Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
03-05-2015, 03:27 AM
RE: Atheists who work out
(02-05-2015 04:33 PM)Impulse Wrote:  On a more positive note, I replaced my running shoes this morning. Smile Last month was so busy, I didn't add up the mileage on my shoes. I finally added it up yesterday and realized I was due for new shoes - which also might explain why I'm having injury issues right now. Then again, at 51, it may just be age. Dodgy

I just wait for my shoes to have holes in 'em... Last time I went to the store the guy said he'd never seen shoes that totally fucked Tongue

In other news I ran two races this weekend. 12 k and 32 k... Man. The 12 k had a lot of really really fast guys in it. I was actually the last man home. It's part of a series they use to select the SA cross country team (although anyone, e.g. me, can enter) so the guys who were there were athletes that I'd otherwise normally see on TV or not at all... the real speed demons... Standing in the start area with them not a single one had any fat *anywhere*. They were pure lean muscle. Me and my mate who normally can be described as being reasonably skinny... we felt like we were obese Shy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
03-05-2015, 10:04 AM
(03-05-2015 03:27 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(02-05-2015 04:33 PM)Impulse Wrote:  On a more positive note, I replaced my running shoes this morning. Smile Last month was so busy, I didn't add up the mileage on my shoes. I finally added it up yesterday and realized I was due for new shoes - which also might explain why I'm having injury issues right now. Then again, at 51, it may just be age. Dodgy
I just wait for my shoes to have holes in 'em... Last time I went to the store the guy said he'd never seen shoes that totally fucked Tongue

In other news I ran two races this weekend. 12 k and 32 k... Man. The 12 k had a
lot of really really fast guys in it. I was actually the last man home. It's part of a series they use to select the SA cross country team (although anyone, e.g. me, can enter) so the guys who were there were athletes that I'd otherwise normally see on TV or not at all... the real speed demons... Standing in the start area with them not a single one had any fat *anywhere*. They were pure lean muscle. Me and my mate who normally can be described as being reasonably skinny... we felt like we were obese Shy
aw Hug I'm sure you're being hard on yourself, doggie.

We here are proud of you that you entered and stuck it through!

I'm going to the gym a little later. Have been over sleeping this weekend. I guess my body needed it. Confused

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
03-05-2015, 03:17 PM
Work out's done, it was great, but got sick after ab work. Did hanging leg lifts and think I just pushed too hard. Either that or whatever I ate before I went didn't sit well with me during my workout. Sad

03-05-2015, 04:21 PM
Rode my bike to yoga class which is about three miles away then dropped by several stores on the way back to pick up some groceries. I just took a nap and I gotta go outside now and mow part of the lawn with my push mower.

I think my push mower is my best work out machine. I use almost every muscle in my body. I have a funny way of working out. I like to accomplish something when I'm exercising, like going to get stuff at the store or mowing the lawn or sawing all the dead wood into shorter pieces for the fireplace in the winter. I just like to find something to do that gets me off the couch even if it's cleaning the house. I hate cleaning the house though. It's a bore.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
04-05-2015, 03:25 PM
(03-05-2015 03:27 AM)morondog Wrote:  

In other news I ran two races this weekend. 12 k and 32 k... Man. The 12 k had a lot of really really fast guys in it. I was actually the last man home. It's part of a series they use to select the SA cross country team (although anyone, e.g. me, can enter) so the guys who were there were athletes that I'd otherwise normally see on TV or not at all... the real speed demons... Standing in the start area with them not a single one had any fat *anywhere*. They were pure lean muscle. Me and my mate who normally can be described as being reasonably skinny... we felt like we were obese Shy

