Atheists who work out

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
15-07-2015, 08:29 AM
RE: Atheists who work out
(15-07-2015 05:41 AM)LadyWallFlower Wrote:  
(14-07-2015 10:20 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  This guy's obviously lean and fit, but a bodybuilder? That's just embarrassing. I suddenly feel the need to eat steak so I don't end up as tiny as this man.

Hahaha, I might be a weirdo for saying this, but I actually prefer a guy who isn't as chiseled as this guy. Whether a guy is on the skinnier side with less muscle or has muscle with a bit more body fat, it's really just because I want a guy to look like he's go have a cheeseburger with me. I know I'm stereotyping, but that's just my preference. Lol

Basically, if you take me out for cheeseburgers, you're in.
Make it a double bacon cheeseburger (my cheat day burger of choice) and you've got yourself a deal
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Cosmic Discourse's post
15-07-2015, 08:39 AM
(14-07-2015 10:20 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  This guy's obviously lean and fit, but a bodybuilder? That's just embarrassing. I suddenly feel the need to eat steak so I don't end up as tiny as this man.

Hahaha, I might be a weirdo for saying this, but I actually prefer a guy who isn't as chiseled as this guy. Whether a guy is on the skinnier side with less muscle or has muscle with a bit more body fat, it's really just because I want a guy to look like he's go have a cheeseburger with me. I know I'm stereotyping, but that's just my preference. Lol

funny you say that, every time I start to cut to expose my abs my wife gets upset...she doesn't like my stomach chiseled...says it isn't "comfortable to hug a rock"...wtf is that? but makes it good for me, I can keep the rest rock hard and not worry about eating super clean to expose the abs ...win win. But then she claims she doesn't care that I workout...I always say on my way out the door, "heading to the gym baby, so I look good for you"...and she always replies, "ha, you do it for YOU, not me, I just want you healthy so I can keep ya longer." Angry Flex Weeping

she can say that all she wants, I think she secretly likes when she sees people watching me in the gym while she is on the treadmill, talk that trash if she wants to, if I was 5 feet wide I bet she would "care." Tongue

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
15-07-2015, 09:34 AM
(15-07-2015 08:39 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  funny you say that, every time I start to cut to expose my abs my wife gets upset...she doesn't like my stomach chiseled...says it isn't "comfortable to hug a rock"

Lol, I can see what she means though! Personally, cut abs isn't as big of a thing for me. A nice upper body is what first catches my eye.

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
[+] 1 user Likes LadyWallFlower's post
15-07-2015, 09:38 AM
(15-07-2015 08:29 AM)Cosmic Discourse Wrote:  Make it a double bacon cheeseburger (my cheat day burger of choice) and you've got yourself a deal

Double bacon cheeseburger? Mmm, talk foodie to me! Drooling

LOL sorry, I had to say it. I'm a nerd. Rolleyes

"Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions,
their lives a mimicry,
their passions a quotation."
-Oscar Wilde
[+] 1 user Likes LadyWallFlower's post
15-07-2015, 09:45 AM (This post was last modified: 15-07-2015 09:49 AM by jennybee.)

I don't care so much if the guy is majorly chiseled--although GWG and many of the other chiseled guys on here look pretty damn good to me Drooling I do, however, like a guy who can keep up with me. I like to hike and backpack and it's nice to be able to do those things with someone who has the energy, stamina, and physicality to do them. And if they like eating french fries on occasion, even better Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
15-07-2015, 01:04 PM
A well known body builder I do have great admiration for is Bolo Yeung. For those of you communists who don't know him, he's a bad guy in Enter the Dragon, Bloodsport, and pretty much every other movie he's done prior to the last decade or so. Aside from being a competitive bodybuilder, he's trained with everyone from Bruce Lee to Van Damme, and is also known for having defected from China to Hong Kong in the 60s by swimming to it. So yeah, big in his day, and far from merely an overgrown muscle head Tongue

Anyway, this clip is from a movie in 2007 (when he was 61 years old I should mention) in which he was practicing tai qi with Cung Le. Bolo is the older of the two, obviously. He's not as big as he used to be,
[Image: blyng.jpg]
but at one time his dead lift was 700 pounds, not too shabby, and he's still in great shape.

Dad

Junior

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
29-07-2015, 05:41 PM
Not sure if there's any Rousey fans on here (currently one of the biggest names in the world of female mixed martial arts competitors), but she put on quite a display in Rio today. She even hugs a kid that runs out in the end and signs his belt. Good stuff Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
29-07-2015, 05:45 PM
(29-07-2015 05:41 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Not sure if there's any Rousey fans on here (currently one of the biggest names in the world of female mixed martial arts competitors), but she put on quite a display in Rio today. She even hugs a kid that runs out in the end and signs his belt. Good stuff Tongue

Yeah, she's pretty bad ass Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
29-07-2015, 08:24 PM
I'm so pissed, I was recovering so well from my septoplasty operation ( fixing a deviated septum) and was about to get back into yoga, ballroom dancing and ballet. I was feeling so well that I went out in the backyard and started scrubbing off the moss on our patio bricks. Well, I'm not supposed to bend over and put pressure on my sinuses but being the stupid person I am, all that scrubbing had me bending over and then my nose started hurting. So I'm back in recovery mode. I kinda relapsed and feel like crap.

Damn.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
29-07-2015, 08:34 PM
(29-07-2015 08:24 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I'm so pissed, I was recovering so well from my septoplasty operation ( fixing a deviated septum) and was about to get back into yoga, ballroom dancing and ballet. I was feeling so well that I went out in the backyard and started scrubbing off the moss on our patio bricks. Well, I'm not supposed to bend over and put pressure on my sinuses but being the stupid person I am, all that scrubbing had me bending over and then my nose started hurting. So I'm back in recovery mode. I kinda relapsed and feel like crap.

Damn.

That sucks. Can you do some meditation (sitting in a cross-legged position?)