Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
31-10-2014, 05:24 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
I still work out and will be 73 next year.
Done it pretty consistently most of my adult life.
I'm still into body building and lift as much as I did in my thirties.
Had I concentrated on power lifting that probably wouldn't be so.
Particularly enjoy flys and tricep extensions..........

Do a fair whack of cardio too, though have slowed up a lot there.
Unable to jog too much due to calf strains,,,,bike & x trainer not as enjoyable.

Also try to eat smart.........guess I'll still be here at 100Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Mr Woof's post
03-11-2014, 12:06 PM
Mr Woof! I'm so very impressed...you are nearing 73, and so active--awesome you lift as much as you did in your 30's!

So glad you chimed in here. Big Grin

Be true to yourself. Heart
03-11-2014, 12:07 PM
(31-10-2014 09:31 AM)morondog Wrote:  Marathon on Sunday Bechased

How did you doooo?? I'm excited to hear. Yes

Be true to yourself. Heart
03-11-2014, 12:21 PM
(03-11-2014 12:07 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(31-10-2014 09:31 AM)morondog Wrote:  Marathon on Sunday Bechased

How did you doooo?? I'm excited to hear. Yes

I'll second that. Thumbsup

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
03-11-2014, 12:28 PM
Following up on my earlier post, I took 9 days off from running and babied my achilles tendon the whole time - iced, used compression, was extra careful going up and down steps and inclines - and it started feeling a lot better. So I ran a couple of short test runs last week and was pleasantly surprised that my achilles tendon seemed to be better. So I ran 10 miles on Saturday and still no problems. It looks like I can finally get back on track with my own marathon training.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
03-11-2014, 12:34 PM
First cold weather hike/climb/camp of the winter over the weekend and, despite doing plenty of exercise throughout the year to hit all the major muscle groups, my legs are throbbing. Love it. Amazing how doing actual purposeful activity will always find a way to seek out the little overlooked muscle groups that isolation exercises miss.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
03-11-2014, 02:20 PM
I've found the most amazing fitness regime. It's a large garden by a forest that hasn't been maintained in years leading to it being reclaimed by the forest with everything from low growing ivy to large trees taller than a five story building overrunning the place. I seem to be spending all my time hacking things back and digging them out. I've also had a couple of the large trees pulled down and sliced into meter long sections by some nice men with chainsaws, a very long chain and a tractor. They all need split into manageable sizes and stacked to dry out ready for the wood burning stove.

I'm not using any power tools at all. Slicing the logs (some of which are around 40-50cm wide) is probably the most fun and painful, involving axes, wedges and sledgehammers. Digging up the stumps is fun as well, I get to use a pick axe for that and it's an intense cardiovascular workout if you really go for it.

I ache pretty much everywhere but the sense of satisfaction as the log pile grows is fantastic.

Hate the belief, love the believer.
[+] 2 users Like Elder Cunningham's post
03-11-2014, 03:26 PM
(03-11-2014 12:21 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(03-11-2014 12:07 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  How did you doooo?? I'm excited to hear. Yes

I'll second that. Thumbsup

3:35... I blew spectacularly in the second half. I'm happy though, I know I gave it my best shot Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
03-11-2014, 04:00 PM
(03-11-2014 03:26 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(03-11-2014 12:21 PM)Impulse Wrote:  I'll second that. Thumbsup

3:35... I blew spectacularly in the second half. I'm happy though, I know I gave it my best shot Smile

Congrats, that sounds great to me! My time last year in my only marathon so far was 3:59. I had some problems last year too - the worst being IT band syndrome - so I was happy to finish at all and even happier that it was under 4 hours. This year, I'm hoping to be down closer to 3:50, but with the injuries I've had, I'll be happy enough if I can just beat my last year's time.

03-11-2014, 04:33 PM
(03-11-2014 04:00 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Congrats, that sounds great to me! My time last year in my only marathon so far was 3:59. I had some problems last year too - the worst being IT band syndrome - so I was happy to finish at all and even happier that it was under 4 hours. This year, I'm hoping to be down closer to 3:50, but with the injuries I've had, I'll be happy enough if I can just beat my last year's time.

I'm lucky to have so far been relatively injury free for the last 2 years. ITB's a bugger though... AFAIK another one of those ones where no one quite knows WTF's going on so you gotta just hope like hell that it comes right. Eish. Anyway, good luck for your one, when's it coming up?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post