Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
13-04-2015, 05:06 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
(13-04-2015 04:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-04-2015 02:30 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Yeah, I call a non engine or non electric lawn mower a push mower too. I've heard some people call them a reel lawn mower. I think "Reel" is the name of a company that has made most of the push lawn mowers for the last 150 years or so. I could be wrong though.

Fiskars, the guys that make those scissors with the orange handles, has come out with a new push lawn mower that's supposed to be super nice. When my current lawn mower dies I might get a Fiskars.

[Image: 91DezAh72EL._SL1500_.jpg]

The reel is the assembly of blades that spins.

[Image: reel-mower-5.gif]

Ahhhh. Good to know. Last summer I sharpened the blades which involves taking it apart, turning the blades in the opposite direction and cranking it several hundred times. This in itself is a workout. Everything about a push mower is work. It doesn't pick up the leaves like a power lawn mower does so I have to rake and remove twigs and pinecones before I mow.

When we first moved here my neighbor looked at me mowing the lawn and said I'd last a year mowing with that kind of a mower. Twenty years later I'm still using a push mower. Ha ha to you, mr. neighbor.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
13-04-2015, 06:09 PM
[Image: fvLQtX7.jpg]

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
13-04-2015, 07:34 PM
(13-04-2015 05:06 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(13-04-2015 04:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  The reel is the assembly of blades that spins.

[Image: reel-mower-5.gif]

Ahhhh. Good to know. Last summer I sharpened the blades which involves taking it apart, turning the blades in the opposite direction and cranking it several hundred times. This in itself is a workout. Everything about a push mower is work. It doesn't pick up the leaves like a power lawn mower does so I have to rake and remove twigs and pinecones before I mow.

When we first moved here my neighbor looked at me mowing the lawn and said I'd last a year mowing with that kind of a mower. Twenty years later I'm still using a push mower. Ha ha to you, mr. neighbor.
I haven't seen a hand mower for ages. Excellent exercise;keep it up.
Had a really flat day yesterday and just moped around...no gym /cardio.
Gotta expect such at 73, but had those days always at times.
Any suggestions?Clap
13-04-2015, 07:51 PM
Good thing I will never use a hand mowerSleepy

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
13-04-2015, 10:33 PM
Ran 5.5 miles after work today, sprints. Twas a good workout. But, think I'm not getting enough water throughout my day. Had a bad headache for a while, after wards...and that usually means for me, that I'm low on water. :/

Monday's behind us!

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
13-04-2015, 10:34 PM
And as for lawn mowers. I've never mowed a lawn in my life. Big Grin lol I live in a townhome community, so that stuff is done for me. Growing up, my dad always cut the grass, etc.

It probably would be a pretty decent workout.

13-04-2015, 11:50 PM
Hills today. What a beastly workout... I deserve cake.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
14-04-2015, 06:08 AM
(13-04-2015 10:34 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  And as for lawn mowers. I've never mowed a lawn in my life. Big Grin lol I live in a townhome community, so that stuff is done for me. Growing up, my dad always cut the grass, etc.

It probably would be a pretty decent workout.

[Image: cupcake.jpg]

ask and you shall receive Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
14-04-2015, 06:09 AM
The snow is finally melting. As much as I've enjoyed the snow shoe based workouts, I'm looking forward to some hill sprints.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
14-04-2015, 07:08 AM
Ran an all-out 10 km yesterday. I have a 10km race coming up in a month so I wanted to see where I'm at.

New PR with 38:27 Clap Better than expected but it was pretty painful and I had to resist the urge to slow down the last half of the run.

Also, Hi Deirdre Smile ,don't know if you remember me from AF.org but I started a running thread there a while ago and I remember you being active in it. Nice to see you are still running Thumbsup
[+] 2 users Like jots's post