Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
29-05-2015, 04:54 PM (This post was last modified: 29-05-2015 05:00 PM by Nurse.)
RE: Atheists who work out
Last night was sloooow at work. Most of our patients belonged in stepdown but there was no room in the inn. So we paired up and a group of us did a 0300 workout with planks, lunges, 20 man push-ups, squats and abs. It was fun.

Just finished my run. One day I'm gonna make it to the top of the hugeass hill without walking, dammit. Wasn't today, but soon.

Other than the year and a half it took to lose the baby weight - last year was the heaviest I've ever been. Felt terrible, looked terr...not my best. In December I lost 20 pounds - a combination of stress and no money for food because my husband would rather his working wife starve than swallow his pride and ask my uncle for a job at the grocery store. I'm down another 20 pounds. One pound less than I weighed on my wedding day. I gotta start lifting weights again to firm up and maintain this weight. I don't want to lose anymore or I'll have to go on a search and rescue mission to find my boobs. Too bad I couldn't keep those...Confused

Anywho, I feel great as I'm getting back into stellar shape. Big Grin

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
29-05-2015, 04:56 PM (This post was last modified: 29-05-2015 05:05 PM by Nurse.)
Oops. Double post.

Ah well, I needed I make another one anyway. Good luck on your race, Morondog! I'd be there cheering you on with spirit fingers and all if I could, but this will have to suffice Smile

[Image: giphy.gif]

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
29-05-2015, 05:09 PM
How hard do you have to work out to sweet profusely in a air conditioned house?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
29-05-2015, 06:17 PM
If it's above freezing, I'm probably sweating. I was made me for cold weather Tongue. When I lived in Las Vegas my monthly electric bill was like $450 during the summer lol.

'Murican Canadian
30-05-2015, 03:06 PM
Hope your marathon went well for you, morondog.

I went to the gym today...back day. Deadlifts, wide grip lat pull downs, seated cable rows and straight bar push downs. Then, threw in some bicep curls using 15's and 20's. Yay for strength gains! Afterwards, a short run outside. Hot as bawls today.

Hope u all have a good weekend.

Think I'm tiring of the internet. This site is one of the few I post on anymore.

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
30-05-2015, 03:29 PM (This post was last modified: 30-05-2015 03:48 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
(30-05-2015 03:06 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Hope your marathon went well for you, morondog.

I went to the gym today...back day. Deadlifts, wide grip lat pull downs, seated cable rows and straight bar push downs. Then, threw in some bicep curls using 15's and 20's. Yay for strength gains! Afterwards, a short run outside. Hot as bawls today.

Think I'm tiring of the internet. This site is one of the few I post on anymore.

Nice!!!!

get some!...you are going to feel that in the morning Big Grin

loving it, you inspire me, and I took today off, 6 hours of college, then went to the local greek festival and ate EVERYTHING Flex

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 2 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
30-05-2015, 08:30 PM
(30-05-2015 03:29 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(30-05-2015 03:06 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Hope your marathon went well for you, morondog.

Nice!!!!

get some!...you are going to feel that in the morning Big Grin

loving it, you inspire me, and I took today off, 6 hours of college, then went to the local greek festival and ate EVERYTHING Flex

lol yes i think i will feel it all tomorrow. Laugh out load
thanks for your kind words...you inspire muchly! lol

local greek festival....i bet it was yummy! Yes

30-05-2015, 08:32 PM
(29-05-2015 04:54 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Last night was sloooow at work. Most of our patients belonged in stepdown but there was no room in the inn. So we paired up and a group of us did a 0300 workout with planks, lunges, 20 man push-ups, squats and abs. It was fun.

Just finished my run. One day I'm gonna make it to the top of the hugeass hill without walking, dammit. Wasn't today, but soon.

Other than the year and a half it took to lose the baby weight - last year was the heaviest I've ever been. Felt terrible, looked terr...not my best. In December I lost 20 pounds - a combination of stress and no money for food because my husband would rather his working wife starve than swallow his pride and ask my uncle for a job at the grocery store. I'm down another 20 pounds. One pound less than I weighed on my wedding day. I gotta start lifting weights again to firm up and maintain this weight. I don't want to lose anymore or I'll have to go on a search and rescue mission to find my boobs. Too bad I couldn't keep those...Confused

Anywho, I feel great as I'm getting back into stellar shape. Big Grin

Boobs do shrink first it seems...lol
Good job with everything you're doing, Nurse! ThumbsupHeart

31-05-2015, 05:01 PM
I had a great run today! Hawt as balls outside. But, I went a little over 4 miles and kept a good pace throughout. Ended with a duration of 41:22.
Then, 20 push ups...notttt the girly kind. Wink

[Image: bob-ferngren-strength-meme-300x247.png]

31-05-2015, 08:11 PM
Last night I registered for a marathon in December - it's something I always wanted to do but never thought I'd have the time for with a husband and a full time job. I've been thinking about my plan of attack with working twelves. I think I've about got it figured out. I love having goals.

More immediate - I'm running a 10K race in two weeks. The first 5K is relatively flat, the second 5K...not so much. It ends with a hill called "The Beast." I've had to walk it on my toes in years past.

This morning:
5 miles. All hills. Humid as hell. After staying up all night. It actually felt pretty good. And then I graced Publix grocery store with my sweaty self - I wanted some watermelon and rotisserie chicken, dammit.

[Image: 19b15e8e81e611e388d00a591398d939_6.jpg]

So the training begins Flex

[+] 4 users Like Nurse's post