Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
07-07-2015, 11:31 AM
RE: Atheists who work out
(07-07-2015 07:15 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  You really don't want that. While my girlfriend is attractive, seeing me naked would probably mentally scar you for life. I don't consider myself ugly, but I am probably one of the whitest people on the planet. Save yourself some therapy.

Meh, ain't nothing wrong with being fair complected. Heart

Maybe in the upper percentile of the whitest people on your continent, but surely not on the planet. Tongue

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
07-07-2015, 01:46 PM
(06-07-2015 05:18 PM)yakherder Wrote:  When I attach pallet straps to my head with strips of industrial velcro to do neck training people look at me funny. Funnier than usual.

Wait. What do you do?

I'm always working on my neck muscles to keep my posture erect. When I see older people one of the many things I see that have collapsed and weakened is their neck muscles and with that their posture. It's all connected with the spine alignment, of course.

I take ankle weights and balance them on my head while doing ballet plies. I do look stupid.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
07-07-2015, 02:38 PM
Ran 5 miles last night. Feel pretty good today.

Hit the weights during lunch and I just might try to run again tonight.
[+] 2 users Like ohio_drg's post
07-07-2015, 03:39 PM
Goodness me haven't pumped iron for over a week!No
Must get off this computer today and have a good one/
They say a bit of break can be good at times.
Should be really motivated!!!Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
08-07-2015, 08:09 AM
(07-07-2015 01:46 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(06-07-2015 05:18 PM)yakherder Wrote:  When I attach pallet straps to my head with strips of industrial velcro to do neck training people look at me funny. Funnier than usual.

Wait. What do you do?

I'm always working on my neck muscles to keep my posture erect. When I see older people one of the many things I see that have collapsed and weakened is their neck muscles and with that their posture. It's all connected with the spine alignment, of course.

I take ankle weights and balance them on my head while doing ballet plies. I do look stupid.

A modified version of something like this. This is great too, and I do use the resistance band as well, but what I was taking about is using a pallet strap instead of a resistance band. I can keep it stationary to do isometrics as I adjust the length little by little to work through a complete range of motion, or loop it over something and tie it to something heavy to create kind of a pulley system that allows for more effective angles than the typical neck harness.

'Murican Canadian
08-07-2015, 04:18 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2015 04:28 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
Had duty yesterday, walked over 12 miles while on duty dealing with ...well duty. Had less than 3 hours sleep, sweated gallons because in uniform running back and forth and no A/C on ship (in shipyards getting torn apart and rebuilt) said F it and went to gym ANYWAY. yeah yeah, I know my biceps are lagging, pisses me off, been nursing a sprained wrist that just wont heal for 3 months now, so all I can do is hammer curls.....Triceps and shoulders for the win though Flex

DISCLAIMER: shitty blurry pics, hard to take with hands shaking from 2.6 hour workout Weeping

[Image: y8oR4K.jpg]

[Image: yJNrkX.jpg]

[Image: SKHblL.jpg]

Drooling

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
08-07-2015, 06:25 PM
(08-07-2015 04:18 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Had duty yesterday, walked over 12 miles while on duty dealing with ...well duty. Had less than 3 hours sleep, sweated gallons because in uniform running back and forth and no A/C on ship (in shipyards getting torn apart and rebuilt) said F it and went to gym ANYWAY. yeah yeah, I know my biceps are lagging, pisses me off, been nursing a sprained wrist that just wont heal for 3 months now, so all I can do is hammer curls.....Triceps and shoulders for the win though Flex

DISCLAIMER: shitty blurry pics, hard to take with hands shaking from 2.6 hour workout Weeping

Drooling

Daaaaym! Lookin good. Your wife is a lucky gal.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
09-07-2015, 06:44 AM
(08-07-2015 06:25 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(08-07-2015 04:18 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Had duty yesterday, walked over 12 miles while on duty dealing with ...well duty. Had less than 3 hours sleep, sweated gallons because in uniform running back and forth and no A/C on ship (in shipyards getting torn apart and rebuilt) said F it and went to gym ANYWAY. yeah yeah, I know my biceps are lagging, pisses me off, been nursing a sprained wrist that just wont heal for 3 months now, so all I can do is hammer curls.....Triceps and shoulders for the win though Flex

Drooling

Daaaaym! Lookin good. Your wife is a lucky gal.

Blush been hitting it hard, problem is my left wrist injury prevents me from doing curls, and my right shoulder rotator cuff is being a pain in the ass, get a good workout in....take 3 days off until I can move my right arm again above my waist, rinse and repeat, but I am trying to change a few exercises, and put on another quality 10 pounds on this year now that my knee is rehabilitated .....damn...I sound like I am 90 years old Weeping Thanks though the encouragement means everything Thumbsup

Flex

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
09-07-2015, 11:46 AM
(09-07-2015 06:44 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  
(08-07-2015 06:25 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Daaaaym! Lookin good. Your wife is a lucky gal.

Blush been hitting it hard, problem is my left wrist injury prevents me from doing curls, and my right shoulder rotator cuff is being a pain in the ass, get a good workout in....take 3 days off until I can move my right arm again above my waist, rinse and repeat, but I am trying to change a few exercises, and put on another quality 10 pounds on this year now that my knee is rehabilitated .....damn...I sound like I am 90 years old Weeping Thanks though the encouragement means everything Thumbsup

Flex
Damn, you too? I have had consistent forearm wrist issues when I did curls, I eventually gave up on them and just rely on chin-ups for the biceps.

Overhead presses have been another issue, I've impinged my shoulder twice so I reduced weight, increased reps and just do 1 set now.

Sucks, my goal isn't really to pack on muscle, I fear that bulking/cutting cycles might wreak havoc with cholesterol/heart at my age. But I'm not on any medications at my age, so I'm feeling pretty good.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
09-07-2015, 12:11 PM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2015 10:46 AM by goodwithoutgod.)
(09-07-2015 11:46 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(09-07-2015 06:44 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  Blush been hitting it hard, problem is my left wrist injury prevents me from doing curls, and my right shoulder rotator cuff is being a pain in the ass, get a good workout in....take 3 days off until I can move my right arm again above my waist, rinse and repeat, but I am trying to change a few exercises, and put on another quality 10 pounds on this year now that my knee is rehabilitated .....damn...I sound like I am 90 years old Weeping Thanks though the encouragement means everything Thumbsup

Flex
Damn, you too? I have had consistent forearm wrist issues when I did curls, I eventually gave up on them and just rely on chin-ups for the biceps.

Overhead presses have been another issue, I've impinged my shoulder twice so I reduced weight, increased reps and just do 1 set now.

Sucks, my goal isn't really to pack on muscle, I fear that bulking/cutting cycles might wreak havoc with cholesterol/heart at my age. But I'm not on any medications at my age, so I'm feeling pretty good.

Yeah the wrist thing is annoying, I googled it and apparently it is well known weight lifter issue from supinated curls in a locked position, like from straight bar or EZ-bar curls. meh.

I have dropped the weight and leaned towards high intensity, and volumization on presses as well. I use the hammer press machine now, the one you put the plates on each side, sit down and press up typically I superset that with bench dumbbell presses

Seated presses, reps x weight, then then go do a set of dumbbell presses for chest, rinse and repeat...

35reps x 135lbs
30 x 155
25 x 185
20 x 205
14 x 225
10 x 275

think I may need to swap back to ....seated dumbbell presses instead with a much lighter weight for a bit Weeping