Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
02-06-2015, 02:42 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
(02-06-2015 07:32 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  So my last few workouts had surprise crying sessions about 2/3 through. So far it's been triggered while listening to classical music cranked to the max, and facing the stream of morning sunlight that comes into my room... And usually in the middle of a damn set too. I did a quick Google, but only really find information about women crying in the gym...

Time to see the doctor?

Hm, are you taking any new supplements, like protien or something? Perhaps a change in your diet? Idk, just somethings to think about.

Sometimes if I'm under stress I won't cry until (randomly) later. Also, if I start laughing hysterically I'll cry. I'm not talking about laughing so hard that I just tear up. I will be laughing my ass off one second and then get the urge to ball my eyes out the next. Lol

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2015, 05:04 PM
(02-06-2015 02:42 PM)LadyWallFlower Wrote:  
(02-06-2015 07:32 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  So my last few workouts had surprise crying sessions about 2/3 through. So far it's been triggered while listening to classical music cranked to the max, and facing the stream of morning sunlight that comes into my room... And usually in the middle of a damn set too. I did a quick Google, but only really find information about women crying in the gym...

Time to see the doctor?

Hm, are you taking any new supplements, like protien or something? Perhaps a change in your diet? Idk, just somethings to think about.

Sometimes if I'm under stress I won't cry until (randomly) later. Also, if I start laughing hysterically I'll cry. I'm not talking about laughing so hard that I just tear up. I will be laughing my ass off one second and then get the urge to ball my eyes out the next. Lol

I haven't really changed my diet in the last decade. The only thing that's changed is I now workout in the morning, which I had NEVER done before about a week ago.

The only other time I've randomly started crying would be a few times I've hiked mountains, and camped out under the stars. It's not bad when I'm exercising, but I kind-of need clear eyes to see the stars... So that was a bit of an annoyance.

I'll ask my doctor next time I see her. I'm not too concerned since I think they're happy tears?
02-06-2015, 05:40 PM
(02-06-2015 05:04 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(02-06-2015 02:42 PM)LadyWallFlower Wrote:  Hm, are you taking any new supplements, like protien or something? Perhaps a change in your diet? Idk, just somethings to think about.

I haven't really changed my diet in the last decade. The only thing that's changed is I now workout in the morning, which I had NEVER done before about a week ago.

The only other time I've randomly started crying would be a few times I've hiked mountains, and camped out under the stars. It's not bad when I'm exercising, but I kind-of need clear eyes to see the stars... So that was a bit of an annoyance.

I'll ask my doctor next time I see her. I'm not too concerned since I think they're happy tears?

Could be testosterone levels??? But, I always thought that morning was typically the peak time. Do you normally take any medications that might affect mood? It could be you are working out prior to getting them into your system for the day??? I dunno, I'm just speculating.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
02-06-2015, 06:03 PM
(02-06-2015 05:40 PM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  
(02-06-2015 05:04 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  I haven't really changed my diet in the last decade. The only thing that's changed is I now workout in the morning, which I had NEVER done before about a week ago.

Could be testosterone levels??? But, I always thought that morning was typically the peak time. Do you normally take any medications that might affect mood? It could be you are working out prior to getting them into your system for the day??? I dunno, I'm just speculating.

Are your eyes just watering or are you crying? If it's just eyes watering there could be some allergen in the gym (maybe a cleaning product etc.) I know when I worked at a gym, when we didn't have any clients, we had to clean off the fitness equipment. If you are sensitive to that sort of thing and touch your eyes or its in the air etc.--it could be the cause of what's bothering you.

If it's an emotional cry sort of thing--do you have something going on in your life that is causing you to get upset? I just know when I was pissed at my ex boyfriend I took up kickboxing and sometimes when I was hitting the bag I would think of his face and the pain he caused me. I swear I'm a nonviolent person Tongue

Anyway, I would sometimes cry after my workout while I was going through all of that. A hard workout causes you to release all that pent-up stress, which could result in crying.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
02-06-2015, 06:20 PM
(02-06-2015 06:03 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(02-06-2015 05:40 PM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  Could be testosterone levels??? But, I always thought that morning was typically the peak time. Do you normally take any medications that might affect mood? It could be you are working out prior to getting them into your system for the day??? I dunno, I'm just speculating.

Are your eyes just watering or are you crying? If it's just eyes watering there could be some allergen in the gym (maybe a cleaning product etc.) I know when I worked at a gym, when we didn't have any clients, we had to clean off the fitness equipment. If you are sensitive to that sort of thing and touch your eyes or its in the air etc.--it could be the cause of what's bothering you.

If it's an emotional cry sort of thing--do you have something going on in your life that is causing you to get upset? I just know when I was pissed at my ex boyfriend I took up kickboxing and sometimes when I was hitting the bag I would think of his face and the pain he caused me. I swear I'm a nonviolent person Tongue

Anyway, I would sometimes cry after my workout while I was going through all of that. A hard workout causes you to release all that pent-up stress, which could result in crying.

Nah, it's some kind of endorphin rush or something... Like when you see something extremely beautiful. Just emotional tears, no sobbing. And I work out at home, where I clean like a psychopath.

Still, I'll definitely be checking my estrogen levels.
02-06-2015, 09:01 PM
(02-06-2015 05:04 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(02-06-2015 02:42 PM)LadyWallFlower Wrote:  Hm, are you taking any new supplements, like protien or something? Perhaps a change in your diet? Idk, just somethings to think about.

I'm familiar with this type of thing. It is not uncommon actually for people who exert themselves at the gym (or during sex) to cry during or after ...I've never had it happen with sex, however. lol But...it has to do with the chemical changes we go through when really pushing ourselves in exercise. Low to moderate exercise doesn't really bring it on. Hope this helps. Cool

Be true to yourself. Heart
02-06-2015, 09:02 PM
i wonder how morondog did ....

03-06-2015, 06:48 AM
(02-06-2015 06:20 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(02-06-2015 06:03 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Are your eyes just watering or are you crying? If it's just eyes watering there could be some allergen in the gym (maybe a cleaning product etc.) I know when I worked at a gym, when we didn't have any clients, we had to clean off the fitness equipment. If you are sensitive to that sort of thing and touch your eyes or its in the air etc.--it could be the cause of what's bothering you.

Nah, it's some kind of endorphin rush or something... Like when you see something extremely beautiful. Just emotional tears, no sobbing. And I work out at home, where I clean like a psychopath.

Still, I'll definitely be checking my estrogen levels.

instead of classical try listening to angry violent music with lots of swearing and random screaming while working out. Smile

'Murican Canadian
03-06-2015, 06:53 AM
I'm just being a smartass Tongue

But in all honesty I'm not much into the relaxing workout thing. My way of thinking is more along the lines of the Kai Greene Rage Philosophy, albeit with a different training agenda.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
03-06-2015, 06:12 PM
Went for run tonight, it went ok. 4.23 miles at 40:14 minutes. I'll take it. Big Grin
Then, worked on abs and did some wall squats. Those aren't fun.