Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
14-06-2015, 02:35 PM
RE: Atheists who work out
(14-06-2015 02:08 PM)morondog Wrote:  I've been sick. Flu for two weeks Angry Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck. FUCK. Sad Still not dead, but not better either Sadcryface Life's not fair.

[Image: keep-calm-i-m-not-dead-yet.png]

I've been there a few times myself.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
14-06-2015, 08:33 PM
(14-06-2015 01:10 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(14-06-2015 09:34 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  What's Tabata? (It's Sunday and I'm too lazy to google it)

More of HIIT protocol than a specific routine. Short duration (usually 4 minutes) very high intensity.

Yeah. It's a four minute session with 20 seconds of high intensity, 10 seconds rest. Repeat for 8 cycles. I've been doing bicycle crunches with it, or jumping jacks. The idea is that you do as many as you can as fast as you can (with good form) within those 20 sec bursts. I've got a free tabata timer app that makes it really easy to know when to start/stop.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
14-06-2015, 08:52 PM (This post was last modified: 15-06-2015 04:40 AM by Banjo.)
[Image: Jumping_Side_Kick1.jpg]

Until I suffered a terrible fall in 1996, my second career was as a professional martial artist. True story. After my fall I had to give up. Happily I could stiill drum, and walk!!

I am the one in the air. I was of course not a white belt. 2nd dan at that time if I recall. I ended my career qualified in 17 styles. That particular technique is called a jumping side kick.

I am a person who practises constantly. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
15-06-2015, 11:28 AM
WAH! I don't wanna do cardio or strength training! I just want to do Pilates and yoga all the time. I don't have to force myself to do Pilates or yoga. I just enjoy it.

But cardio and strength training...blah! There's so many good benefits of these exercises though, so I want to incorporate these type of exercises into my routine.

How do you guys make your workouts more enjoyable? How do you motivate yourselves to do the workouts you despise? lmao

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
15-06-2015, 11:54 AM
(15-06-2015 11:28 AM)LadyWallFlower Wrote:  WAH! I don't wanna do cardio or strength training! I just want to do Pilates and yoga all the time. I don't have to force myself to do Pilates or yoga. I just enjoy it.

But cardio and strength training...blah! There's so many good benefits of these exercises though, so I want to incorporate these type of exercises into my routine.

How do you guys make your workouts more enjoyable? How do you motivate yourselves to do the workouts you despise? lmao

I honestly do enjoy it. I mean I despise the typical gym atmosphere, but I love stepping out into the woods with a sandbag, a weighted vest, and some other random heavy objects as well as some portable gym rings I can just loop over a branch or something.

'Murican Canadian
15-06-2015, 12:21 PM
(15-06-2015 11:54 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I honestly do enjoy it. I mean I despise the typical gym atmosphere, but I love stepping out into the woods with a sandbag, a weighted vest, and some other random heavy objects as well as some portable gym rings I can just loop over a branch or something.

That's awesome. I guess I should just tailor my workout. Maybe if I have a goal to work toward or something. With yoga and pilates I can see myself getting better in my flexibility, balance, and ability to do challenging yoga poses.

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
17-06-2015, 02:44 PM
(15-06-2015 11:28 AM)LadyWallFlower Wrote:  WAH! I don't wanna do cardio or strength training! I just want to do Pilates and yoga all the time. I don't have to force myself to do Pilates or yoga. I just enjoy it.

My motivation is my mirror.
[+] 2 users Like ohio_drg's post
17-06-2015, 03:59 PM
(17-06-2015 02:44 PM)ohio_drg Wrote:  

My motivation is my mirror.

Ain't that the truth Big Grin When I first realised I was getting trimmer... holy shit I went bananas. Exercised like a maniac.... When you realise that it actually works - unlike every *fucking* supplement and stupid piece of shit electric gizmo that people try to sell you - it's a *hell* of a motivation.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
17-06-2015, 04:21 PM
We've all gotta have our reasons.

[Image: 09479d0.jpg]

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
17-06-2015, 04:54 PM
(17-06-2015 04:21 PM)yakherder Wrote:  We've all gotta have our reasons.

[Image: 09479d0.jpg]

Training to offer them a shoulder to cry on, a hot cup of coffee and a fresh start? Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.