RE: Atheists who work out
DDR?

Huh

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-10-2014, 08:33 PM
(22-10-2014 07:09 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  DDR?

Huh

Dance dance revolution

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
23-10-2014, 06:30 AM
(22-10-2014 06:56 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(22-10-2014 05:56 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  what about a home gym?
Yeah, I'm actually thinking of just getting my freeweights back from my little bro, and using those, plus DDR for cardio.

Dancing is good cardio. Zumba is just the reboot of the dance based aerobics of the past.
23-10-2014, 06:59 PM
Nice to see everyone chiming in, and what is cool is all the different ways you guys work out. Awesome. Smile
Zeke, I wondered where you were...lol You've mentioned working out in the shout box...

I've had a good week nutrition wise and with workouts...keeping it all balanced with life's stresses can sometimes be a challenge, I guess.
Keep up the nice work, everyone. Heart

Be true to yourself. Heart
23-10-2014, 08:26 PM
I ride my bike to and from work...I guess that counts

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
23-10-2014, 08:48 PM
If anyone is interested in not relying on a conventional gym I highly recommend the aptly named boo. "Never Gymless" by Ross Enamait. A very well researched piece, put together by a guy whose level of fitness is absolutely insane, for under $20.

https://www.youtube.com/user/rossenamait?app=desktop

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
24-10-2014, 01:09 AM
(19-10-2014 05:39 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Thought it might be fun to keep track of workouts and such in this thread. I've been a runner for a while and also do Cross Fit. Curious as to what workout plans you might be following. Post workout music and diet/nutrition advice too, if you have something that has been working for you. Exercise memes are welcome too. Big Grin
I have periods where I get into running half marathons and periods where I get sick of getting up early and spending time running.
Last year I did my best ever half marathon, took about 1hr and 35 minutes to run 21 KMs.
But since then I haven't done much. I need to get back into it. I would like to do a half marathon in under 1 hr 30.
[+] 3 users Like Stevil's post
25-10-2014, 09:51 AM
(24-10-2014 01:09 AM)Stevil Wrote:  
(19-10-2014 05:39 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Thought it might be fun to keep track of workouts and such in this thread. I've been a runner for a while and also do Cross Fit. Curious as to what workout plans you might be following. Post workout music and diet/nutrition advice too, if you have something that has been working for you. Exercise memes are welcome too. Big Grin
I have periods where I get into running half marathons and periods where I get sick of getting up early and spending time running.
Last year I did my best ever half marathon, took about 1hr and 35 minutes to run 21 KMs.
But since then I haven't done much. I need to get back into it. I would like to do a half marathon in under 1 hr 30.

Damn, that's impressive! Bowing

I ran my first half marathon last year. And, as for my time? Let's just say that, if things were different, I could've won first place for the women's over 90 category.

"The truth must dazzle gradually / or every man be blind." Emily Dickinson
[+] 1 user Likes Virgo Supercluster's post
25-10-2014, 01:03 PM
(24-10-2014 01:09 AM)Stevil Wrote:  

I too agree this is quite impressive...awesome! I was wondering if you followed a particular training program leading up to your 1/2?

Be true to yourself. Heart
25-10-2014, 01:29 PM
I just did a major super clean of the bathroom, worked up quite a sweat... Yeah, I need to work out more Blush

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta