Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
25-05-2015, 12:15 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
(25-05-2015 09:14 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(23-05-2015 10:11 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I had a great run today. I went for a little over 6 miles, and threw sprints in at the end. My speed is really improving, I'm excited.

That's great! Do you have any races planned?

Yesterday I did 6 1/2 hours of yard work - cutting down tree branches, cutting them up so they can be taken away, trimming hedges, raking, and mowing the lawn. Does that count as a workout? It sure felt like it did. I'm rather sore this morning. Tongue

I want to do a tough mudder, think that would be fun. I've done some 5k's and might do one before it gets too hot here. A dream of mine has been to run races in other cities, as I think that would be fun. Maybe cities with hills. GaspShocking

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
25-05-2015, 12:45 PM
We had our races today! It was fun Big Grin I did the 5K and then my son and I ran the 1 mile together.

My son wants to run the 5K with me next year. Guess I'm really gonna get a workout - I'm definitely doing the 10K next time. He'll be faster next year - so following up the 10K with the 5K is gonna be some great motivation!

One of the teams had shirts that said "I don't sweat. I sparkle."

About to head out:
[Image: 2B210AB2-5B4E-438C-AD92-E4456C9C1062_zpsgot5hpo6.jpg]

Post "sparkle"/pre fun run:
[Image: 8F4D4514-EF84-49A0-97B8-C50DB4AFBB9B_zpseuu1u3td.jpg]

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 6 users Like Nurse's post
25-05-2015, 07:07 PM
Ran today, and it went bad. My head wasn't in it, and it was hot...and...let's see ...what are some other excuses I can use?
Sad

Be true to yourself. Heart
25-05-2015, 07:31 PM
(25-05-2015 07:07 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Ran today, and it went bad. My head wasn't in it, and it was hot...and...let's see ...what are some other excuses I can use?
Sad

I dunno. I don't consider it a bad run unless you get injured. Might not have been a great run - but it sure beats the couch, yeh?

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
25-05-2015, 10:08 PM
Great smiles on the two of you!
(25-05-2015 12:45 PM)Nurse Wrote:  We had our races today! It was fun Big Grin I did the 5K and then my son and I ran the 1 mile together.

My son wants to run the 5K with me next year. Guess I'm really gonna get a workout - I'm definitely doing the 10K next time. He'll be faster next year - so following up the 10K with the 5K is gonna be some great motivation!

One of the teams had shirts that said "I don't sweat. I sparkle."

About to head out:
[Image: 2B210AB2-5B4E-438C-AD92-E4456C9C1062_zpsgot5hpo6.jpg]

Post "sparkle"/pre fun run:
[Image: 8F4D4514-EF84-49A0-97B8-C50DB4AFBB9B_zpseuu1u3td.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
26-05-2015, 12:02 AM
So er... this tapering business... My friend in the band gave me a cake yesterday. I mean, we ate *half* of it yesterday... but... I just ate the rest for breakfast... blurgh...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
26-05-2015, 12:09 AM
(26-05-2015 12:02 AM)morondog Wrote:  So er... this tapering business... My friend in the band gave me a cake yesterday. I mean, we ate *half* of it yesterday... but... I just ate the rest for breakfast... blurgh...

Just tell yourself you're carb loading. Yes

[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
26-05-2015, 05:07 AM
Would be cool if we could put together a Tough Murder atheist group.

In many ways they're easier than straight up races, from what I hear, though more interesting. The obstacles, though a fun challenge, tend to act as a rest point every mile or so due to the fact that they get backed up so you have to wait in line, making it impossible to just run through without stopping unless you're in the lead.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
26-05-2015, 05:25 AM
Nurse, I love that your boy is into running with you! (Nice pics, too! His smile in the last one is great haha) My dad and I used to ride bikes together. It's good exercise and great memories Smile

I'm interested in doing a tough mudder/mudderella kind of thing some time, too, D. The obstacle part would be fun and it'd be way more interesting than straight up running Tongue

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 2 users Like Colourcraze's post
26-05-2015, 05:31 AM
(26-05-2015 05:25 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  The obstacle part would be fun and it'd be way more interesting than straight up running Tongue

You guys are all nuts. Obstacles get in the way.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post