Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
26-05-2015, 06:21 AM
RE: Atheists who work out
Tough mudder was probably challenging at some point... Many years ago... Now you shuffle around and queue up to cross some monkey bars. You could get a better workout by doing wind sprints around the park and throwing yourself at the jungle gym. Plus, you won't get heat stroke, since, it kind of has to be after 10pm, or you're gonna need a child of your own there.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post
26-05-2015, 03:15 PM (This post was last modified: 26-05-2015 07:25 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
Sprained my wrist 6 weeks ago, still killing me, had to take a month off which just pissed me off. Anyway, today was back and shoulders day:

everything is lbs, cause like, I live in the US.

Superset 1:

Seated rows 185 lbs x 25 reps, 205 x 20 reps, 225 x 15 reps, 245 x 14 reps, 265 x 12 reps, 275 x 10 reps, 295 x 8 reps, 315 x 8 reps.

and each set was supersetted with:

Seated military press: 135 x 30 reps, 155 x 25 reps, 175 x 20 reps, 185 x 15 reps, 205 x 12 reps, 225 x 10 reps, 245 x 8 reps and 255 x 6 reps.

Good times

Then 100 pullups, 8 sets of pulldowns, 4 sets of laterals and 4 sets of hammer curls.

Smile then i went home and took this shitty pic over my shoulder Laugh out load

Flex

[Image: 10fb0y0.jpg]

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 3 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
26-05-2015, 07:06 PM
Sounds good!
In the old days I used to do military press, and behind neck lat mach pulldowns.
Ended up with a torn rotator cuff which was attributed to those.
Don't know really; lots of theories re 'dangerous ex'

Had some knee problems recently and the physio warned over seated quad raises.
Still do them occasionally.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
26-05-2015, 07:10 PM
(26-05-2015 07:06 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Sounds good!
In the old days I used to do military press, and behind neck lat mach pulldowns.
Ended up with a torn rotator cuff which was attributed to those.
Don't know really; lots of theories re 'dangerous ex'

Had some knee problems recently and the physio warned over seated quad raises.
Still do them occasionally.

Yeah me too Unsure

Anything behind your neck in a push or pull motion places the shoulder joint and rotator cuff into a precarious position...eventually you pay for that, and I do everyday. Pain is a daily friend of mine. Military presses though are good.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
26-05-2015, 10:41 PM
True about behind the neck exercises. I tend to hold the bar pretty low (under my neck) for back squats, myself.

Lookin' swole in your pic, goodwithoutgod...that's all that matters. Laugh out load

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
26-05-2015, 10:42 PM
Tonight, I had a spin bike workout. It was great. I love puddles of sweat. Big Grin

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
28-05-2015, 05:31 AM
Looking into taking a Pilates class. I've never gone to any fitness classes before. I've only ever exercised at home. But I've thought about getting into the health and fitness industry, so I guess I should actually go to a gym and see what it's like. Lol Shy

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
29-05-2015, 12:06 PM
I still have all my olympic plate weights, and a bunch of dumbbells. With the dumbbell sets, and plates, I've got over 2500 pounds of iron sitting around. In the last few years I've been mostly sticking to bodyweight + vest exercises, mixed with 35-60lbs dummbells. So, I've decided to sell my weirghts, and streamline everything.

I ordered some of those Selecttech 1090 dumbbells. My uncle has the 5-52lbs versions, and I was quite impressed with the space savings. I figure the 10-90lbs versions will be enough for anything I'd be doing now. Just can NEVER drop them, since they have mechanical parts
29-05-2015, 12:35 PM (This post was last modified: 29-05-2015 04:51 PM by jennybee.)
(28-05-2015 05:31 AM)LadyWallFlower Wrote:  Looking into taking a Pilates class. I've never gone to any fitness classes before. I've only ever exercised at home. But I've thought about getting into the health and fitness industry, so I guess I should actually go to a gym and see what it's like. Lol Shy

I was a personal trainer at Curves (fitness center for women). They're a chain and have some pretty much everywhere, I think. The nice part about it is that you get to workout for free and they train you to become certified in both fitness equipment and teaching Zumba classes. You can also work there part-time--which is what I did--while working my regular full-time job. I just did it for fun and to blow off steam, because my regular job can sometimes be stressful.

Anyway, it is a good entry into the health and fitness industry. They are also willing to hire people who are genuinely interested in learning and becoming certified to teach classes, but yet may not have a ton of experience. There were several ladies I worked with who were in the fitness industry, however, I had no fitness experience other than working out myself. My full-time job is in another field and not in fitness, but they were willing to train me anyway and pay for my certification.
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
29-05-2015, 04:19 PM
(29-05-2015 12:35 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(28-05-2015 05:31 AM)LadyWallFlower Wrote:  Looking into taking a Pilates class. I've never gone to any fitness classes before. I've only ever exercised at home. But I've thought about getting into the health and fitness industry, so I guess I should actually go to a gym and see what it's like. Lol Shy

I was a personal trainer at Curves (fitness center for women). They're a chain and have some pretty much everywhere, I think. The nice part about it is that you get to workout for free and they train you to become certified in both fitness equipment and teaching Zumba classes. You can also work there part-time--which is what I did--while working my regular full-time job. I just did it for fun and to blow off steam, because my regular job can sometimes be stressful.

Anyway, it is a good entry into the health and fitness industry. They are also willing to hire people who are generally interested in learning and becoming certified to teach classes, but yet may not have a ton of experience. There were several ladies I worked with who were in the fitness industry, however, I had no fitness experience other than working out myself. My full-time job is in another field and not in fitness, but they were willing to train me anyway and pay for my certification.

Awesome! Thanks for the tip! Smile

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
[+] 1 user Likes LadyWallFlower's post