Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
22-04-2015, 10:39 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
After two days of hard running on the weekend, I took a much needed rest day on Monday. On Tuesday I ran a very easy 5 km together with my gf, and yesterday I did 45 min of LT intervals.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like jots's post
23-04-2015, 09:51 AM
Wednesday and Thursday are both rest days... My excuse?

My calves are really sore from all those stairs! And also I caught a cold :/

I'm gonna do something tomorrow though. Can't have three days in a row sittin' on my ass Tongue

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 2 users Like Colourcraze's post
23-04-2015, 12:55 PM
Edit: Decided I was an ass...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
23-04-2015, 01:29 PM
finally found my fitbit, going to try getting those 10,000 steps a day in.

trying to pay attention to what goes in.

in other words, I am pretty grouchy. Angry

move over, make some room for my big fat ass. consider me back on the wagon.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 5 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
23-04-2015, 06:41 PM
morondog, you could never be an ass...what? No (curious as to what u said now) Laugh out load

Clap bows and arrows is joining us!!

as for me, i went for a run, then out for grilled lamb chops with some friends. friday night is starting early ... Big Grin

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 3 users Like Deidre32's post
24-04-2015, 12:56 AM
(23-04-2015 06:41 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  morondog, you could never be an ass...what? No (curious as to what u said now) Laugh out load

Clap bows and arrows is joining us!!

as for me, i went for a run, then out for grilled lamb chops with some friends. friday night is starting early ... Big Grin

Laugh out load ok. Now that's just funny. Have you read his debate posts? Our favorite forum canine can have quite the biting remarks... Tongue

Grilled lamb chops sounds fun - it always makes me want to say "Christ on a stick" Tongue

As for the workout:
I'm still uncomfortable with running with my new med - my resting heart rate needs to drop some more. My baseline is 60s, earlier this week I was 90s at rest, right now I'm at 80s. If I can get adjusted to where I'm in the 70s, I'll get back to it. I'm concerned about the myocardial demand (I'm a cardiac nurse - and yes I've taken care of patients my age and younger). Heart block can be a side effect. I called my doc and he halved my dose (I rarely even take Tylenol, I'm not that big, and I've always been super sensitive to meds). Right now I'm just walking. Which, with as much as I do for my job, doesn't really feel like exercise. It's very frustrating.

With the buzzkill to my training, I think I'm gonna do the cotton row 5K instead of 10K - there's no mountain on the 5K.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
24-04-2015, 01:03 AM
... I missed training this morning. Sucks. Now I have to go in the evening.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
24-04-2015, 06:23 AM
yesterday I didnt reach my 10,000 steps Sad but I did put in 8929. I probably could have, but I chose to socialize with other parents that I havent seen for two weeks at my daughters soccer practice rather than walk laps.

I am on my first coffee, haven't had breakfast yet, and already up to 3,000+ . Walking the little one to school and continuing with the dog helps so much because its required.

off to a good start.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
24-04-2015, 08:24 AM
(24-04-2015 12:56 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I'm still uncomfortable with running with my new med - my resting heart rate needs to drop some more. My baseline is 60s, earlier this week I was 90s at rest, right now I'm at 80s. If I can get adjusted to where I'm in the 70s, I'll get back to it. I'm concerned about the myocardial demand (I'm a cardiac nurse - and yes I've taken care of patients my age and younger). Heart block can be a side effect. I called my doc and he halved my dose (I rarely even take Tylenol, I'm not that big, and I've always been super sensitive to meds). Right now I'm just walking. Which, with as much as I do for my job, doesn't really feel like exercise. It's very frustrating.

With the buzzkill to my training, I think I'm gonna do the cotton row 5K instead of 10K - there's no mountain on the 5K.

So, is it bad if, while on my medication, my heart rate routinely hits 190+ while running? I have actually measured it once at 212 while doing hill sprints.

Coincidentally, I was doing hill sprints in prep for the Cotton Row 10K. I have tried to describe the hill to people who've never run it before and I don't think they believe me. That's been a while... I'm too out of shape to run to the mailbox and back now... but I am trying to psych myself up to get back out on the road.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
[+] 2 users Like TurkeyBurner's post
24-04-2015, 08:41 AM
I feel like my heart rate gets really fast when I exercise, too. Today I climbed the stairs to my 8th floor apartment instead of taking the elevator. I always feel my heart thumping in my chest when I take the stairs. And end up getting in the door breathing pretty heavily!

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 2 users Like Colourcraze's post