Those are odd race lengths by American standards. We generally have 5 K's, 10 K's, Half-Marathons ( ~21 K/~13.1mi), Marathons (~42 K/26.2mi), and not for the faint of heart, the double-marathon (~84.5 K/~52.5mi). Back when I used to run regularly I would run a half-marathon once in a while. Fast-forward to now and I could probably run a 5K shortly before dieing of a heart-attack. I ran a mile and a half yesterday, which felt good. I think I may try to run more often than twice a year, which is what I have done for several years now, and it's becoming increasingly obvious Big Grin

[+] 4 users Like Dark Light's post
04-05-2015, 11:30 PM
(04-05-2015 03:25 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(03-05-2015 03:27 AM)morondog Wrote:  I just wait for my shoes to have holes in 'em... Last time I went to the store the guy said he'd never seen shoes that totally fucked Tongue

Those are odd race lengths by American standards. We generally have 5 K's, 10 K's, Half-Marathons ( ~21 K/~13.1mi), Marathons (~42 K/26.2mi), and not for the faint of heart, the double-marathon (~84.5 K/~52.5mi). Back when I used to run regularly I would run a half-marathon once in a while. Fast-forward to now and I could probably run a 5K shortly before dieing of a heart-attack. I ran a mile and a half yesterday, which felt good. I think I may try to run more often than twice a year, which is what I have done for several years now, and it's becoming increasingly obvious Big Grin

32 k I woulda thought would be common? It's basically a 20 miler. They're less common than half marathons but we do have plenty of them... Sunday's race they also had a 15 k Blink 12 k *is* an odd race length, I got no idea why the cross country guys do it that way.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
04-05-2015, 11:58 PM
Ten kms was ample an event for me, though on occasions I would jog into the city to work. Great passing the cars when there was public transport strikesSmile
These days it's mainly power walking with the occasional canter.
[+] 3 users Like Mr Woof's post
05-05-2015, 08:08 AM
Once my girlfriend figures out whether she'll be working in Montreal or Sherbrooke, we're gonna start looking for a new house. I've decided that when we get a bigger property (I don't care how big the house is, I just want a huge yard), I want to make a backyard army style obstacle course, including a small rappel tower. The plans I drew up while daydreaming look like I could do what I want for around $1,500. My mind wanders like that... But now that I had the thought, I'm going to get obsessed with the idea until not doing it isn't even an option.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
05-05-2015, 02:36 PM
(05-05-2015 08:08 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Once my girlfriend figures out whether she'll be working in Montreal or Sherbrooke, we're gonna start looking for a new house. I've decided that when we get a bigger property (I don't care how big the house is, I just want a huge yard), I want to make a backyard army style obstacle course, including a small rappel tower. The plans I drew up while daydreaming look like I could do what I want for around $1,500. My mind wanders like that... But now that I had the thought, I'm going to get obsessed with the idea until not doing it isn't even an option.

sounds so cool!! like american ninja warrior? Big Grin

05-05-2015, 02:46 PM
(05-05-2015 02:36 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(05-05-2015 08:08 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Once my girlfriend figures out whether she'll be working in Montreal or Sherbrooke, we're gonna start looking for a new house. I've decided that when we get a bigger property (I don't care how big the house is, I just want a huge yard), I want to make a backyard army style obstacle course, including a small rappel tower. The plans I drew up while daydreaming look like I could do what I want for around $1,500. My mind wanders like that... But now that I had the thought, I'm going to get obsessed with the idea until not doing it isn't even an option.

sounds so cool!! like american ninja warrior? Big Grin

Not quite that hardcore. More like this one at Fort McCoy, but a bit bigger with a few additions of my own, such as some gymnastic rings and some tires. I also want to make a pulley system on the top so that part of the course would involve pulling something heavy up once you reach the top, then tossing it back down. I just want a little fitness course that ends with a rappel to make my backyard workouts a little more entertaining, ideally with a full run taking about one minute so that you could repeat it 10 to 20 times for a killer routine. I'd also like to have a zip line as an alternative option to the rappel. I'm all giddy over it now. Can't wait to get started.

[Image: Obstacle_course.jpg]

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post