Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
31-05-2015, 10:22 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
(31-05-2015 08:11 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Last night I registered for a marathon in December - it's something I always wanted to do but never thought I'd have the time for with a husband and a full time job. I've been thinking about my plan of attack with working twelves. I think I've about got it figured out. I love having goals.

More immediate - I'm running a 10K race in two weeks. The first 5K is relatively flat, the second 5K...not so much. It ends with a hill called "The Beast." I've had to walk it on my toes in years past.

This morning:
5 miles. All hills. Humid as hell. After staying up all night. It actually felt pretty good. And then I graced Publix grocery store with my sweaty self - I wanted some watermelon and rotisserie chicken, dammit.

[Image: 19b15e8e81e611e388d00a591398d939_6.jpg]

So the training begins Flex

You might be my new hero!! THIS IS AWESOME! I'm about to pee in my pants. Laugh out loadBig Grin

You're gonna kill it. Look forward to your training routine. Yes

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
31-05-2015, 11:04 PM
To everyone who pm-ed me asking what Zumba was Smile

It's basically a high energy, fun style of dance...

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
31-05-2015, 11:48 PM
(31-05-2015 11:04 PM)jennybee Wrote:  To everyone who pm-ed me asking what Zumba was Smile

I fuckin L Heart VE Zumba! Only time I ever did it consistently was during my 2nd trimester of pregnancy. It's been hard to do exercise classes with my work schedule and having a little one, otherwise I would have been doing Zumba and yoga for years - not exactly a lot of classes at 0200. I've got more time to devote to myself now that he's in school/summer camp plus sharing custody.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
01-06-2015, 12:02 AM
(31-05-2015 11:48 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(31-05-2015 11:04 PM)jennybee Wrote:  To everyone who pm-ed me asking what Zumba was Smile

I fuckin L Heart VE Zumba! Only time I ever did it consistently was during my 2nd trimester of pregnancy. It's been hard to do exercise classes with my work schedule and having a little one, otherwise I would have been doing Zumba and yoga for years - not exactly a lot of classes at 0200. I've got more time to devote to myself now that he's in school/summer camp plus sharing custody.

Yeah, Zumba's a lot of fun! I like jumping around dancing to music--it's a great way to blow off steam. I pretty much do that and yoga. I want to get into running like you guys--have to motivate myself for that though. Smile

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
01-06-2015, 12:16 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2015 12:33 AM by Nurse.)
Ladies, this could be pretty awesome and a great motivator:

Run Like a Diva Half Marathon

[Image: Divas+SF+Bay+2012+Start.jpg]

You get a pink tutu with your packet. Before you cross the finish line they give you a pink boa and tiara. Instead of a free beer like at Warrior Dash and Tough Mudder, you get a glass of champagne. I've done tons of obstacle courses, this sounds like a fun girlie time for a change. Girl_nails

As for the southeast, they've got races in Peachtree, GA; just outside DC in "Virginia's wine country"; and Myrtle Beach, SC. I can't do the one in Florida - it's the weekend before the Rocket City Marathon.

Edit: spelling Blush

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
01-06-2015, 12:56 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2015 01:21 AM by Nurse.)
(01-06-2015 12:02 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I want to get into running like you guys--have to motivate myself for that though. Smile

Register for a Color Run, Glow/Blacklight Run, Foam Run...there are a lot of people that sign up for those that have never ran more than a mile in their life. Lots of walkers. Speaking of walkers, there's a Zombie Run in Massachusetts this year - getting chased is certainly a motivator Laugh out load

I'm probably going to do this in Nashville this summer, inflatables for big kids Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
01-06-2015, 06:43 AM
Due to popular response, complimentary Orchard Fitness memberships are still available. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
01-06-2015, 08:32 AM
(01-06-2015 12:56 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(01-06-2015 12:02 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I want to get into running like you guys--have to motivate myself for that though. Smile

Register for a Color Run, Glow/Blacklight Run, Foam Run...there are a lot of people that sign up for those that have never ran more than a mile in their life. Lots of walkers. Speaking of walkers, there's a Zombie Run in Massachusetts this year - getting chased is certainly a motivator Laugh out load

I'm probably going to do this in Nashville this summer, inflatables for big kids Big Grin

That looks like a lot of fun!!

01-06-2015, 09:01 PM
4.5 miles tonight, total time 44:35 minutes
Then, ab work and incline bench.

Time for bed. Big Grin Twas a long day.

Be true to yourself. Heart
02-06-2015, 07:32 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2015 07:36 AM by WeAreTheCosmos.)
So my last few workouts had surprise crying sessions about 2/3 through. So far it's been triggered while listening to classical music cranked to the max, and facing the stream of morning sunlight that comes into my room... And usually in the middle of a damn set too. I did a quick Google, but only really find information about women crying in the gym...

Time to see the doctor?