Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
14-04-2015, 07:51 AM
RE: Atheists who work out
(14-04-2015 07:08 AM)jots Wrote:  New PR with 38:27 Clap Better than expected but it was pretty painful and I had to resist the urge to slow down the last half of the run.

Sjoe! That's a really good time Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
14-04-2015, 07:59 AM
(14-04-2015 07:08 AM)jots Wrote:  Ran an all-out 10 km yesterday. I have a 10km race coming up in a month so I wanted to see where I'm at.

New PR with 38:27 Clap Better than expected but it was pretty painful and I had to resist the urge to slow down the last half of the run.

Also, Hi Deirdre Smile ,don't know if you remember me from AF.org but I started a running thread there a while ago and I remember you being active in it. Nice to see you are still running Thumbsup

Niiiiice! Big Grin Good time, jots!
And yes...I remember you. So happy to see you over here. Yes
HAVE A GREAT DAY!

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
14-04-2015, 04:59 PM
Tonight's dinner: Grilled cheese, Doritos and ... diet pop because, you know, I wanna loose some weight. Rolleyes

Seriously though, baby steps. In no time at all I'll be slamming kale shakes and setting PRs in the gym with the rest of you healthy heathens.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
14-04-2015, 05:03 PM
(14-04-2015 04:59 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  Tonight's dinner: Grilled cheese, Doritos and ... diet pop because, you know, I wanna loose some weight. Rolleyes

Seriously though, baby steps. In no time at all I'll be slamming kale shakes and setting PRs in the gym with the rest of you healthy heathens.

well...at least you're throwing in a 'diet' pop. Big Grin

that's right baby steps. Hug

[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
14-04-2015, 05:06 PM
Diet pop .... so much hatred for that, I have.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
14-04-2015, 09:16 PM
No workout tonight, stomach hurt. Sad

14-04-2015, 10:54 PM
Any semblance of routine I have always dies when I go on a trip. How do you guys manage working out and traveling/vacations?

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
14-04-2015, 11:37 PM
(14-04-2015 10:54 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  Any semblance of routine I have always dies when I go on a trip. How do you guys manage working out and traveling/vacations?

Quite often I'm inclined to just let it slide for the duration of the trip - if I do anything it's for fun, just to work up a bit of a sweat. If it's a longer trip I'll try to follow my usual routine - morning run works best for me 'cos then I don't have to find a way to fit it into my day later.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
15-04-2015, 01:40 AM
So prior to work I did a short run (didn't leave myself much time after tinkering on TTA) - 1 mile, nothing but hills.

Then...I chopped up some apples to bring to work with sunbutter (nut allergies suck, yo) and roasted some cauliflower and asparagus while I got ready.

I'm trying to get ready for the Cotton Row 10K - it goes up and down Montesano (mountain).

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
15-04-2015, 05:32 AM
(14-04-2015 10:54 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  Any semblance of routine I have always dies when I go on a trip. How do you guys manage working out and traveling/vacations?

Depending on where you live, you can always go for a run outside of your hotel/where you're staying. A jog...a fast walk...something. It can be easy to fall out of your routine, but just got to improvise when traveling. Mentally, you'll feel better that you didn't skip it. Cool