RE: Atheists who work out
I'm Down 6 pound! Miracles!

Even after having a blue cheese and Sriracha burger for lunch yesterday Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
14-07-2015, 10:20 AM
This guy's obviously lean and fit, but a bodybuilder? That's just embarrassing. I suddenly feel the need to eat steak so I don't end up as tiny as this man.

[Image: ed_1.jpg]

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
14-07-2015, 10:22 AM
He looks normal. A lot of body builders start to look like freaks of nature. Lol
14-07-2015, 10:37 AM
(14-07-2015 10:22 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  He looks normal. A lot of body builders start to look like freaks of nature. Lol

That's exactly my point. He looks normal. Smile

There is certainly nothing wrong with normal, and I'm not a fan of the bloated, mass monster, HGH gut look either, but it still seams like a more appropriate caption would be

No Meat.
No [Muscle].

Ed Bauer
Vegan "Bodybuilder."

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
14-07-2015, 10:38 AM
(14-07-2015 10:37 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(14-07-2015 10:22 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  He looks normal. A lot of body builders start to look like freaks of nature. Lol

That's exactly my point. He looks normal. Smile

There is certainly nothing wrong with normal, and I'm not a fan of the bloated, mass monster, HGH gut look either, but it still seams like a more appropriate caption would be

No Meat.
No [Muscle].

Ed Bauer
Vegan "Bodybuilder."

He looks pretty good to me Drooling
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
14-07-2015, 01:16 PM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2015 01:19 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
(14-07-2015 10:20 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  This guy's obviously lean and fit, but a bodybuilder? That's just embarrassing. I suddenly feel the need to eat steak so I don't end up as tiny as this man.

[Image: ed_1.jpg]

buahahahahahahahahahahahaa makes you wanna ask, "do you even workout bro?"

ok ok i am being mean. buuuuut I am the epitome of someone who is NOT genetically blessed in ANY way to workout/gain muscle. I fought tooth and nail for YEARS to gain every precious ounce, every joint in my body is pretty much crap, and I feel pretty good for an ol guy whose natural body weight is around 130lbs soaken wet and I am currently 210lbs....natural....which is STILL small...I want to be 240lbs with 20 inch arms if it KILLS me. So it amazes me when I see these guys that go on a lean diet for a few months, cut fats/carbs to expose their abdominals, and suddenly "cover model!".....looks like he has worked out for....3-6 months doing pilates. The muscles are not well developed, and that doesn't mean not showing, I mean they lack maturity....shape that you only get from years of work, he looks like a professional ping pong player who found a pair of 10 lb weights to curl and started doing pushups last week.

Again, I in no way think I am anything special, because I am not, I overcame shitty genes with blood sweat and tears and many thousands of dollars over the years in natural supplements, not to mention 6-8 meals a day just to be average sized joe....but this guy? It reminds me of men's health magazine (which I subscribe to, as well as flex and muscle and fitness) and they have these guys that look like they discovered the gym yesterday on the cover...now i realize the concept of "know your audience" but come on... and no I dont expect some roided out jackasss on the cover of men's health, but if they get a cover, at least have someone who has worked out for...I dunno...longer than 6 months on it...

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
14-07-2015, 08:50 PM
Maybe body builder isn't the right term. Browsing through his lifts out of curiosity, he's got some pretty good numbers though. Not elite, but advanced (as per the generally accepted weight ratios) for sure.

I'm big on relative strength, though. I try to stay above 200 but never let myself exceed 215. Explosive strength is also important to me. Nobody would be impressed by my lifts or my measurements considering how much I work out, but I could probably kill someone with a head butt. The time other people spend trying to increase the size of their muscles, I spend doing weird shit like what I mentioned a page or two ago.

I base my routine off of this guy's literature (same as the one in the neck training video I referenced):

Yeah I've pretty much idolized him, and I'd probably join his cult if he started one. At any rate, most of this stuff wouldn't produce muscle mass at a rate that would satisfy a body builder. Everyone has a different agenda. Not sure exactly what Ed Bauer's is, but I've heard his name more than a few times so I guess he's doing something right. Granted, if he weren't vegan on top of it, he probably wouldn't receive half the recognition he does. But he is, and he does, so good for him.

I just wanna be light enough for mountaineering and strong enough to break people. We've all gotta have our goals Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
14-07-2015, 08:59 PM
(14-07-2015 08:50 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Maybe body builder isn't the right term. Browsing through his lifts out of curiosity, he's got some pretty good numbers though. Not elite, but advanced (as per the generally accepted weight ratios) for sure.

I'm big on relative strength, though. I try to stay above 200 but never let myself exceed 215. Explosive strength is also important to me. Nobody would be impressed by my lifts or my measurements considering how much I work out, but I could probably kill someone with a head butt. The time other people spend trying to increase the size of their muscles, I spend doing weird shit like what I mentioned a page or two ago.

I base my routine off of this guy's literature (same as the one in the neck training video I referenced):

Yeah I've pretty much idolized him, and I'd probably join his cult if he started one. At any rate, most of this stuff wouldn't produce muscle mass at a rate that would satisfy a body builder. Everyone has a different agenda. Not sure exactly what Ed Bauer's is, but I've heard his name more than a few times so I guess he's doing something right. Granted, if he weren't vegan on top of it, he probably wouldn't receive half the recognition he does. But he is, and he does, so good for him.

I just wanna be light enough for mountaineering and strong enough to break people. We've all gotta have our goals Tongue

That guy's a freakin' machine. Bowing
15-07-2015, 05:41 AM
(14-07-2015 10:20 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  This guy's obviously lean and fit, but a bodybuilder? That's just embarrassing. I suddenly feel the need to eat steak so I don't end up as tiny as this man.

Hahaha, I might be a weirdo for saying this, but I actually prefer a guy who isn't as chiseled as this guy. Whether a guy is on the skinnier side with less muscle or has muscle with a bit more body fat, it's really just because I want a guy to look like he's go have a cheeseburger with me. I know I'm stereotyping, but that's just my preference. Lol

Basically, if you take me out for cheeseburgers, you're in.

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
[+] 2 users Like LadyWallFlower's post
15-07-2015, 07:18 AM
(15-07-2015 05:41 AM)LadyWallFlower Wrote:  

Hahaha, I might be a weirdo for saying this, but I actually prefer a guy who isn't as chiseled as this guy. Whether a guy is on the skinnier side with less muscle or has muscle with a bit more body fat, it's really just because I want a guy to look like he's go have a cheeseburger with me. I know I'm stereotyping, but that's just my preference. Lol

Basically, if you take me out for cheeseburgers, you're in.

I totally agree. Muscle heads never really did it for me either.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post