[Image: reel-mower-5.gif]

The one we have has 5 ganged reels - and weighs about 1300 lbs...........

It's a golf course mower - that you haul behind a tractor......

You need one when you mow 5 acres..

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.