Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
22-05-2015, 06:33 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
Fast approaching June here and I'm looking to my 'Winter Fatness Offensive 75.
That's 75kg down from78, having gained 2 with -not that much- stout.
Will still be pushing heavy on fruits, nuts, veg and grains, along with a little fish, less meat, and sound nutritional decisions.Weights and cardio to remain roughly the same; I have learned that intake , much more that output, puts on the pounds.Sadcryface2
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Mr Woof's post
23-05-2015, 01:09 PM
I need to stop being lazy, and get to the gym today. I'm tired from the work week, but sooooo happy for an extra day off. Today, going to work in some kettle bells, and probably do a back workout ...then a run. Happy weekend, peeps. Smile

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 3 users Like Deidre32's post
23-05-2015, 01:09 PM
(21-05-2015 01:39 AM)morondog Wrote:  Big marathon next weekend Smile Been training for it all year. Just had our last long training run, now it's the taper...

Excellent to hear! Yes How much do you reduce for your taper?

23-05-2015, 01:10 PM
(22-05-2015 06:33 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Fast approaching June here and I'm looking to my 'Winter Fatness Offensive 75.
That's 75kg down from78, having gained 2 with -not that much- stout.
Will still be pushing heavy on fruits, nuts, veg and grains, along with a little fish, less meat, and sound nutritional decisions.Weights and cardio to remain roughly the same; I have learned that intake , much more that output, puts on the pounds.Sadcryface2

yes, bad diet is more harmful than not working out, all things being equal. you can do it woofie. Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
23-05-2015, 09:58 PM
I ran 7 miles this morning instead of 5. Everything was feeling good so I went a little further than planned. It was 86 degrees out too.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
23-05-2015, 10:11 PM
(23-05-2015 09:58 PM)Impulse Wrote:  I ran 7 miles this morning instead of 5. Everything was feeling good so I went a little further than planned. It was 86 degrees out too.

Fantastic!! Yes

I had a great run today. I went for a little over 6 miles, and threw sprints in at the end. My speed is really improving, I'm excited.

[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
23-05-2015, 11:22 PM
In the past week all I've done is swim once! Im reading this thread and starting to feel the guilt Tongue maybe it'll help me muster up the motivation to get on my yoga mat! In my defense, I have been walking around a lot. Went to Xi'an to see the terracotta warriors and then yesterday went to HK. Looots of walking. So there, haven't been lazing around on the couch Tongue

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 4 users Like Colourcraze's post
24-05-2015, 12:21 AM
(23-05-2015 11:22 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  Went to Xi'an to see the terracotta warriors

Fuck! I wanna go to Xi'an. Wowowowowow... Lucky...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
24-05-2015, 12:25 AM
(23-05-2015 01:09 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Excellent to hear! Yes How much do you reduce for your taper?

I'm not really sure... Just gonna play it by ear. i.e. give myself permission to be a bit lazy Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
25-05-2015, 09:14 AM
(23-05-2015 10:11 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I had a great run today. I went for a little over 6 miles, and threw sprints in at the end. My speed is really improving, I'm excited.

That's great! Do you have any races planned?

Yesterday I did 6 1/2 hours of yard work - cutting down tree branches, cutting them up so they can be taken away, trimming hedges, raking, and mowing the lawn. Does that count as a workout? It sure felt like it did. I'm rather sore this morning. Tongue

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post