Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
15-05-2015, 08:17 AM
RE: Atheists who work out
(14-05-2015 11:21 PM)morondog Wrote:  I haven't run since Wednesday last... Fucking flu. But it's over now... Tomorrow I can run again Smile Smile Smile

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Smile

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
16-05-2015, 06:39 AM
(15-05-2015 08:17 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(14-05-2015 11:21 PM)morondog Wrote:  I haven't run since Wednesday last... Fucking flu. But it's over now... Tomorrow I can run again Smile Smile Smile

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Smile

Sad Not so much. I ran only 5 k. I ran fucking fast. tasf hnikcuf nar I. <- See I can do palindromes too. But I feel a bit shit now Sad Chest is tight.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
16-05-2015, 07:13 AM
I have started back to the gym. This horrible winter caused me to do a lot of shoveling. I radically changed my diet.

I've dropped 30 pounds since December.

I blame you D! Tongue

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 3 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
16-05-2015, 11:12 AM
(16-05-2015 06:39 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(15-05-2015 08:17 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Glad to hear you're feeling better. Smile

Sad Not so much. I ran only 5 k. I ran fucking fast. tasf hnikcuf nar I. <- See I can do palindromes too. But I feel a bit shit now Sad Chest is tight.

It definitely sucks trying to come back from being sick. Good job getting out there though. 5k counts and it's better than 0k. Smile

I only ran 3 miles myself - still taking it easy to get over these little injuries I've had. But I felt great and found myself running below 8:30 pace after a mile. So I pushed and averaged 8:06 pace by the end. I had no problems with the injuries so things are finally looking up. Smile

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
16-05-2015, 12:10 PM
Had my 2 1/2 hour ballet class this morning. Did lots of jetes which are jumps in different directions. My splits on one side are a little tight so I'm working on stretching on that one side more.

I was going to walk over the the store (about a mile away) to pick up some groceries and haul them back....... but my cat is sleeping on my lap and won't move. I'm totally stuck now. Sadcryface

[Image: 600px-cat-in-lap.jpg]

Sigh. Guess I'll have to wait until she finishes her nap. Girl_nailsLaugh out load

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
16-05-2015, 12:29 PM
I was planning to run hill sprints prior to work yesterday - until I realized I had packed my dansko clogs, sandals, multiple pairs of heels for just in case, but no tennis shoes. Facepalm So, I hopped on the treadmill barefoot. Hobo Gotta say, it sure does help eliminate the heel strike. Also worked my muscles differently.

I ended up buying a new pair on my way to work - I needed appropriate shoes for volunteering with the Special Olympics today (super fun, btw, if you've never been - I love a good excuse to do spirit fingers and meet loads of friendly people). I needed a new pair of tennis shoes, anyway.

I decided to sign up for the Cotton Row 5K race instead of 10K. I just haven't trained enough to tackle pill hill "after" 3 miles of incline. Then I'll run the 1 mile with my son - he's super competitive. Should be fun. I'm gonna get out and time a run with him this week - when we did the 1 mile together when he was four his little legs ran a 12 minute mile. I was one proud Momma.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
16-05-2015, 01:13 PM
I've worked out for years although I'm not insane about it. I use IIFIYM eating system and it has worked well for me rather than yo-yo'ing on and off again. As far as workouts are concerned it depends on what I'm trying to accomplish. I use bodybuilding.com for different workouts.

**Crickets** -- God
[+] 1 user Likes Tonechaser77's post
16-05-2015, 02:44 PM
(16-05-2015 01:13 PM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  I've worked out for years although I'm not insane about it. I use IIFIYM eating system and it has worked well for me rather than yo-yo'ing on and off again. As far as workouts are concerned it depends on what I'm trying to accomplish. I use bodybuilding.com for different workouts.

I use yogaglo.com for when I can't get to yoga class. It is SO much cheaper than yoga studio classes.

What is IIFIYM?
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
16-05-2015, 08:27 PM
(16-05-2015 07:13 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  I have started back to the gym. This horrible winter caused me to do a lot of shoveling. I radically changed my diet.

I blame you D! Tongue

haha I'm so proud of youuuu!!! ThumbsupYes Truly, that's great to hear. I bet you feel like a new man. Can I feel? Unsure Laugh out load

morondog...i hope you are doing better. being sick sucks ...especially when you're in a solid routine, and then...you have to take a break. Hug

dancefortwo...i love that cat pic. that's a good excuse too Laugh out load

Nurse, your update is simply awesome! Good luck with the training. Cool

I went for a run today. It was a tough run, I think I was dehydrated for some unknown reason...and didn't sleep well. Had a bad dream that startled me awake and then kept tossing and turning. Tomorrow is a cross fit gym day, hoping it goes better than today's run. I mean, I stuck with it, but I had one of those tense faces the whole time I was running. lol Confused << kind of resembled that actually Laugh out load

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
16-05-2015, 08:28 PM
(16-05-2015 08:27 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(16-05-2015 07:13 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  I have started back to the gym. This horrible winter caused me to do a lot of shoveling. I radically changed my diet.

I blame you D! Tongue

haha I'm so proud of youuuu!!! ThumbsupYes

morondog...i hope you are doing better. being sick sucks ...especially when you're in a solid routine, and then...you have to take a break. Hug

dancefortwo...i love that cat pic. that's a good excuse too Laugh out load

Nurse, your update is simply awesome! Good luck with the training. Cool

I went for a run today. It was a tough run, I think I was dehydrated for some unknown reason...and didn't sleep well. Had a bad dream that startled me awake and then kept tossing and turning. Tomorrow is a cross fit gym day, hoping it goes better than today's run. I mean, I stuck with it, but I had one of those tense faces the whole time I was running. lol Confused << kind of resembled that actually Laugh out load

You can do it! Thumbsup

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post