Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
04-06-2015, 08:49 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
(04-06-2015 02:19 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Can't find any motivation whatsoever. Thought about going to the gym, but I'm told it wont do much. Exercising at home on my own makes me doubt I'll ever see results because who knows, I may be doing everything wrong or not for long enough.

I can find motivation to eat better and less, but it won't do shit if I don't exercise. I feel like I'm so out of shape I could die. I want to be healthy Sadcryface

who told you it won't do much?? we will be your motivation. YesHeart

morondog, glad you made it through, and you have a great and very inspiring attitude about it all!

nurse, i love those pics. congrats on your runs lately!

i went for a run tonight, roughly 3 miles, nothing too extensive. good pace. very hot out, but i like sweating. feels good when the workout is over to be drenched. Smile

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
13-06-2015, 08:28 AM
Stuck in the parking lot until the road is clear from the 5K. Here's an update:

This morning prior to my 10K:

Goal 1 - not last in my age group
Goal 2 - under 1 hour. Sounds reasonable for a moderate course.

Arrive at start line. Only 53 runners. Almost ALL of them Huntsville Track Club and Fleet Feet Mentors.

Revised goal number 1 - not last Laugh out load

During race: "I didn't remember there being this many hills on this side of town. Shit. I thought the first three miles were flat." Revised goal number 2 - just finish strong. Don't stop on the Eastview Beast.

Met my revised goals. Shy

I was third in my age group. Out of three. And I wasn't last Tongue There's no way in hell I could have ran under 42:00 like the first place woman in my age group. Next year should be bigger - it was pulled together late and wasn't advertised outside of the track club website and city website.

It was fun. First time I've seen a lot of my cop friends since the divorce - they were blocking the roads, including my ex. I've done obstacle courses with quite a few of them.

Now it's time to get my swim on with my boy - wave pool, here I come!!! Cool

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 5 users Like Nurse's post
13-06-2015, 12:01 PM
(13-06-2015 08:28 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Stuck in the parking lot until the road is clear from the 5K. Here's an update:

This morning prior to my 10K:

Goal 1 - not last in my age group
Goal 2 - under 1 hour. Sounds reasonable for a moderate course.

Arrive at start line. Only 53 runners. Almost ALL of them Huntsville Track Club and Fleet Feet Mentors.

Revised goal number 1 - not last Laugh out load

During race: "I didn't remember there being this many hills on this side of town. Shit. I thought the first three miles were flat." Revised goal number 2 - just finish strong. Don't stop on the Eastview Beast.

Met my revised goals. Shy

I was third in my age group. Out of three. And I wasn't last Tongue There's no way in hell I could have ran under 42:00 like the first place woman in my age group. Next year should be bigger - it was pulled together late and wasn't advertised outside of the track club website and city website.

It was fun. First time I've seen a lot of my cop friends since the divorce - they were blocking the roads, including my ex. I've done obstacle courses with quite a few of them.

Now it's time to get my swim on with my boy - wave pool, here I come!!! Cool

Your internal strength during everything you've been going through has been inspiring. Great to see you did this, and have fun at the wave pool!! Big Grin

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
14-06-2015, 08:40 AM
I started using MyFitnessPal about 10 days ago. It's been helpful in the motivation department, especially if you're honest about your calorie intake Tongue I like eating! And it adds up Weeping but when you put in your exercise you basically get more calories for the day to eat tasty things Big Grin

I've been doing yoga at least every other day and doing a bit of tabata maybe once or twice a week. Gettin strong! (I hope)

Good job running, runners. Keep it up! I'll be over here on the sideline Tongue

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post
14-06-2015, 09:34 AM
(14-06-2015 08:40 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  I started using MyFitnessPal about 10 days ago. It's been helpful in the motivation department, especially if you're honest about your calorie intake Tongue I like eating! And it adds up Weeping but when you put in your exercise you basically get more calories for the day to eat tasty things Big Grin

I've been doing yoga at least every other day and doing a bit of tabata maybe once or twice a week. Gettin strong! (I hope)

What's Tabata? (It's Sunday and I'm too lazy to google it)

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
14-06-2015, 09:44 AM
After the baby I lost a bit of the weight, but it slowly seems to be creeping back.

Finding a way to exercise when you have an 8 month old is disheartening.

*edit* while cleaning and repairing apartments and such I am SO sore! This wouldnt have been the case a year ago, I used to carry grown men around *lol* ugh.
14-06-2015, 10:37 AM
(14-06-2015 09:44 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  After the baby I lost a bit of the weight, but it slowly seems to be creeping back.

Finding a way to exercise when you have an 8 month old is disheartening.

*edit* while cleaning and repairing apartments and such I am SO sore! This wouldnt have been the case a year ago, I used to carry grown men around *lol* ugh.

Agreed. Very difficult. And your abs? Shot to shit after being stretched apart by a giant bowling ball. Mine still aren't the same - I was always able to do massive amounts of crunches and sit-ups. Since having my son I've *struggled* with doing more than a handful of sit-ups - I haven't been able to keep form with even one of them, but at least I can do tons of other ab exercises.

You have to get creative when you're short on time AND short on cash. You don't need a gym membership or a baby sitter. 10 minute online exercise videos - you can get in 30 minutes broken up into three sessions throughout the day. There are plenty of calisthenics you can do - nothing but your body weight, maybe a chair and a yoga mat. Jogging stroller from Craig's list - 8 months is old enough for one of those. You don't need to buy any weights for now - there are plenty of working out with baby youtube videos where baby hobbit IS the weight.

I struggled, too. I let the weight creep back up around that time, but didn't start working out until he was two. That's when we got P90X and when I started running again. It was fun. Also got Brazil Butt Lift - fun (I think it was $60, plus a $10 yoga mat, 3 and 5 pound dumbbells, and ankle weights- so less than $100 total). Video games like Just Dance - actually pretty good cardio.

I completely stopped working out last year - I weighed more than I did coming home from the hospital - gained 35 pounds. I've lost 42 pounds since December. It is easier for me now, though - split custody plus school/camp. Some of my runs I take him with me. He'll sprint/walk/sprint/walk - quite the workout, actually Smile Plus, my new apartment has a 24 hour fitness center and a pool. Will come in handy with my marathon training!

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
14-06-2015, 01:10 PM
(14-06-2015 09:34 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(14-06-2015 08:40 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  I started using MyFitnessPal about 10 days ago. It's been helpful in the motivation department, especially if you're honest about your calorie intake Tongue I like eating! And it adds up Weeping but when you put in your exercise you basically get more calories for the day to eat tasty things Big Grin

What's Tabata? (It's Sunday and I'm too lazy to google it)

More of HIIT protocol than a specific routine. Short duration (usually 4 minutes) very high intensity.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
14-06-2015, 02:05 PM
This morning's work-out was unloading half a trailer-load of clays at the sportsman's club - 12 pallets, 63 cases per pallet, 31.5 lbs (14.3 kg) per case ( 135 clays/case).
We had a good crew, but each of us probably hefted half the cases as we unloaded.

[Image: 10095550.jpg?is=500,500]

And then we:

[Image: ?format=1500w]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
14-06-2015, 02:08 PM
I've been sick. Flu for two weeks Angry Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck. FUCK. Sad Still not dead, but not better either Sadcryface Life's not fair.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.