Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
05-05-2015, 04:26 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
I wonder how long that will take to set up. That looks amazing. Smile It will be so fun when it's finished!

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2015, 06:49 PM
Did a semi CF routine, with flat and incline bench tonight...along with some kettlebell swings. I think those are fun. Big Grin

Went for a short 20 minute run, and then finished up with 10 minutes of stretching. (also did 15 minutes of core/ab work...gonna feel it in the morning!) Blush

[Image: 6a00e54ed60b87883301a511e113d9970c-800wi]

[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
05-05-2015, 07:12 PM
(05-05-2015 04:26 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I wonder how long that will take to set up. That looks amazing. Smile It will be so fun when it's finished!

I like to think I could throw it together in a week. It will probably be more like an hour or two here and there over the course of a few months once I actually get started.

'Murican Canadian
05-05-2015, 07:48 PM
(05-05-2015 07:12 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(05-05-2015 04:26 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I wonder how long that will take to set up. That looks amazing. Smile It will be so fun when it's finished!

I like to think I could throw it together in a week. It will probably be more like an hour or two here and there over the course of a few months once I actually get started.

I'd make sure it's solid. lol You're going to be really working it so it can't be flimsy. 'Throwing it together' isn't a good idea for something like that. Laugh out load

I think that would be such a unique workout though. Sometimes I go to a park where there are 'monkey bars' and hang and do leg lifts, or go from bar to bar...it's fun, and offers a way different 'workout' than at the gym, etc.

Show us pix when it's up!

05-05-2015, 08:00 PM
(05-05-2015 07:48 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(05-05-2015 07:12 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I like to think I could throw it together in a week. It will probably be more like an hour or two here and there over the course of a few months once I actually get started.

I'd make sure it's solid. lol You're going to be really working it so it can't be flimsy. 'Throwing it together' isn't a good idea for something like that. Laugh out load

I think that would be such a unique workout though. Sometimes I go to a park where there are 'monkey bars' and hang and do leg lifts, or go from bar to bar...it's fun, and offers a way different 'workout' than at the gym, etc.

One's outdoor fitness centre sounds pretty cool, especially with a variety of apparatus. Variety is the mother of enjoyment and when it comes to
cardio w/outs can certainly ease any possible boredom.
05-05-2015, 08:07 PM
(03-05-2015 12:43 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  sorry about the pain you've been having. Sad better to be safe than sorry, and ease up
because it is easy to over do it, and then you're out for a few weeks. nice to hear about your new running shoes!! Yes

Thanks. Yes, I agree, it's better to be safe than sorry. That's why it took me until this morning to try running again. I was still noticing some slight pain while walking on Sunday so I put the running off some more until today. This morning I ran 2 miles on the treadmill and wore my calf sleeve for added protection. I didn't have any pain during the run or after, but I'm noticing just a hint tonight. So I think I've done things right and I can manage the hint with icing. I'll keep with the treadmill and calf sleeve for this week and I'll probably be back outside by next week.

(03-05-2015 03:27 AM)morondog Wrote:  I just wait for my shoes to have holes in 'em... Last time I went to the store the guy said he'd never seen shoes that totally fucked Tongue

Lol, I used to do that in my younger days when I ran in high school and college. It wasn't until I started running again the past few years that I heard you should replace your shoes after 400-600 miles because the padding loses much of its effectiveness by then. I ignored that advice at first since I remembered my high school years, but my first injury occurred around 800 miles on those shoes. It made me wonder so I replace them. Since then, I have gotten injuries each time I have crossed over 400 miles with my shoes. This last pair was at 442 miles. Maybe it's just coincidence, but this is the 3rd time it happened.

(03-05-2015 03:27 AM)morondog Wrote:  In other news I ran two races this weekend. 12 k and 32 k... Man. The 12 k had a lot of really really fast guys in it. I was actually the last man home. It's part of a series they use to select the SA cross country team (although anyone, e.g. me, can enter) so the guys who were there were athletes that I'd otherwise normally see on TV or not at all... the real speed demons... Standing in the start area with them not a single one had any fat *anywhere*. They were pure lean muscle. Me and my mate who normally can be described as being reasonably skinny... we felt like we were obese Shy

Those sound like fun although probably a bit intimidating too in the 12k with all those elite types running around you. Smile 12k and 32k in the same weekend - man, that's like marathon distance. Great job; and I'm envious. I still need to figure out what race I'm signing up for next. I'm thinking of a half marathon, but my options are limited around here especially during the summer months which are right around the corner.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
05-05-2015, 08:15 PM
(05-05-2015 06:49 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Did a semi CF routine, with flat and incline bench tonight...along with some kettlebell swings. I think those are fun. Big Grin

Went for a short 20 minute run, and then finished up with 10 minutes of stretching. (also did 15 minutes of core/ab work...gonna feel it in the morning!) Blush

I'm glad to hear you must be feeling better after your Sunday workout. Nice job keeping up with all the core work. I need to do more of that myself.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
05-05-2015, 08:55 PM
(05-05-2015 07:48 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(05-05-2015 07:12 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I like to think I could throw it together in a week. It will probably be more like an hour or two here and there over the course of a few months once I actually get started.

Should be okay as long as I get a decent foundation. Still got some time to plan it out. I'll be at Fort Drum doing some training next month. They run air assault courses sometimes so I'm sure they've got a rappel tower hiding somewhere. I'll check it out and see what I can copy.

And if and when I get this thing finished, yeah pics for sure Tongue

'Murican Canadian
05-05-2015, 09:17 PM
(04-05-2015 11:30 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(04-05-2015 03:25 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Those are odd race lengths by American standards. We generally have 5 K's, 10 K's, Half-Marathons ( ~21 K/~13.1mi), Marathons (~42 K/26.2mi), and not for the faint of heart, the double-marathon (~84.5 K/~52.5mi). Back when I used to run regularly I would run a half-marathon once in a while. Fast-forward to now and I could probably run a 5K shortly before dieing of a heart-attack. I ran a mile and a half yesterday, which felt good. I think I may try to run more often than twice a year, which is what I have done for several years now, and it's becoming increasingly obvious Big Grin

32 k I woulda thought would be common? It's basically a 20 miler. They're less common than half marathons but we do have plenty of them... Sunday's race they also had a 15 k Blink 12 k *is* an odd race length, I got no idea why the cross country guys do it that way.

I can honestly say that I've never seen or heard of a 32 K before you mentioned it. Despite popular belief Americans do use a mix of metric and English measurements depending on the industry, or in this case event. Foot races and walking events are usually measured in kilometers, though non-runners will usually have to ask a runner to convert to miles to get context. Most military service members are runners (like we have a choice in the matter) are more familiar with the metric system from other expores as well because we travel so much. Then, if you are a Navy (or Marine Corps) member you get to throw in measurements like nautical miles, fathoms, and knots. Big Grin

Anyhow, curiosity got the best of me and in the Wikipedia article for "Road Running" 32 K is mentioned as a "unique" distance as a sidenote for the "King Island Imperial 20".

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
05-05-2015, 11:58 PM
(05-05-2015 08:07 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Those sound like fun although probably a bit intimidating too in the 12k with all those elite types running around you. Smile

Haha. I wasn't expecting it. I often run at the park where they held the event so when my friend invited me I thought it was just gonna be the usual crowd... He was all Angel

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post