Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
16-04-2015, 11:03 AM
RE: Atheists who work out
(16-04-2015 10:16 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  When I run, I usually force myself to do my own version of HIIT. I get incredibly bored if I have to maintain a pace for more than a few minutes. I'll often alternate between sprinting and a light jog (usually one minute, or 30 seconds of each).

That's great to do, HIIT is a good way to keep things interesting. Thumbsup

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-04-2015, 11:26 AM
I have been trying yoga lately (at the suggestion of a female friend of mine). It feels slightly awkward being the only guy in there however, the ladies in there have been very helpful. And they like having someone to walk them to their cars when it is dark.
[+] 3 users Like ohio_drg's post
16-04-2015, 04:37 PM
(16-04-2015 10:16 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  When I run, I usually force myself to do my own version of HIIT. I get incredibly bored if I have to maintain a pace for more than a few minutes. I'll often alternate between sprinting and a light jog (usually one minute, or 30 seconds of each).

Similar. I stıck to a sprınt 20 seconds, jog 10 seconds protocol, assuming I'm on even ground. I even edıted the songs ın my runnıng playlıst to ınclude timed tones. But what I prefer is to find a nice hill trail and sprint up, walk down, repeat til dizzy.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
16-04-2015, 05:24 PM
My sprints are slightly longer, 30-45 seconds, but that's about what I do, lately at the end of my runs, too.

[Image: ignorejunkfood.jpg]

Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

16-04-2015, 05:25 PM
(16-04-2015 11:26 AM)ohio_drg Wrote:  I have been trying yoga lately (at the suggestion of a female friend of mine). It feels slightly awkward being the only guy in there however, the ladies in there have been very helpful. And they like having someone to walk them to their cars when it is dark.

I take yoga now and again, I love it, and should take more classes. Do you like it?

[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
16-04-2015, 05:31 PM (This post was last modified: 16-04-2015 06:09 PM by Adrianime.)
If junkfood isn't part of your regular diet it's probably fine to indulge* occasionally.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
16-04-2015, 05:44 PM
(16-04-2015 05:31 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  If junkfood isn't part of your regular diet it's probably fine to induldge occasionally.

Yes, it is good to indulge.

16-04-2015, 11:17 PM
Did an easy 40 min run on Wednesday. Was raining pretty heavily, but felt good anyway.

Yesterday I ran LT intervals, 5 min fast, 1 min easy x 4 + 15 min warmup/cooldown.

Afterwards I "indulged" in some pizza Tongue
[+] 2 users Like jots's post
17-04-2015, 06:50 AM
(16-04-2015 11:17 PM)jots Wrote:  Did an easy 40 min run on Wednesday. Was raining pretty heavily, but felt good anyway.

Yesterday I ran LT intervals, 5 min fast, 1 min easy x 4 + 15 min warmup/cooldown.

Afterwards I "indulged" in some pizza Tongue

LOL…Pizza is a good ‘indulge’ food Big Grin

Nice run!

I skipped last night, was really tired, and knew a work out wouldn’t be as I’d like, so today, I’m leaving work early and will get a good run in, and then nothing but fun planned for tonight and tomorrow.

Thank Gandalf it’s Friday! Tongue

17-04-2015, 08:08 AM
(17-04-2015 06:50 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I skipped last night
When I first read that I imagined the physical action of skip. Like skip to my lou. Haha. I was thinking interesting variation on cardio!

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post