Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
17-04-2015, 10:06 AM
RE: Atheists who work out
(17-04-2015 08:08 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(17-04-2015 06:50 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I skipped last night
When I first read that I imagined the physical action of skip. Like skip to my lou. Haha. I was thinking interesting variation on cardio!

That could be fun, but might get some odd looks....Laugh out load

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2015, 10:34 AM
(17-04-2015 10:06 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(17-04-2015 08:08 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  When I first read that I imagined the physical action of skip. Like skip to my lou. Haha. I was thinking interesting variation on cardio!

That could be fun, but might get some odd looks....Laugh out load
I did some power skipping at the end of the walk me and my gf took last week. She looked at me like I was crazy and laughed. Big Grin

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
17-04-2015, 06:24 PM
Got it in today, feeling better finally after my bout of bronchitis, infection and subsequent follow on food poisoning to the tune of 8 lbs loss Angry

10 sets of military presses from 135 lbs to 235 lbs.

supersetted with dumbell bench presses from 50-100lbs in 5 lb increments...yeah got a pump now.

Then 5 sets of close grip bench presses triple setted with skull crushers and chest flyes.

five sets of cable pressdowns with the whole stack and a peek in the mirror shows that up close....with the light just right...turned at a slight angle...I looked swole for like 5 mins today Big Grin

Flex

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 4 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
19-04-2015, 10:35 AM
Had a good running weekend. Did a 40 min fartlek yesterday and today I ran a long run, 40 min easy + 40 min HM pace. Total distance for the week: 53 km.
[+] 2 users Like jots's post
19-04-2015, 11:36 AM
Party on Friday and a party last night. Too much drinking but worked out my scheduled runs both days. Today, might need a rest. ^_^

[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
19-04-2015, 11:37 AM
(17-04-2015 06:24 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Got it in today, feeling better finally after my bout of bronchitis, infection and subsequent follow on food poisoning to the tune of 8 lbs loss Angry

10 sets of military presses from 135 lbs to 235 lbs.

supersetted with dumbell bench presses from 50-100lbs in 5 lb increments...yeah got a pump now.

Then 5 sets of close grip bench presses triple setted with skull crushers and chest flyes.

five sets of cable pressdowns with the whole stack and a peek in the mirror shows that up close....with the light just right...turned at a slight angle...I looked swole for like 5 mins today Big Grin

Flex
Awesome lifting! Thumbsup

19-04-2015, 02:35 PM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2015 04:01 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
So after being sick for a month, bronchitis, followed by an infection of the lungs from the bronchitis, followed by a bout of food poisoning, today was day two back in the gym, my lines are a bit blurry from sitting around feeling sorry for myself eating like a fat kid on death row....but I am starting to feel the strength coming back. Big Grin

[Image: jt19w9.jpg]

[Image: 313rgxx.jpg]

blurry pics, was shaking after my 2.5 hour workout bombing back, shoulders, biceps and forearms Weeping

EDIT: please excuse double posting, I posted this on the regular pic thread as well...whore for attention I guess Blush

But since this is ouor fitness thread, and y'all knew I had been sick, figured I would post the fat kid is back in the gym finally Flex

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
19-04-2015, 03:56 PM
goodwithoutgod, that's a great pic-appreciate you sharing your hard work with us.
Gettin' swole, aw yea! Flex

Sadly, I'm thinking of ordering a pizza...chilling for the night, and watching a movie. This is what happens when I drink the night before. Blush Two parties too many this weekend.

I haven't indulged in a while though, so this weekend I'll let it go, and get back to it tomorrow. I'm imagining the carb overload will help my running stamina tomorrow? Blink

Laugh out load

[+] 3 users Like Deidre32's post
19-04-2015, 05:15 PM
[sarcasm] Wow goodwithoutgod! You really let yourself go, get back in the gym you fat bastard! [/sarcasm]
[+] 3 users Like Bad Wolf's post
20-04-2015, 05:20 AM
So, I keep seeing this on TV

And I think it's stupid.

Yeah, that's totally what we think about exercising. But is it how we should be thinking?
All I get from this is "exercising is painful, boring, unbearable, but if you get through it, good for you!"

Shouldn't they be emphasizing on the good bits? I'm just saying...

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post